The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Overall the paper was manageabl, apart from a couple of qns, but because everybody found it hard, maybe the boundaries would be lowered- we are talking UMS scores, so it may come up even higher!!
Reply 61
Dharini1987
so did anyone else put 3pi/8 and 7pi/8, or am i just alone on that??

exactly what I got :smile:
YEY- i was very worried that no one else got that!!!
Reply 63
I did *****. Couldn't get any of the last 2 questions, so just tried to fudge the show thats. Retake form here I come!
If we want to retake in june, do we have to fill anything out? - i mite heve to take S2 again!!
Reply 65
Dharini1987
If we want to retake in june, do we have to fill anything out? - i mite heve to take S2 again!!

You wait for the results. It is then sorted out in your school. It will be made clear by your examinations officer.
Reply 66
... For the graph of f(x) or whatever (the general solution e^-t(sin2x+cos2x)
they asked to label where it crossed the x axis however the x axis was f(t) so at 1, I don't think it said on the t axis.
Reply 67
What threw me was that it asked for the co-ordinates through the x-axis i.e. what we usually call the y-axis. So it wouldn't have been in terms of pi would it? (Q6 I think this is).
Reply 68
trunksss6 exactly.
Reply 69
Sorry, didn't see your post there. I pointed that out on the paper but was so convinced my answer must be wrong, I didn't even bother drawing the graph.... :mad: .
How stupid and defeatist of me.
Reply 70
I drew it like a curve but it wasn't getting smaller and smaller as time went by :tongue:
Reply 71
Ugh, I came out of that thinking I did OK (finally managed the polar show thats with about 30 seconds to spare), but then once I got out, someone went, "what did your graph look like", and I was like "what graph? there wasnt a graph question... Oh dear..." Turns out I managed to not see the question at all! Tahts 4 marks down the pan, and I have a graphical calculator to cheat on it too! Ugh. Also I didnt realise the time was in hours, so I just put 2. Thought that was a bit easy... Though even so, surely multiplying a number by 60shouldnt be worth 2 marks in a Further maths exam! so yeah, lost all the easy marks through not reading. :mad:
Reply 72
**** That.

The last question was hard, the rest was ok but still much harder than I expected.
Any guesses for the grade boundaries??
57/75 for an A, you heard it here first
your telling me that 76% is good enough for an A? That sounds good, but sadly unrealistic- what was it last year- because it was easier than that paper.
Reply 76
KAISER_MOLE
57/75 for an A, you heard it here first

wat about a B/C :rolleyes: thats more likely :biggrin:

wat u say? 48-B?
I have written down what i think the answers are for each question- please correct/ alter if necessary

1) Proof

2) x<0 and 2<x<4

3)a. show that
b. lambda = 6
c. 20

4)a. x = e^-t(Acos2t + Bsin2t)
b. x = e^-t(cos2t + sin2t)
c. 7pi/8, 3pi/8

5)a. alpha = 1.87
b. alpha = 1.866
c. 112 mins

6)a. Proof
b. lots of different solutions: I got 3y^2 + 8xy - 3x^2 = A^2
c. show that

7)a. show
b. show
c. show
Reply 78
7. a. Was not a "show". Well it was a show. But they didn't give the answer to hunt for.
Reply 79
wow they look REALLY similar to my set of answers *is filled with glee* we can live in hope of that A that noone seems to expect :s-smilie:

Latest