The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Applicants Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I got my conditional offer from Westminster for Criminology and Sociology :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I got declines from all other university apart from Northampton and Westminster, I had the interview at WM yesterday. It was really busy at the campus, but the presentation was cool, the lecturors seemed nice (especially the one who interviewed me).

I have taken a different route to my career in IT - I haven't got any A levels, I did an apprenticeship and I've been working in IT support for a year. I'm extremely glad Wmin gave me the interview - I hope to be starting Computer Networks and Communications in September :smile:
Original post by jbish
Anyone applied for Computer Networks and Communications or any other computing course and had an interview?

I've applied for Computer Science + a year in foundation and didn't need an interview :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by js-elliott
I have applied for BA Photographic Arts. Has anyone else applied for this?

I have also applied for Photographic Arts. Sent an online portfolio off about a week ago. Have you got interview dates?

Starting to get a bit nervous...
Reply 124
Original post by mcluvin
Yeah same! Got an interview for the 14th. What stage are you at?

how long did it take for you to get an interview date after you sent your online portfolio off? also did you get an email to say they'd recieved it?!
Hey I intend to apply to Uni.Westminster for Sept 2012.

I am at my last semester which ends in May. I need to go for an internship and finish it at the end of September to finish my degree. I will get my letter of graduation on October as the latest.
Is it possible for me to be eligible to apply for the scholarship?
Reply 126
Original post by DoctorJay
I got declines from all other university apart from Northampton and Westminster, I had the interview at WM yesterday. It was really busy at the campus, but the presentation was cool, the lecturors seemed nice (especially the one who interviewed me).

I have taken a different route to my career in IT - I haven't got any A levels, I did an apprenticeship and I've been working in IT support for a year. I'm extremely glad Wmin gave me the interview - I hope to be starting Computer Networks and Communications in September :smile:

Hi,

I have an interview and presentation on Wednesday...

What questions were you asked, especially interested in technical and what maths as I've been informed there may be some!

Any help would be great Thanks!!
Original post by jbish
Hi,

I have an interview and presentation on Wednesday...

What questions were you asked, especially interested in technical and what maths as I've been informed there may be some!

Any help would be great Thanks!!

I've replied via email - but for all others they ask algebra, equations, line graphs, fractions and decimals. You can request interview details straight to them if you just reply to the interview confirmation email
Ive got joint interview for buying/merchandising on 29th feb anyone else going to be there?
Reply 129
Original post by lornaa_
how long did it take for you to get an interview date after you sent your online portfolio off? also did you get an email to say they'd recieved it?!

It was between a week and two weeks after, and yeah they sent a confirmation email
Reply 130
Original post by colly92
Unconditional for westminster Business with Tourism course! Anybody else appiled to this course?

September should be fun!

Hey I got a conditional offer at this course too :biggrin: only that i m not very sure if i want to follow this course because it does not have a placement year.How about u?:tongue:
Reply 131
Original post by Alinalia
Hey I got a conditional offer at this course too :biggrin: only that i m not very sure if i want to follow this course because it does not have a placement year.How about u?:tongue:

Ah nice one. nice to get talking to someone else who has applied!

Yeah i'm not sure either also because of no placement, i would rather a placement year, i have applied to other unis that have placement just waiting to see what other uni gives me an offer. I would be happy enough doing the tourism and business as the course looks really good! :biggrin: x
Got my unconditional offer from Westminster, computer networks and communications. Yeaaaaaaaaaaah
Hey, anyone else applied for BA Fashion Design?
Reply 134
Original post by *Pink~Pixie~Lilly*
Ive got joint interview for buying/merchandising on 29th feb anyone else going to be there?

I had my merchandising interview @ wmin on the 1st of this month and got my offer back within the week! SO happy, it's my first choice too!
Reply 135
Offer for TV production...anyone else?
Got my conditional in English Literature and Language in December, anyone else? :smile:
Reply 137
I got an unconditional offer for the MA Music Business Management, but only from UKPASS. I can accept, decline or withdraw, but how do I know the details of this offer ? (ie. if I accept now, do I need to pay some fees, when can I apply for scholarships, etc etc)

Did you guys receive an email from Westminster directly or was it only through UKPASS ?
Reply 138
Original post by Shilpaaa
has anyone had offers for cognitive neuroscience?

I got an offer for cognitive neuroscience last week! Have you heard anything back yet?
Reply 139
Got an interview on 7th of March for Commercial Music Performance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending