University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by DoubleNegative
Haha, if we both get in, we might end up on the same floor. :tongue:
That's not toooo bad. Hull's just over half way to Newcastle for you. :smile: I went down again today, I absolutely loved it. It made me want to not go home. XD I seriously can't wait, but I bet it'll fly. :^_^:

If we both get into where we want chances are that may well be the case! as long as i'm self catered i'll be happy, en-suite will be a bonus, can just about live without it as they seem to keep them clean! I didn't want to leave when i went lol! desperate to go back already! I do hope it'll fly :smile: Less that 7 months to go :biggrin:
If you've firmed them have you heard anything more from them yet?
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by dbrad86
x

x

I'm hoping to get into the Nicholson Hall as well :biggrin:
Reply 262
Original post by dbrad86
Yeah, instead get to enjoy the mad rush! hope to get where i want as from the sound most people want to stay in the lawns! Yeah I have, have you got any sort of confirmation from Hull about firming it? As I haven't and did it two weeks ago!

Oh dearrr, i never really thought about that - damn. Yeah i do too, sounds like the place to be anyway! I got a letter from UCAS, but nothing from Hull. Guessing we'll get something with accomdation stuff.
Original post by Darkphilosopher
I'm hoping to get into the Nicholson Hall as well :biggrin:

Haha, looks like we might end up seeing each other next year! If we all get in that is. :crossedf: :beer:
What have you applied for? :smile:
Original post by dbrad86
If we both get into where we want chances are that may well be the case! as long as i'm self catered i'll be happy, en-suite will be a bonus, can just about live without it as they seem to keep them clean! I didn't want to leave when i went lol! desperate to go back already! I do hope it'll fly :smile: Less that 7 months to go :biggrin:
If you've firmed them have you heard anything more from them yet?

That would be really cool. :smile: I'm not sure anymore, I might be more inclined to go for ensuite over SC. So I'm thinking Nicholson ES/SC, Lambert ES, Nicholson SC. I dunno though, I'll have to think about it. :smile:
Neither did I! I was there yesterday, and as soon as I got back home I wanted to be there. It doesn't feel like home here anymore. XD XD There's only 6ish months left. It can't come fast enough for me.
I haven't firmed yet, soon though. Probably monday. I wanted to do it yesterday but I need to talk to my head of sixth form first. :/ I'll let you know when I get something. :biggrin:
Just got back from my weekend trip for the open day. I loved every moment of it :smile: I'm definitely going to firm Hull :biggrin:

Were you there on Saturday? :biggrin:
(And please, no one tell me I can multi-quote, I just didn't realise I was replying to so many.)
Were you there on Saturday? :biggrin:
(And please, no one tell me I can multi-quote, I just didn't realise I was replying to so many.)

Yup :smile:

And i've applied for computer science :cool:
Yup :smile:

And i've applied for computer science :cool:

Me too! :biggrin: Except I was in the Psychology lectures all afternoon. :P
We might have even seen each other!
Reply 268
Original post by Alexwalsh
Oh dearrr, i never really thought about that - damn. Yeah i do too, sounds like the place to be anyway! I got a letter from UCAS, but nothing from Hull. Guessing we'll get something with accomdation stuff.

Definitely does, have you had a look round the halls? ahhh ok! good! was starting to worry that my response hadn't been received! time to play the waiting game!!

That would be really cool. :smile: I'm not sure anymore, I might be more inclined to go for ensuite over SC. So I'm thinking Nicholson ES/SC, Lambert ES, Nicholson SC. I dunno though, I'll have to think about it. :smile:
Neither did I! I was there yesterday, and as soon as I got back home I wanted to be there. It doesn't feel like home here anymore. XD XD There's only 6ish months left. It can't come fast enough for me.
I haven't firmed yet, soon though. Probably monday. I wanted to do it yesterday but I need to talk to my head of sixth form first. :/ I'll let you know when I get something. :biggrin:

The kitchens are exactly the same so wouldn't losing any of that space I suppose, but i'd get so fed up with being cooked for! lol especially if the food isn't good, on the other hand when I can't be bothered to cook (stinking hangover) would be nice to be catered for! lol
Haha crazy isn't it! think I might go back a couple of times before September to satisfy my new addiction!! I firmed it the second I got back from looking around! lol
I'm going to be doing Mechanical Engineering.

