Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University Official Representative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by shutthedoor
Hello.

I wonder about Languages for all. It's written that it's free for students who pay fee. So those who get student's loan can't attend language courses for free?

Yes they can
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 181
Hello,
I was wondering If most courses are going to be in ucas extra this year, as I made a mistake earlier this year applying for a course that didn't appeal to me, and now withdrawn all my offers and was wondering if Aston
pharmacy course is going to be on ucas extra this year. I absolutely loved the university and the course on the open day but didn't apply due to my predicted grades being ABB and needing AAB but I hope to take the risk if there are spaces available. :smile:
Went to the economics open day. Loved it! Definitely firming Aston :smile:
Reply 183
hey!! what is the cheapest living costs at aston on campus? thank you!
Original post by Aston University
Hello, my name is Karen and I work at Aston University. As an admissions officer within Aston Business School I can answer questions relating to making an application for our business courses, but I can also help with any questions about studying at Aston, what Birmingham is like, or anything else that you’d like to know. If you would like information about any of the other degrees at Aston please free to ask and I’ll get the answer for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Karen Nisbett
Official University Representative

Hi Karen

What percentage of students get a 1st or a 2:1?

thanks
Reply 185
Original post by jayM

Accommodation? Right now it's Stafford Tower but I believe they're knocking that down. Next year I think it'll be Lakeside :biggrin:
Reply 186
Hello, my name is Karen and I work at Aston University. As an admissions officer within Aston Business School I can answer questions relating to making an application for our business courses, but I can also help with any questions about studying at Aston, what Birmingham is like, or anything else that you’d like to know. If you would like information about any of the other degrees at Aston please free to ask and I’ll get the answer for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Karen Nisbett
Official University Representative

Hi, I was wondering how long it usually takes to process accommodation applications? I applied for accomodation just over a week ago and my application is still waiting to be verified

Also, I have been offered a place on the Accounting for management course at Aston Business School, the requirements for this were AAB, I assume my qualifications were up to this standard as I have an offer. I have the following qualifications;

A-Level Business Studies, Grade B
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business, Distinction
OCR Level 3 National Certificate in ICT, Distinction

I assumed these would also qualify for the excellence scholarship as the requirments for this are also AAB, but at the open day I was told I would probably not qualify, could you clear this up for me?
Hi, I've applied for Psychology and so far, Aston, which will definitely be my firm, has not replied. (All my other choices have.) Is this normal as I sent my application in October?

Thanks.
HI Everyone,

Apologies for taking a long to respond to some of your messages. We will be working through and answering all your questions over the next few working days.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Hi there,

For current students, do we still get a bursary or has that been scrapped? And when should i expect the letter to arrive?

thanks

Hi

Details of all our Bursaries are on the website http://www1.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/student-finance/scholarships-grants-loans/scholarships/aston-bursaries/

If you have any further questions, about scholarships and bursaries as a current student you can get further advice from the Hub Advice Zone on the Ground Floor, just off the upper foyer of the main building.
Original post by shutthedoor
Hello.

I wonder about Languages for all. It's written that it's free for students who pay fee. So those who get student's loan can't attend language courses for free?

All first year students are entitled to learn a language for free in the first year through Languages for All. You have a student Loan but that still counts as fee paying student.
Original post by jayM

Hi our cheapest accommodation is Lakeside Find out more about our accommodation here. http://www1.aston.ac.uk/study/accommodation/roomprices/
Original post by Bill_Gates
Hi Karen

What percentage of students get a 1st or a 2:1?

thanks

Hi Bill,

Do you want to know the statistic for your particular course or the overall university?
Original post by Aston12
Hi, I was wondering how long it usually takes to process accommodation applications? I applied for accomodation just over a week ago and my application is still waiting to be verified

Also, I have been offered a place on the Accounting for management course at Aston Business School, the requirements for this were AAB, I assume my qualifications were up to this standard as I have an offer. I have the following qualifications;

A-Level Business Studies, Grade B
Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business, Distinction
OCR Level 3 National Certificate in ICT, Distinction

I assumed these would also qualify for the excellence scholarship as the requirments for this are also AAB, but at the open day I was told I would probably not qualify, could you clear this up for me?

Hi Aston12,

The accommodation application process usually takes 1-2 weeks depending on how many applications are coming in. We are experiencing a high number of applications so the accommodations teams will have a lot of applications to process. I would say give them another week or so but any longer than that you can email them at [email protected] to find out what's happening.

In terms of the Aston Excellence Scholarships I cannot tell you if you would qualify with those grades but you will know whether you qualify as we will write to you as soon as we know your final grades and your place has been confirmed.

Further information is here

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/student-finance/scholarships-grants-loans/scholarships/aston-excellence-scholarship/

and here:

http://www1.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/student-finance/scholarships-grants-loans/scholarships/aston-excellence-scholarship/a-level-equivalents/
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
Hi, I've applied for Psychology and so far, Aston, which will definitely be my firm, has not replied. (All my other choices have.) Is this normal as I sent my application in October?

Thanks.

Hello Mr Frying Pan,

This doesn't sound normal, please email us with your name and your UCAS ID number and we will look into this for you.

Send your email to [email protected].
Hello. The Excellence Scholarship takes no account of subject so, yes, you would still qualify if one of your A grades is in General Studies. Of course, you would need to meet the entry requirements of your course first.

Thanks for your message.

hey is the Excellence scholarship for international students as well?
Original post by Sagal8xx
Hello,
I was wondering If most courses are going to be in ucas extra this year, as I made a mistake earlier this year applying for a course that didn't appeal to me, and now withdrawn all my offers and was wondering if Aston
pharmacy course is going to be on ucas extra this year. I absolutely loved the university and the course on the open day but didn't apply due to my predicted grades being ABB and needing AAB but I hope to take the risk if there are spaces available. :smile:

Hi Sagal,

All Life and Health Sciences courses including Pharmacy will be considering applications via UCAS Extra this year. Predicted grades of ABB are perfectly acceptable. Although our standard offers are AAB, we will consider making this offer to students predicted slightly lower than this, as we understand that predicted grades are only estimates.
Hello Mr Frying Pan,

This doesn't sound normal, please email us with your name and your UCAS ID number and we will look into this for you.

Send your email to [email protected].

Done. I forgot to mention I'm a mature student, completing an Access to HE course, so that might affect my application.
Hi Bill,

Do you want to know the statistic for your particular course or the overall university?

Hi

I have applied for two courses,
International Business & economics
and Business Management

For those two would be great thanks and overall if possible

Kind regards
Bill
Reply 199
Hi Sagal,

All Life and Health Sciences courses including Pharmacy will be considering applications via UCAS Extra this year. Predicted grades of ABB are perfectly acceptable. Although our standard offers are AAB, we will consider making this offer to students predicted slightly lower than this, as we understand that predicted grades are only estimates.

Thank you for your reply and can you please tell the email address I should send my new personal statement to? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest