The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology A2 Unit 3 - January 19th 2012

Hey there, anyone doing this exam? Who's started revising? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by oli_042
Hey there, anyone doing this exam? Who's started revising? :smile:

there's a thread below on this. and a few of us started already. there is just insane amounts to learn so best get an early start.
Reply 2
Original post by Mephestic
there's a thread below on this. and a few of us started already. there is just insane amounts to learn so best get an early start.

Oh sorry! Do you mind linking me I can't seem to find it :s-smilie: And I agree! Have made notes on basically all of child psychology, and most of crime... going to start printing off all the exam papers soon :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Original post by oli_042
Oh sorry! Do you mind linking me I can't seem to find it :s-smilie: And I agree! Have made notes on basically all of child psychology, and most of crime... going to start printing off all the exam papers soon :rolleyes:

ah nuts sorry just realised your after Edexcel paper 3 - i was referring to AQA Spec A paper 3...

apologies!
Reply 4
Original post by Mephestic
ah nuts sorry just realised your after Edexcel paper 3 - i was referring to AQA Spec A paper 3...

apologies!

Ah okay no worries, anyone doing this exam then? :smile:
Reply 5
Bump - anyone doing the Edexcel Psychology Unit 3 exam on Child & Crime?!
Reply 6
Yes, Im doing Child and Crime aswell.
Reply 7
Ah hey, you're the first person apart from me apparently on these forums to be taking this exam! How's your revision going?
Reply 8
Pretty bad considering i got the flu :frown:
but i've managed to go through both criminal and child sections and done 2 past papers.
How about you?
Reply 9
Sorry for the late reply! I hope you've had a good Xmas despite your flu. Yeah I have made pretty concise notes on everything so far, almost finished notes on Criminal Psychology, done 2 past papers and have got a mock when I return back to school. Hopefully it'll go okay! What are you predicted? Is there anything you're finding difficult to get your head around?
Reply 10
I spent christmas in the hospital lol but im all well now recovering.
Im predicted A/B for January exam, what about you?
To be honest i find criminal and child really easy and interesting compared to AS because it all about application, so to answer your question nothing has really struck me yet . How about you, anything your struggling with?
Im SO curious to see what topics are going to come up in the exam !!
Reply 11
Yeah, I'm going to be sitting that one, Criminal + Child. There's not a lot of material to learn at all so you can actually pretty much figure out all of the possible questions then can ask.
Reply 12
Hi all, also taking this exam in Jan. Has anyone had problems with "The role of the media in modelling antisocial behaviour" in Criminal? Based on what my teachers gave me and the edexcel textbook, I'm finding it a little hard to understand the specification in terms of what kind of questions they expect us to answer on it :s-smilie: Any help would be great :smile:
hiii guys, does anyone have any revision notes or anything they could attach?

anything would be much appreciated

thanksssssssssss :smile:
Reply 14
I have not had a specific question on the role of models, but you can apply it to a question for social learning theory for example:

Billy was arrested by police and given a ASBO to control his aggressive behaviour.When asked for his explanation he blamed his parents for letting him watch too many violent programmes.

Describe how social learning theory would explain aggressive behaviour?

So its an application question, explain banduras perspective of attention,retention,motivation and reproduction
billy probably learnt from his male role models on tv and then explain the importance for reproduction of behaviour to occur is MOTIVATION.

For an Evaluation type question of SLT
i.e Evaluate Social Learning Theory as an explanation of Anti-Social Behavour?

you could introduce studies or role models or media i.e Anderson and Dill,Barlett ,Rideout all supportive research into the link between antsocial behaviour and tv /media/role models etc.
but then obviously dispute it by explaining other explanations i.e biologically predisposed to aggression etc causing antisocial behaviour

Not a great explanation but i hope it helps !
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sana210693

Original post by Sana210693
I have not had a specific question on the role of models, but you can apply it to a question for social learning theory for example:

Billy was arrested by police and given a ASBO to control his aggressive behaviour.When asked for his explanation he blamed his parents for letting him watch too many violent programmes.

Describe how social learning theory would explain aggressive behaviour?

So its an application question, explain banduras perspective of attention,retention,motivation and reproduction
billy probably learnt from his male role models on tv and then explain the importance for reproduction of behaviour to occur is MOTIVATION.

For an Evaluation type question of SLT
i.e Evaluate Social Learning Theory as an explanation of Anti-Social Behavour?

you could introduce studies or role models or media i.e Anderson and Dill,Barlett ,Rideout all supportive research into the link between antsocial behaviour and tv /media/role models etc.
but then obviously dispute it by explaining other explanations i.e biologically predisposed to aggression etc causing antisocial behaviour

Not a great explanation but i hope it helps !

in a mock i got this question:

Many psychologists believe that the media does cause antisocial behaviour

Using your knowledge of psychological theory and research, explain one reason why these psychologists might hold this belief.
Original post by oli_042

Original post by oli_042

there's only 3 past papers available on the edexcel website, right?
Reply 17
Original post by persian_tanya
there's only 3 past papers available on the edexcel website, right?

Yes
Reply 18
Original post by oli_042
Bump - anyone doing the Edexcel Psychology Unit 3 exam on Child & Crime?!

i'm doing those topics! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by riotjane
Hi all, also taking this exam in Jan. Has anyone had problems with "The role of the media in modelling antisocial behaviour" in Criminal? Based on what my teachers gave me and the edexcel textbook, I'm finding it a little hard to understand the specification in terms of what kind of questions they expect us to answer on it :s-smilie: Any help would be great :smile:

do you still need any help in that area? :smile: i'd be happy to help you out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending