The Student Room Group

Should I transfer University back to my home town when its the first week?

Hello
I am an undergraduate student studying computer science at the University of Hull and it is my first week of lectures and would like to transfer back to my home town and join Leeds Becket University. I don't dislike it at Hull uni however I feel the accommodation fee loan is too much. The ranking for Hull and Leeds Becket are not to different but I'm still not sure if I should change.
Please someone help me ASAP
Original post by sonicextreem
Hello
I am an undergraduate student studying computer science at the University of Hull and it is my first week of lectures and would like to transfer back to my home town and join Leeds Becket University. I don't dislike it at Hull uni however I feel the accommodation fee loan is too much. The ranking for Hull and Leeds Becket are not to different but I'm still not sure if I should change.

Is your only motivation for the switch that you "feel the accommodation fee loan is too much"? Is that because your used to living rent free with your parents? Is that what you're planning on doing if your home town? How will the commute be? Would you be happy to live separate from all the other students? Does that apply to years 2 and 3 too?

If you want to do this. contact Leeds Becket and establish whether or not they have space on their Computer Science course, whether or not you meet the entry requirements, and whether or not they would accept you. If they wouldn't accept you, then the decision is made for you. Then talk to both your current uni and Leeds Becket about arranging the transfer.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Is your only motivation for the switch that you "feel the accommodation fee loan is too much"? Is that because your used to living rent free with your parents? Is that what you're planning on doing if your home town? How will the commute be? Would you be happy to live separate from all the other students? Does that apply to years 2 and 3 too?

If you want to do this. contact Leeds Becket and establish whether or not they have space on their Computer Science course, whether or not you meet the entry requirements, and whether or not they would accept you. If they wouldn't accept you, then the decision is made for you. Then talk to both your current uni and Leeds Becket about arranging the transfer.

Thanks for such a quick reply
My house is quite close to Leeds becket and I'm not really interested in university life. I just don't want to rack up to much loan
Original post by sonicextreem
Hello

The big issue is if you sign an accommodation contract you are liable for it whether you stay or leave.. You need to check what you will be liable for if you change university. Your contract should tell you that. You might not save anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending