The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Ive applied to Hull for History and Film! Looks quite a nice Uni! Got an unofficial offer about a week or so ago!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
i got an offer a while ago for coastal marine biology @ the scarborough campus - still not sure if i'm going to accept but it looks very interesting - nice course
I've received an unconditional offer for Drama. Hope to see some of you there!!
Reply 4
Hi ive been given a conditional for Sport and Excercise Science BCC my top choice!!
Reply 5
hey..ive recieved a conditional offer to study criminology with psychology..ive been to an open day 2day! anybody else go 2day? how did you find it? everythin you expected? i did like the university, wernt 2 sure on the city though! but it didnt seem 2 bad! il decide on how much i like it when ive visited my other choices :smile:
Reply 6
yay ive applied going on sat for open d ,,,,wooo looks like a cool place (American studies)
good luck everyone...:biggrin:
I've got an offer for Human Biology and am going along to the Open Day next Sunday.
Bit worried about Hull though, the uni has a really good rep at our college for being nice, but apparently the rest of Hull is a bit rough and not really safe!

Anyone got any opinions?
totally_unique
I've got an offer for Human Biology and am going along to the Open Day next Sunday.
Bit worried about Hull though, the uni has a really good rep at our college for being nice, but apparently the rest of Hull is a bit rough and not really safe!

Anyone got any opinions?

I am constatnly trying to defend my city but here goes....

Some of Hull is a complete shitdump, no arguments about that, but we dont have the crime like places such as nottingham and its nowhere near as dangerous. It is overrun by chavs and townies, this is true, but if you dont mix with them, the majority of people are nice and friendly. It is slowly slowly been revamped and made up into a nice place, its got most facilities you need. The UNI itself is nice and the surrounding Newland area is also nice too and convinient for students, near the city centre etc.
The moral is, if you're with the right people you will have a great time, if you fall in with the bad ones, you wont. I am guessing most people that arrive at uni are pretty levelled, normal people so I am sure you will be fine
Feel free to ask me anything else too :biggrin:
Jog.Ra.Fee.
Feel free to ask me anything else too :biggrin:

Was just wondering does any1 know what kind of stuff there is to do in an around? Oh and are the cinemas any good? Cos its lookin like its gonna be my forst choice at the mo and still not got round to visitin.
Plenty of stuff, there is an Odean and a UGC, but last year they knocked down the huge UCI. Me and my friends went their over Odean and UGC everytime so none of us can see why the bulldozed something that was more popular then the other two....

And if you cant find anything York and Leeds are an hour away, and if you like walking and stuff the moors and dales are pretty close too. lots of clubs that kinda thing
Listen to Omen Jog.Ra.Fee, for their knowledge of Hull is all-encompasing...

I agree with everything you say, although you missed out the fact that The Deep is good for a one-off visit, or for a day of comedy. Also, try to avoid Queens Park Gardens when the chavs are about. My friend was pushed into the pond last time we were there :mad:
The deep is hardly worth a mention for people for theior more than a few days, but good choice.

LMAO at Queens Gardens. In the summer it is really nice place, but when it gets dark avoid it as hard as you possibly can.
The Mudman
Listen to Omen Jog.Ra.Fee, for their knowledge of Hull is all-encompasing...
I agree with everything you say, although you missed out the fact that The Deep is good for a one-off visit, or for a day of comedy. Also, try to avoid Queens Park Gardens when the chavs are about. My friend was pushed into the pond last time we were there :mad:

Why dont you add some more stuff then....:rolleyes:
Jog.Ra.Fee.
Why dont you add some more stuff then....:rolleyes:

Whaddya mean? :confused:
I mean, just add some more stuff to CAROLINE's question if you think there is more
OK, there are also plenty of places to eat out. There's the Ice-Skating arena. There's a couple of theatres. Football stadium. Um...
I bought an annual pass for the Deep in my first year at Hull Uni and it was great! Really relaxing place to go and watch the animals. You see something new their every time. I ended up working their the summer before last too. It's definately worth several visits. The annual pass is very reasonable.
p.s. You should see my comments on the other Hull Uni threads re the Uni and City!

Latest