If any people going to Hull have facebook pm me a link or whatever!! :smile:
Original post by flandalf
I went to the American Studies applicant day yesterday. I went there thinking American Studies was at the bottom of my list but now I'm genuinely considering firming it above Nottingham and York... the people were friendly, the course actually sounds very very interesting (and appeals to all of my A Levels: History, English Literature, Art) and I've come away entirely enthused.

The guy who lead the talks (I believe his name is David Eldridge, though the students we spoke to refer to him as Dave) actually already knew all of our names and what subjects we were taking and could even recall what one guy wrote about specifically in his personal statement. It seems like a simple thing but it's surprisingly impressive and made me feel much more welcome. It is unsurprising that American Studies at Hull has a 100% student satisfaction rating (:

Glad you were so enthused after the open day. Hull really does them well. Don't know much about York, but have a friend at Nottingham and there's certainly no comparison with my experience at Hull which has been far, far better. The lecturers do really get to know you and are really approachable. The opportunities offered here are brilliant if you make the effort. Can't recommend Hull highly enough!
Original post by dbrad86
The kitchens are exactly the same so wouldn't losing any of that space I suppose, but i'd get so fed up with being cooked for! lol especially if the food isn't good, on the other hand when I can't be bothered to cook (stinking hangover) would be nice to be catered for! lol
Haha crazy isn't it! think I might go back a couple of times before September to satisfy my new addiction!! I firmed it the second I got back from looking around! lol
I'm going to be doing Mechanical Engineering.

If any people going to Hull have facebook pm me a link or whatever!! :smile:

Yeah, I know the feeling! Especially if you're not sure what you're eating... But the convenience is great. But then again, no flexibility! It's a tough one. :/
Haha I know, me too! XD I've got a friend there already (she's in her second year), so it's not tooootally infeasible. :P I'm so close to firming it, even though I haven't seen my teacher yet. I can last one more day! I can firm it at school if I need to. XD
Sweet. I've always loved the idea of Engineering, but it's far too complicated for me. :tongue:
I'm just PM'ing you a link now. This is so exciting. XD XD
Nothing like a bit of HULLywood :biggrin:
Reply 272
Original post by notanumber
Glad you were so enthused after the open day. Hull really does them well. Don't know much about York, but have a friend at Nottingham and there's certainly no comparison with my experience at Hull which has been far, far better. The lecturers do really get to know you and are really approachable. The opportunities offered here are brilliant if you make the effort. Can't recommend Hull highly enough!

Yeah, the students we spoke to pretty much said the same and obviously the 100% student satisfaction thing was mentioned a couple of times! The course appeals to me way more than I thought it would so it comes down to my other applicant days, but Hull is definitely still well in the running after my visit (:
Original post by Beano
You'll love the lawns, but soon you'll hate the lawns food :smile:

Too true, too true. It's the variety rather than the quality tbf :smile:

Original post by dbrad86
Sounds like something to avoid then! hope i get into self catering! the rest sounds pretty good though, maybe apart from the bus service! but i'll be taking my car and bike anyway so always other options of getting in, depending on how much of a rush i'm in

Bahh the buses arent bad, there's 3 services (102,103,105) which run so one will turn up every 15 mins at least. Dw about the grub, granted its generally the same variety for the year but the quality aint too bad :smile:
Reply 274
Im applying to the Lawns but I just wanted to know..what are the rooms like size wise? The en-suite ones that is..

& is anyone else going to the March 10th Applicant day? :smile:
Thankssss
Reply 275
Original post by bridget_x
Im applying to the Lawns but I just wanted to know..what are the rooms like size wise? The en-suite ones that is..

Thankssss

I'm going on the 10th March :smile: what course are you going for?
Original post by bridget_x

Thankssss

Rooms are about 4m x 3m but you also have a small triangular balcony. Kitchens in en-suite halls are usually a good size, so very sociable and plenty of cupboard space. Rooms have wardrobe, big desk, large storage cupboard, bookshelf. You have to clear rooms in the holidays, but can leave stuff in one side of the wardrobe, so can actually leave loads of things there.
Original post by L2307
anyone recieved an offer for social work?

I have :smile:
Got an offer for Music. Just need to get my grade 8, which shouldn't be difficult at all. =]
Did anyone go to the open day this Saturday (10th)?
How did you find it

It was my second visit for computer science and I loved it, I will almost certainly be putting it has my firm!

Quick Reply

Latest