The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Muslims at the university of hull!

I'm starting university of hull soon but I've don't know anyone there! How many Muslims are there at the university? Also are there people that wer a headscarf there? I'm in two minds wether I should wear one or not I don't want to be the only one :/
Shouldn't this be in the unis section? If your going to wear headscarf to please people then it really won't mean much anyway.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by Roostar
I'm starting university of hull soon but I've don't know anyone there! How many Muslims are there at the university? Also are there people that wer a headscarf there? I'm in two minds wether I should wear one or not I don't want to be the only one :/

the Islamic societies website http://www.hullisoc.net/

says it has over 400 members so doubt you will be the only one rocking a hijab
As a Muslim, you should wear your headscarf whether you are in Australia, Hull, Pakistan, or anywhere you're in public.

Being around a majority white population should certainly not stop you or cause you to think otherwise. If anybody judges you, frankly they're a dick.

Stand for who you are, what you belong to, what you represent, and wear your hijaab.
i agree wear your hijab :smile:
Reply 5
im sorry but your going to decide to wear a scarf if others wear it....
honey dont follow the crowd be yourself
Reply 6
Hi im in hull uni now and there are cetainly a lot of female students who wear head scarf,so u wont stick out on campus or around student areas/centre if thats what u r worried about so u shouldnt have any worries.if u like the course you are coming for.then just do it and enjoy your studies :smile:
Salam Alekun, is there any muslim society in the university, I am new to Hull but not a student and I am a muslim. I am looking for where I can meet muslim brothers and sisters and where to participate in muslim gathering, going for lecture and do all halal stuffs. Please is there anybody who can help please. Jazkul Airan
Reply 8
As I can see all students here in Hull are separated by ethnic and religious background. In comparison with England Scotland doesn't have such strange division. Alba gu brath!
Reply 9
Original post by SimonAbass
Salam Alekun, is there any muslim society in the university, I am new to Hull but not a student and I am a muslim. I am looking for where I can meet muslim brothers and sisters and where to participate in muslim gathering, going for lecture and do all halal stuffs. Please is there anybody who can help please. Jazkul Airan

There is ISOC https://www.facebook.com/HullIsoc

Quick Reply

Latest