The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Around £120 :/.
Reply 701
This reminds me to ask my mum how much i've got in my bank, because i can't take money out of it till i'm 18 so i've never really bothered to check how much.
Reply 702
Original post by Dalek1099
Unfournately,I only have about £700 and look set to fail my target to reach £1000 by the end of the school year because I have been wasting all my money buying Pizza and Sweets-How do I stop?

Think of all the fat in the products before buying them, which is what i tend to do to put me off
I really don't understand why people neg you by simply answering the question and saying how much money you have in your account. If someone has more than £100 in their account, they get negged on here. Anyway, to answer your question, I have just over £20 in my account.
£1016 in my current account
£2000 in my ISA, with some interest since I put it in last year, which I haven't looked at.
£8,920 currently.

I'm jealous of all these people in the +'s with thousands of pounds.
I've taken a student loan for my degree so anything I've got at the bank doesn't particularly feel mine...

Unless I get a ridiculous amount of money and it overtakes my debt of around 18k at the moment... which realistically is not going to happen! :frown:
Not in the near future any way...
Original post by hamburgerandbeans
I really don't understand why people neg you by simply answering the question and saying how much money you have in your account. If someone has more than £100 in their account, they get negged on here. Anyway, to answer your question, I have just over £20 in my account.

People either think they are bragging (bit silly if the purpose is to be factual) or else are just indicating they are jealous, which would be a bit pathetic.

I have a saver account with £3000 in it and a current account which has about £6,500 in it at the moment. I am 16 and the money comes from birthday and Christmas gifts of cash over some years, plus I get a regular allowance and don't spend that much of it, as I board at school and most things are provided. I also have a trust fund accumulated for me which is for the five grandchildren of our mutual grandparents and has what sounds to me like a huge amount in it, but in terms of the income we will all get from it as we get older, is more like a salary.
No money. My student loan doesn't cover my accommodation costs. :colonhash:

Ask me in 6 weeks time (after my summer job) and the situation will be different!
Reply 710
£77.96, and my iPhone has just died on me :frown:
currently about £4500 and working constantlyu over the summer to fund my travels ... after that probably negative thsat :rolleyes:
Original post by Dalek1099
Unfournately,I only have about £700 and look set to fail my target to reach £1000 by the end of the school year because I have been wasting all my money buying Pizza and Sweets-How do I stop?

you stop being a fatty and start thinking about the future.. at the end of it you will be the one without enough to live on and end up in debt.. its not a hard choice to make really is it?
Original post by 331sam331
About £2000 at 20.

£860 is about to go on car insurance :eek: :frown: Probably about another 300 on top of what my current car sells for will go on the new car.

So there will be £840 left :s-smilie:

Have managed to avoid my £750 overdraft which I am very proud of haha :biggrin:

Whoever negged me, why?

I worked for that money, if you haven't got the ability to find a part time job, not spend all your money when you get it, or rely on overdrafts all the time because you spent all your money on booze, then that's your fault. I welcome the negg for this edit, truth is the truth at the end of the day.

+1 for the edit :biggrin:

I've got about £70 in the current, and just under £3000 that was put into a savings account on my first birthday, I've never touched it (Even when I really wanted a car!) and it will pay off my first years accommodation.

Even though I've been working in one form or another since 13 I never have much money "/
Reply 714
£1000 in savings.
£100 or so in Current (1)
£45 in Current (2)

So about £1145 altogether... I've just finished my 1st year of Uni. Considering I started with -£250 back when I started in October, I feel quite accomplished.

I'm in full time work now (have been for the past two months... which was fun during my exam period) so hopefully I can keep adding to it.

Unfortunately my last month's wages were eaten up by a new laptop (thanks for dying old laptop), paying some guy to transfer data off said old laptop and buying food.

And possibly some new clothes, but everyone needs some fun :wink:
I don't know how much music you guys download, but if money's tight I'd recommend using Audials 9.

It's free and completely legal software that negates copyright laws as it records music/videos/dvd's for later use rather than fileshares.

It's morally ambiguous and I'm in no way related to the software, but I think it might be useful to a lot of people :smile:
Reply 716
money.png

:frown:
£0.00

I can't find a part time job yet and my parents were made redundant and so cant support me (but they are giving me £30 for my birthday next week, which is likely to be the only money I'll have all year).

So obviously I get a bit jealous when all I see all over facebook is 'payday, wooo!' from my lucky friends who found part time jobs.
Reply 718
What I have in my bank doesn't really matter right now because my card broke yesterday! So I can't get to my money. Good time to break, banks aren't open until Wednesday :angry:
So tough times for a couple more days! I have no money out in cash and I have no food, I discovered it was broken when I went to buy food due to having none.
I haven't eaten a thing today, and i'm about to order a takeaway online because i'm starving.

Thank god for Justeat! It's the only way I can get food right now!
about £150,000

jokes. :L

Latest

Trending

Trending