The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
hi.....i applied to hull through clearing because i didnt do to well in my a levels
I got a space on the biomedical Sciences course....anyone else doing the same?

plus where are people staying? i want to stay in student houses but im scared im going to be put with a bunch of scary people so i considered the taylor court places. those two only seem to be the best two they offer because the other are quite far and catered which i dont want to have.

plus...since im chinese myself...is there many chinese people in the uni and hull it self and is there a china town or chinese supermarkets?

michael:smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
mickel1288
hi.....i applied to hull through clearing because i didnt do to well in my a levels
I got a space on the biomedical Sciences course....anyone else doing the same?

plus where are people staying? i want to stay in student houses but im scared im going to be put with a bunch of scary people so i considered the taylor court places. those two only seem to be the best two they offer because the other are quite far and catered which i dont want to have.

plus...since im chinese myself...is there many chinese people in the uni and hull it self and is there a china town or chinese supermarkets?

michael:smile:

hey there...don't you worry about it, there'll be plenty of Chinese around haha..I'm one myself and Hull had a pre-departure briefing in Malaysia this month, so rest assured that there will be quite a number of Chinese among the students :smile:
hiya, im malaysian, but have been studyin in the uk since gcse's

im going to hull to do business and financial management (i fell in love with the place when i visited it, was planning to stay 2 days but ended up staying a week!!0

i've been assigned a house on cottingham road!

PM me with your msn address and we can get to know each other!
Reply 43
WAHEYY!! Business All The Way!!
hull is ace! Welcome to Hull if you arent from here!
cara_gleeson
hull is ace! Welcome to Hull if you arent from here!

hi!
this may seem like a daft question, but are there any halal kebab shops in hull? you see, its cos im muslim, and i have a fetish for kebabs lolz
Reply 46
rotherhamlad
hi!
this may seem like a daft question, but are there any halal kebab shops in hull? you see, its cos im muslim, and i have a fetish for kebabs lolz

Im not sure about the specifics (Don't know what 'halal' means) but I love a good bab too and there will certainly be a good number of standard kebab shops.
hi, im malaysian, even though im not muslim im living in a predominantly muslim country, and i can tell you there are a lot of halal shops in hull, i cant remember the exact address (park ave or princess ave or something like that i think...) but i can bring you there if you want, its the second best kebab shop i've ever tried in the UK lol! And i've tried a LOT of kebab shops lol. The best one was in norwich
Hey ther, does anyone have any idea when we get our loans through?i have been told it is the day you start your course, i am not sure however!
Reply 49
Rumours told me that if you finish applying for your loan too late (as in 2 weeks ago for me) you arent guaranteed to get anything until a few weeks or months into the first term..

Any truth in that? :s
I've applied for Criminology with psychology - starting Sept 25th.
Haven't heard about accommodation yet though!

Anybody know anything about swimming pools in Hull that are near enough to get to?
spookystarbuck
I've applied for Criminology with psychology - starting Sept 25th.
Haven't heard about accommodation yet though!

Anybody know anything about swimming pools in Hull that are near enough to get to?

I have already answered you this question....
Hurricane_Herd
I have already answered you this question....

Yeh, I recall you saying something about Ennerdale Leisure Centre. I found that the other day when I went to look aound Hull but on the net it says there are;

Albert Avenue Pools
Beverley Road Baths
East Hull Pools
Ennerdale Leisure Centre
Woodford Leisure Centre

Not coming from Hull I don't know where they are, how close the are etc and as I work as a lifeguard and am not taking a car (and know little about the buses in Hull) I was just hoping for a little extra help.

And I don't know if you meant to sound snappy with me but it came across that way, you may be an "adored and respected" member but it doesn't give you the right to be rude.
spookystarbuck
Yeh, I recall you saying something about Ennerdale Leisure Centre. I found that the other day when I went to look aound Hull but on the net it says there are;

Albert Avenue Pools
Beverley Road Baths
East Hull Pools
Ennerdale Leisure Centre
Woodford Leisure Centre

Not coming from Hull I don't know where they are, how close the are etc and as I work as a lifeguard and am not taking a car (and know little about the buses in Hull) I was just hoping for a little extra help.

And I don't know if you meant to sound snappy with me but it came across that way, you may be an "adored and respected" member but it doesn't give you the right to be rude.

no i did not mean to sound snappy at all, i was just suprised to see the question raised again. :smile:
Oh right, that's okay then :tongue:
Sorry, I don't have a temper...honest. *halo*
Reply 55

hey im tom
im starting Drama at Hull on the 25th and im very exited and im moving into a studentn house on cottingham road next weekend.
i was hoping someone could tell me some good stuff about the uni, life, area and the course becasue the only person i know from hull would only tell me thats theres loadsa brothels and it has the highest percentage of teenage pregnancys to any other city.
im so exited about coming to Hull.
Tom
Reply 56
teletom

hey im tom
im starting Drama at Hull on the 25th and im very exited and im moving into a studentn house on cottingham road next weekend.
i was hoping someone could tell me some good stuff about the uni, life, area and the course becasue the only person i know from hull would only tell me thats theres loadsa brothels and it has the highest percentage of teenage pregnancys to any other city.
im so exited about coming to Hull.
Tom

Didn't know we had Brothels in England. I can believe the pregnancy thing, the more scummy people you have around the more 15yo mothers theres going to be, and from what I have heard there are some bad areas in Hull.
woohoo! im on cottingham road too! PM me your msn address! for all we know we're housemates lol...
Where in the hell are the people living on Cranbrook Ave? Surely I'm not the only one living on that street... =(
Reply 59
Markles
Didn't know we had Brothels in England. I can believe the pregnancy thing, the more scummy people you have around the more 15yo mothers theres going to be, and from what I have heard there are some bad areas in Hull.

lol well...i live in wallasey which is right next to liverpool.....ur preaching the choir on dodgy areas and dodgy people lol
i fink Hull may be an improvement from the "capital of culture."

Latest