The Student Room Group

Is Bournemouth University or Solent University have better computing courses?

Hello,
I am currently applying for university and I want to study Cybersecurity or Software Engineering (I'm not sure as I haven't decided yet). But I am stuck between picking Bournemouth University and Southampton Solent University. I have looked into as much as I can with both universities but I would like to get advice or an extra opinion from someone studying the course or going to one of the universities. Both of these universities have interesting modules.
Pros:
Bournemouth is closer to home, has a good reputation, you can change to another computing course for the second year and has connections to organisations.
Solent is accredited for both courses, has fantastic facilities, smaller groups for more of a direct learning and has connections to organisations
Cons:
Bournemouth is not accredited for Cybersecurity and doesn't have many facilities.
Solent is further away and is ranked lower (I think this is because it is newer though).

Thank you!
Hey did are you able to tell me which university you ended up going for?
Reply 2
Original post by TwiceMina

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I actually went to neither, I moved and went to Aston University. I'm in my final year and studying Computer Science.
Original post by TwiceMina

Hello!

I'm not sure whether you're still debating whether to choose BU or Southampton, however, many of our computing degrees are accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status.

We also have several courses to offer within Computing & Informatics, such as, BSc (Hons) Business Computing with Analytics, BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Management and BSc (Hons) Computer Science - you can look through all our Computing & Informatics courses here 🙂

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Kerry - BU Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending