The Student Room Group

The Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

http://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/ocd
Good website all around, may be of use to someone :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
x

Sounds like you've had a very tough time, but it's great you're doing better now!
I think dealing with OCD has given me a lot of strength, and I think in a way you can take overcoming it as a huge positive to your coping skills :smile:
Reply 162
trich makes me so sad :frown: just pulled out more lashes. left eye is getting pretty sparse again. i hate that when they finally grow back, i slip into old habits and pull them out. and i bought myself a new mascara today, as an incentive not to pull and to make my lovely lashes look better. now im gonna have to fill the gaps with eyeliner/falsies again :frown:

bummed about new year too. mean to be going to a house party but dont want to stay over because they'd see me without makeup and therefore see my patchy eyebrows/lashes. they probably wouldnt even notice, but it makes me so self conscious. ugh feel so miserable.

has anyone got any nice plans for new year? wish i made more of an effort with it, i really hate the pressure of it all and how expensive everything is. but staying in alone isnt much fun either!
Reply 163
Original post by popple7

Original post by popple7
trich makes me so sad :frown: just pulled out more lashes. left eye is getting pretty sparse again. i hate that when they finally grow back, i slip into old habits and pull them out. and i bought myself a new mascara today, as an incentive not to pull and to make my lovely lashes look better. now im gonna have to fill the gaps with eyeliner/falsies again :frown:

bummed about new year too. mean to be going to a house party but dont want to stay over because they'd see me without makeup and therefore see my patchy eyebrows/lashes. they probably wouldnt even notice, but it makes me so self conscious. ugh feel so miserable.

has anyone got any nice plans for new year? wish i made more of an effort with it, i really hate the pressure of it all and how expensive everything is. but staying in alone isnt much fun either!

Awww :frown: I'm really sorry. It will take some time I guess, but at least you're improving :sadnod:

Ahh I know how you feel, OCD sometimes makes me avoid social interactions :frown: Was pretty miserable yesterday too :erm:

No nice plane for new year :frown: TRYING to get some work done but probably won't. Did you manage to figure something out?
Reply 164
Is this OCD? If someone has their bed so its facing away from the door, ie. so they'd be sleeping with their head closest the door I get so worked up and confused, no way would I be able to sleep in it but just seeing it their annoys me and I have to get them to turn it so their feet are closest to the door. Sleeping with your head near the door that's just not right?!
Reply 165
Okay, as already said I'm not sure whether this is genuine OCD or the result of my anxiety and possible eating disorder:

Spoiler

So yeah, I might have OCD? And oh crap I binged. Hoping this will be the last time I have to write down everything about me that I am not :frown:
Reply 166
Original post by ViceVersa
Awww :frown: I'm really sorry. It will take some time I guess, but at least you're improving :sadnod:

Ahh I know how you feel, OCD sometimes makes me avoid social interactions :frown: Was pretty miserable yesterday too :erm:

No nice plane for new year :frown: TRYING to get some work done but probably won't. Did you manage to figure something out?

aww shame about working on NYE, well done on your commitment though! even if i dont go out tonight, i wont be working :tongue:

thanks for the kind words btw. feel a little better today but still pretty fed up. was my last day at my part time job too so im sad to leave that too. what a horrid end to 2011!

still debating whether to go out or not. thinking i wont, but hate cancelling on friends! but i feel like im just going out for the sake of it and dont want to spend £20 on a taxi home.

happy new year everyone, whatever you all end up doing :smile:
Reply 167
Original post by popple7
aww shame about working on NYE, well done on your commitment though! even if i dont go out tonight, i wont be working :tongue:

thanks for the kind words btw. feel a little better today but still pretty fed up. was my last day at my part time job too so im sad to leave that too. what a horrid end to 2011!

still debating whether to go out or not. thinking i wont, but hate cancelling on friends! but i feel like im just going out for the sake of it and dont want to spend £20 on a taxi home.

happy new year everyone, whatever you all end up doing :smile:

Ha that's if I actually do any, but thanks :ninjagirl:

It's okay :h: and aww I'm sorry you have to leave :hugs:

Let me know if you decide to go out after all :hugs:
Reply 168
Original post by gpostleth
Is this OCD? If someone has their bed so its facing away from the door, ie. so they'd be sleeping with their head closest the door I get so worked up and confused, no way would I be able to sleep in it but just seeing it their annoys me and I have to get them to turn it so their feet are closest to the door. Sleeping with your head near the door that's just not right?!

I guess it depends how you usually feel when you do (relived) or try not too (itchy or bad dreams or feel like something bad will happen or anxious or worried or heavily obsessively thinking about it) to allow me to better give an opinion :redface:

Original post by DrFantastic
I'm not sure if I have OCD, I've never been to a doctor or anything about it but some things really infuriate me.

For example, my bed duvet has to be exactly perfectly placed. It has to be hanging off each side equally. I also hate it when I'm touching my hair and I have more hair on one side than the other :frown:

Nice thread btw :smile:

Read what I said to the above person :smile: and thanks :h:
I have mild OCD.

If I drink from a cold glass, both hands will have to touch it, to experience the same feeling. Also when I walk up stairs (and other places), I count how many steps I take.
When I look at my digital watch, I have to look away from it when the second turns to 00, which is annoying :angry:
Reply 170
Original post by Tom26070

I have mild OCD.

If I drink from a cold glass, both hands will have to touch it, to experience the same feeling. Also when I walk up stairs (and other places), I count how many steps I take.
When I look at my digital watch, I have to look away from it when the second turns to 00, which is annoying :angry:

I know how you feel with the wanting to touch something with both hands to experience the same feeling, I sometimes have to do that too :sadnod:

That must be annoying :hugs: hope it improves at least :erm:
Reply 171
Just wanted to quickly say HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! Hopefully 2012 will surprise us all (in a good way of course :tongue:) and remember you never have to be alone! :grouphugs:
Reply 172
Just wanted to quickly say HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! Hopefully 2012 will surprise us all (in a good way of course :tongue:) and remember you never have to be alone! :grouphugs:

Thanks, happy new year to you too, hope it's a good one for you :cute:
Reply 173
Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
Thanks, happy new year to you too, hope it's a good one for you :cute:

Reply 174
Ha that's if I actually do any, but thanks :ninjagirl:

It's okay :h: and aww I'm sorry you have to leave :hugs:

Let me know if you decide to go out after all :hugs:

did you get much done?? :smile: hope so! or that you had a nice evening in.

i had a GREAT time and went out to a house party! was really great, best new year ive had in ages :biggrin: seriously drunk though, trying so so hard not to make typos!

total 180 of how i was feeling yesterday. what a difference a day (/year! happy new year!!!) makes! and a bottle of wine, that definitely makes a big difference hahah

happy 2012 everyone!! :biggrin:

Happy new year! :hugs:
Reply 176
Original post by cpdavis
Happy new year! :hugs:

Thank you! :heart:

Original post by popple7
did you get much done?? :smile: hope so! or that you had a nice evening in.

i had a GREAT time and went out to a house party! was really great, best new year ive had in ages :biggrin: seriously drunk though, trying so so hard not to make typos!

total 180 of how i was feeling yesterday. what a difference a day (/year! happy new year!!!) makes! and a bottle of wine, that definitely makes a big difference hahah

happy 2012 everyone!! :biggrin:

Nope, story of my life :frown: had an okay evening though :redface:

It's great to hear you had fun, and got drunk a little :cool:
I know how you feel with the wanting to touch something with both hands to experience the same feeling, I sometimes have to do that too :sadnod:

That must be annoying :hugs: hope it improves at least :erm:

Aww, kind words, thank you :smile:

It is annoying, sometimes, I do it without realizing I'm doing it! Glad to know people understand it!! :hugs:
Reply 178

Aww, kind words, thank you :smile:

It is annoying, sometimes, I do it without realizing I'm doing it! Glad to know people understand it!! :hugs:

:hugs:
Reply 179
I've had CFS for a year or so now and it's really weird as the severity of my OCD seems to correlate with the CFS. If I'm having a bad CFS day then my OCD is much better whereas if I'm having a good CFS day my OCD is much worse. So weird!

Quick Reply

Latest