The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Unit 4 26/01/12 PM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EffKayy
I'm not being arrogant? I've told him before that it is the wrong answer, so why is he then preceeding to ask the same question again, whilst being a drama queen..

Wasn't this a three mark question? First mark for the naming the nitrile, and next two for reaction? Or was there only one mark for the reaction?
Reply 981
Original post by 1platinum
Is this correct? What the **** I put butanenitrile.

Yes thats correct.
Reply 982
Original post by Parthenon93
Wasn't this a three mark question? First mark for the naming the nitrile, and next two for reaction? Or was there only one mark for the reaction?

Yeap it was 3 marks.

I believe one mark for the nitrile, one for the equation and perhaps one for balancing (2h20).

State symbols werent required as it didnt ask. (edexcel always say) lol
Original post by EffKayy
Yes thats correct.

Did they ask to give the name, or formula would do? :/ I gave the formula :/ Didn't they ask for the structural formula? :confused:
Reply 984
Original post by Parthenon93
Did they ask to give the name, or formula would do? :/ I gave the formula :/ Didn't they ask for the structural formula? :confused:

Structural formula for the nitrile.
However all of it could be structural.
Original post by EffKayy
Structural formula for the nitrile.
However all of it could be structural.

wasnt it CH3CH2CN ???? will i geh a mark fr jjuzz writing that ?!? :tongue:
Original post by ih8edexcel!

1 mark.
Reply 987

Yes
Original post by EffKayy
Yes

ok thnk GOD at least i got something ! and im sorry if I was rude or anythign !!! (cuz clearly u were) :tongue:
Reply 989
the equation is perfectly correct even i wrote the same !! LOOLL !! i think adding HCL or any acid will make a difference to NH3 not the CARBOXYLIC ACID !! so as long as tths ryte i think its right !!!

Spud ^^
Original post by NutterFrutter
1 mark.

yayyyyy zanksss
Original post by James A
no its different because your talking about nucleophillic attacks which is irrelevant. by saying that it undergoes a nucleophillic attack is not answering the question, therefore for one mark you have to make references to it being a better leaving group because of the highly electronegative chlorine.

Yes because I said the carbon is more susceptible to nucleophilic attack when bonded to a CL than to an OH which is why its a better leaving group. Maybe you should look up the reaction :tongue:
Original post by JTKorro
Spud ^^

WATEVERRRR GO TO HELLLLLLLLLL !!! u alll r so meann !!! is like studentroom filled with your kinds !!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 993
Guys, just wanted to check if X was the ketone and Y was the aldehyde, cos I put warm with Fehling's soln and X remains a blue soln whilst Y gives a red ppt.
Reply 994
Original post by Ivo
Guys, just wanted to check if X was the ketone and Y was the aldehyde, cos I put warm with Fehling's soln and X remains a blue soln whilst Y gives a red ppt.

Yes.
I used benedicts but its the same thing. (colour wise)
Reply 995
Original post by EffKayy
Yes.
I used benedicts but its the same thing. (colour wise)

Ah OK, that's reassuring. :smile: Do you remember the name used for the last question, it was something bath :tongue:
Reply 996
Original post by Ivo
Ah OK, that's reassuring. :smile: Do you remember the name used for the last question, it was something bath :tongue:

Nah cant remember.. but it said something like matey haha
Original post by Ivo

i think it was bubble bath ! :biggrin:
Reply 998
Guru meditation? wth
Original post by EffKayy
Guru meditation? wth

Lol. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending