Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by trouvedogg
Also anyone nervous about the first 2 freshens nights on 22nd and 23rd? How is this enough time to make friends?!

I'm nervous about them too, I won't know a single person but I'm sure a lot of people will be in the same boat...

...I hope.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 401
Original post by carl_senior
Has anybody had any info about the Hull Bursary yet? http://www2.hull.ac.uk/student/money/uk/2012/bursary.aspx

No I haven't but I want to contact them about it, but they said they would contact us. D;
Original post by anonystudent
Hey guys, just got into Hull through adjustment. Who else will be studying Computer Science? :smile:

I am :smile:
Original post by Chloebk
No I haven't but I want to contact them about it, but they said they would contact us. D;

Just emailed them, they said they are still waiting on information, once they have all the info then they will set a date to make payments :smile:
Original post by Darkphilosopher
I am :smile:

Great! Hope to see you there :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 405
Original post by Straven
well im actually doing chemistry with analytical chem and toxicology, so if u meant the just chem course then im not doin the same, but the first two years are the same for i think all chemistry courses

yeah chemistry with study in industry.. nearly went for the analytical chem and toxicology sounds interesting :smile:
Reply 406
Anyone here studying human biology? :smile: Also, does anyone know when I should hear about accommodation/receive the welcome pack with Hull having been my insurance but now being my firm? I've heard some people have received the welcome pack already and I'm getting worried haha! x
Original post by Keeeley
Anyone here studying human biology? :smile: Also, does anyone know when I should hear about accommodation/receive the welcome pack with Hull having been my insurance but now being my firm? I've heard some people have received the welcome pack already and I'm getting worried haha! x

Don't worry about the welcome pack, there's basically nothing useful in there, it's mainly student union stuff, and loads of adverts/leaflets :rolleyes:
Original post by whiteing
Just got an offer to do Physics with a foundation year :smile: Anybody going to the clearing open day thing tomorrow? Yet to see the uni, is it anygood? :P

When I went I was pleasantly surprised considering the reputation of the city. You should like it :smile:.
Reply 409
Don't worry about the welcome pack, there's basically nothing useful in there, it's mainly student union stuff, and loads of adverts/leaflets :rolleyes:

It's just I want to buy the platinum card and I think you can only buy that from the form which comes in the welcome pack? :confused:
Reply 410
Original post by Keeeley
It's just I want to buy the platinum card and I think you can only buy that from the form which comes in the welcome pack? :confused:

You can also buy it over the phone if you call the union :smile:
Original post by Keeeley

I think you can buy it at the student union at any time during the year :tongue:
It's probably worth sending them an e-mail and asking :wink:
Reply 412
Original post by Samus2
You can also buy it over the phone if you call the union :smile:

Ooooh thanks :smile:
Original post by Ajd28
I'm nervous about them too, I won't know a single person but I'm sure a lot of people will be in the same boat...

...I hope.

I'll be on my own too, I don't know anyone who's going apart from the people I've met on here/fb. It'll still be absolutely terrifying though!
I'm sure it'll be fine though, we'll all be scared and alone, and I'm sure that'll help. XD I'm more worried about the first few hours- I'll definitely be leaving my door propped open, trying to look friendly. :P
Hey, I've just got in to Hull through clearing, Chemical Engineering.
Thinking of going into a student house if I can. Anyone know much about them? I've not visited Hull as I didn't apply originally so I don't really know much about it.
Dead excited to meet all new people!
Reply 415
Just emailed them, they said they are still waiting on information, once they have all the info then they will set a date to make payments :smile:

Phew, you get to choose how to receive payment for example, of student accommodation, cash etc
Reply 416
Original post by EveAndrews
Hey, I've just got in to Hull through clearing, Chemical Engineering.
Thinking of going into a student house if I can. Anyone know much about them? I've not visited Hull as I didn't apply originally so I don't really know much about it.
Dead excited to meet all new people!

Hey :smile: Congrats, I went through clearing too.

As far as I'm aware, the uni owned student houses are full, however, you will then get enteredinto the scheme which is basically houses all over the university area.

I went through the scheme too and have had an awesome year :smile:
Accepted to do Marketing and Economics.

Didn't even do a UCAS form, ha!

Can't wait :smile:
Reply 418
Original post by josiemay
yeah chemistry with study in industry.. nearly went for the analytical chem and toxicology sounds interesting :smile:

im just hoping that they start slow for the first couple of days as this has been a long holiday and i think the freshers week will also probably make me slightly less focused :smile:
Reply 419
Original post by Straven
im just hoping that they start slow for the first couple of days as this has been a long holiday and i think the freshers week will also probably make me slightly less focused :smile:

yeah.. to be honest i've been thinking more about accommodation/night life/meeting new people for the past few weeks than the actual course.. hm they might understand our brains have been inactive for 2.5 months and go easy on us to start :-P

Quick Reply

Latest