The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Unit 4 26/01/12 PM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EffKayy

Original post by EffKayy
Because they gave you the amount of hydrogen iodide at equillibrum and the initial. So to work out the moles which were produced/used for hydrogen iodide, you take minus the equllibrium moles from the initial. Then as the reactants were in the ratio of 2:1, you half it. This gives you the number of moles for the reactants for the two reactants. You were told in the question the initial that the initial moles for both were 1. So you minus the moles produced/used from the initial to get the moles at eqillibrium.

PHEW.

hehe thanks now to somehow prove it to the rest of them in school. what did u think about it? i was glad no 10 mark nmr stuff came up!
Original post by EffKayy
Do you think 'more reactive' will be a mark? lol

1. Yes I suppose. You do realise your words don't have to exactly match the mark scheme? As long as you get the point through, you get a mark.

2. I was explaining to the person I quoted why explaining why it is more reactive will get both marks, because that is what the question asked - why will reaction be faster - not why yield will be greater or other things - so yes, 2 marks for explaining reactivity for "why faster".
Original post by Parthenon93
1. Yes I suppose. You do realise your words don't have to exactly match the mark scheme? As long as you get the point through, you get a mark.

2. I was explaining to the person I quoted why explaining why it is more reactive will get both marks, because that is what the question asked - why will reaction be faster - not why yield will be greater or other things - so yes, 2 marks for explaining reactivity for "why faster".

Oooo yes it did talk about why it would be faster. So talking about yield would be irrelevant (like irreversible).

I talked about
-How its more reactive.
-Leaving group - more better
-No equillibrium so more product (however the last point is more to do with yield)

Hope I get 1 mark.. lol
Original post by EffKayy
Oooo yes it did talk about why it would be faster. So talking about yield would be irrelevant (like irreversible).

I talked about
-How its more reactive.
-Leaving group - more better
-No equillibrium so more product (however the last point is more to do with yield)

Hope I get 1 mark.. lol

You get both marks me thinks. For saying it is more reactive, and for saying why it is more reactive. :smile:
Original post by EffKayy
You're wrong.

Again.
I already said before that I may have read it wrongly so "again" is in appropriate. Have i not told you that everything included I lose 8 marks. Much greater than your "75ish". Someone just asked whether anyone else put aldehyde and I answered. Who the @#$%! are you to say that I am wrong.
Original post by farhanyen
I already said before that I may have read it wrongly so "again" is in appropriate. Have i not told you that everything included I lose 8 marks. Much greater than your "75ish". Someone just asked whether anyone else put aldehyde and I answered. Who the @#$%! are you to say that I am wrong.

OMGEEE !! that dude is always like this ! leave him alone probably a loner with nothing else to do ! haha !

Lol. Yeah by saying you put aldehyde you're just saying that you put the wrong answer down.

LOL.
Really? Says the guy that didnt know butene had a 4carbon chain.. damnnnnnnnnnnnn

You can't exactly assume you got every mark that you haven't been challenged on, especially for longer questions. Tbh from what you've mentioned about the exam you don't sound like you have only lost 8 marks. There will always be more you have overlooked.
Reply 1188
Original post by Chow mein
You can't exactly assume you got every mark that you haven't been challenged on, especially for longer questions. Tbh from what you've mentioned about the exam you don't sound like you have only lost 8 marks. There will always be more you have overlooked.

seriously ? i mean shouldnt we encourage him instead ! and tell him there could be a chance that those answers could be right rather than telling him he may lose marks elsewhere ! come on..!
Reply 1189
Original post by EffKayy
Original post by alz333

It's been pointed out that edexcel made a mistake as sample materials aren't checked like these markschemes are.

Yes i emailed edexcel and yes your z answer is correct i would like to apologize for my error sorry for inconveince please do not take it on a personal note
Original post by alz333

It's been pointed out that edexcel made a mistake as sample materials aren't checked like these markschemes are.

Yes i emailed edexcel and yes your z answer is correct i would like to apologize for my error sorry for inconveince please do not take it on a personal note

Can I see what you emailed to edexcel and their response please?

And no worries :smile:
Original post by iesians
seriously ? i mean shouldnt we encourage him instead ! and tell him there could be a chance that those answers could be right rather than telling him he may lose marks elsewhere ! come on..!

Yeh maybe I just think its stupid to say "I did better than you I think I got this you think you got this" when we haven't got the marks back yet. He seems quite self sure so I don't think he needs any particular encouragement.
Reply 1192
Original post by Chow mein
Yeh maybe I just think its stupid to say "I did better than you I think I got this you think you got this" when we haven't got the marks back yet. He seems quite self sure so I don't think he needs any particular encouragement.

well there are many people in this thread like that ! ive seen them ! why not tell that to everyone then ! anyways its ur wish ! :smile:
guys stop arguing over spilt milk, the exam is already done, you had enough time to talk about it.....
does anyone have a copy of the paper
[email protected]
thanks
Original post by James A
guys stop arguing over spilt milk, the exam is already done, you had enough time to talk about it.....

FYI ! v arent even talking aboout exxxam anymore ! :tongue: LOOL
Reply 1196
Original post by jsmith6131
does anyone have a copy of the paper
[email protected]
thanks

Hey did you manage to get the copy of the paper?
Original post by M2193x
Hey did you manage to get the copy of the paper?

na sorry :frown:
Having seen the markscheme, my 'expected' mark has decreased significantly.

Crap. LOL.
Original post by EffKayy
Having seen the markscheme, my 'expected' mark has decreased significantly.

Crap. LOL.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get a mark scheme from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending