The Student Room Group

AQA Environmental Studies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ellie_May :)
lol i cant remember, but i did difference divided by the original times 100. No idea what i got but it looked right :smile:
lol yeah science subjects like to confuse us by asking things that arent fully explained in the text books :L
My worst question was the first one about Earth's temperatures - nothing about that in the text book!

Haha oh right :P well I cant even remember what I got...
Yeah that one was horrible! I was sitting there for ages wondering what the hell to write so i put CO2 for both! haha.

I hated the one about water distribution in LEDCs.. Noo idea what it was asking for there!
Original post by lilyyyy
Haha oh right :P well I cant even remember what I got...
Yeah that one was horrible! I was sitting there for ages wondering what the hell to write so i put CO2 for both! haha.

I hated the one about water distribution in LEDCs.. Noo idea what it was asking for there!

Yeah same! Although that one wasnt too bad for me as it kind of related to my Geography subject, comparing LEDC's and MEDC's.
Reply 22
Yikes that sounds tough you guys, but I haven't looked at that stuff since forever!

Anyone sitting unit 3/4 on Wednesday and Friday? I'm quite unprepared but will be cramming the next few days.

Best of luck to everyone
Reply 23
Original post by Roxas
Yikes that sounds tough you guys, but I haven't looked at that stuff since forever!

Anyone sitting unit 3/4 on Wednesday and Friday? I'm quite unprepared but will be cramming the next few days.

Best of luck to everyone

Haha! Nah I'm doing AS sorry :frown: good luck with the exam! :smile:
Reply 24
Yeah same! Although that one wasnt too bad for me as it kind of related to my Geography subject, comparing LEDC's and MEDC's.

Oh god, this is bad... I did geography too! Hahah :tongue: what kind of stuff did you write? I said about like unclean drinking water --> disease --> less of a workforce. Less water for agriculture --> less income --> less money into the economy. So both = the country can't develop properly? I have no idea what I was meant to put :smile: haha
Original post by lilyyyy
Oh god, this is bad... I did geography too! Hahah :tongue: what kind of stuff did you write? I said about like unclean drinking water --> disease --> less of a workforce. Less water for agriculture --> less income --> less money into the economy. So both = the country can't develop properly? I have no idea what I was meant to put :smile: haha

Awesome! :smile: That is basically exactly the same as i put down! Lack of clean drinking water due to them being less able to afford things such as water tanks, leading to outbreaks of water borne diseases such as cholera, so more people die. Also, less water for agriculture such as irrigation, so crops and livestock die, leading to food and water shortages, so there is less income and farmers lose their jobs. Didnt say much about medc's, just blabbed a little about water requirements for industry lol, cant remember much else!

How did your Geography exam go last week? I thought it went really well for me! I did rivers, coasts, energy and population. Just have to get paper 2 out of the way on Wednesday!
Reply 26
Awesome! :smile: That is basically exactly the same as i put down! Lack of clean drinking water due to them being less able to afford things such as water tanks, leading to outbreaks of water borne diseases such as cholera, so more people die. Also, less water for agriculture such as irrigation, so crops and livestock die, leading to food and water shortages, so there is less income and farmers lose their jobs. Didnt say much about medc's, just blabbed a little about water requirements for industry lol, cant remember much else!

How did your Geography exam go last week? I thought it went really well for me! I did rivers, coasts, energy and population. Just have to get paper 2 out of the way on Wednesday!

Ah thats a relief then! :smile: haha. Yeah I put in cholera too cause apparently giving examples gets you marks, I hope thats the case this time!

I actually loved it! Haha, there was like 3 questions I was a bit .. not sure on but I think it went well yeah :smile: I did rivers coasts population and food supply issues!

What did you write about for the incised meanders question, entrenched or ingrown? :P everyone seems to have put different things!
Reply 27
And yeah, paper 2... bleugh! Trying to revise for that now :P haha.
Original post by lilyyyy
Ah thats a relief then! :smile: haha. Yeah I put in cholera too cause apparently giving examples gets you marks, I hope thats the case this time!

I actually loved it! Haha, there was like 3 questions I was a bit .. not sure on but I think it went well yeah :smile: I did rivers coasts population and food supply issues!

What did you write about for the incised meanders question, entrenched or ingrown? :P everyone seems to have put different things!

haha yeah ive been on the thread for it and there is such a long argument going on lol! I think i wrote ingrown, but i may have misread the question a little and repeated how it was an incised meander, but i said it was asymmetrical (it was a guess as the diagram confused me!)

And yeah paper 2 is so boring, standard deviation, spearmans rank, interquartile range etc. Fieldwork part is a little better, more blaggable!
Where did u go for your fieldwork? I went to Shrewsbury and our aim was to investigate changes in downstream channel characteristics.
Reply 29
haha yeah ive been on the thread for it and there is such a long argument going on lol! I think i wrote ingrown, but i may have misread the question a little and repeated how it was an incised meander, but i said it was asymmetrical (it was a guess as the diagram confused me!)

And yeah paper 2 is so boring, standard deviation, spearmans rank, interquartile range etc. Fieldwork part is a little better, more blaggable!
Where did u go for your fieldwork? I went to Shrewsbury and our aim was to investigate changes in downstream channel characteristics.

Haha yeah i know I just gave up trying to read it all :P ah thats cool, yeah I swear the diagram didnt fit with the gradient map thing... that confused me too!

Yeah I know bleugh! I hope we don't have to work out spearmans rank! Yeah haha definitely :smile:

I went to the river darkwater in calshott in the new forest :P yeahhh thats what we did too! :smile: sounds better than stuff to do with sand dunes like other people did!
Original post by lilyyyy
Haha yeah i know I just gave up trying to read it all :P ah thats cool, yeah I swear the diagram didnt fit with the gradient map thing... that confused me too!

Yeah I know bleugh! I hope we don't have to work out spearmans rank! Yeah haha definitely :smile:

I went to the river darkwater in calshott in the new forest :P yeahhh thats what we did too! :smile: sounds better than stuff to do with sand dunes like other people did!

haha yeah me too! :smile:
Although sand dunes would be cool as it means we could hang out on the beach!
Anyway, looking forward to getting this paper 2 out of the way, then we can relax and wait for results day! It's amazing how quickly the school year has gone - scared about year 13 though.
Do you know what u will do after year 13? I've been thinking about studying environmental geography at York university as it fits in with environmental studies and geography really well!
Reply 31
haha yeah me too! :smile:
Although sand dunes would be cool as it means we could hang out on the beach!
Anyway, looking forward to getting this paper 2 out of the way, then we can relax and wait for results day! It's amazing how quickly the school year has gone - scared about year 13 though.
Do you know what u will do after year 13? I've been thinking about studying environmental geography at York university as it fits in with environmental studies and geography really well!

Aha oh yeah good point! I need to go to the beach when exams are over haha!
Definitely, I'm gonna be bricking it for results day if I'm honest, biology and environmental.. I dont think they went too good haha.
I'm not sure really, I wanna do Zoology somewhere, possibly southampton, bangor or in glamorgan cos you get to go to south africa in the first year :O haha.
Ah yeah that sounds cool :smile: my friend wants to do that exact course!
Original post by lilyyyy
Aha oh yeah good point! I need to go to the beach when exams are over haha!
Definitely, I'm gonna be bricking it for results day if I'm honest, biology and environmental.. I dont think they went too good haha.
I'm not sure really, I wanna do Zoology somewhere, possibly southampton, bangor or in glamorgan cos you get to go to south africa in the first year :O haha.
Ah yeah that sounds cool :smile: my friend wants to do that exact course!

I think you will have done well :smile:
Wow! My cousin went to south Africa for her course at chester uni a few years back. Cant remember which course but it was to do with animals. She was there for 6 months, had a great time - went on a safari with the guy that presented big cats. And she got stung by a scorpion! Thankfully it was one with a small sting!
Ah wow! You guys seem so cool - wish we could meet up! :smile:
Reply 33
I think you will have done well :smile:
Wow! My cousin went to south Africa for her course at chester uni a few years back. Cant remember which course but it was to do with animals. She was there for 6 months, had a great time - went on a safari with the guy that presented big cats. And she got stung by a scorpion! Thankfully it was one with a small sting!
Ah wow! You guys seem so cool - wish we could meet up! :smile:

Haha I hope so :smile:
Ah thats so cool! I'd love to go, seeing as I love wildlife photography too it'd be awesome! :smile: Oh jeez... ouch!! That's a relief but still, ouch!
Aha yeah that'd be cool :smile: but seeing as you went to shrewsbury.. Im guessing you live miles away from surrey xD
Original post by lilyyyy
Haha I hope so :smile:
Ah thats so cool! I'd love to go, seeing as I love wildlife photography too it'd be awesome! :smile: Oh jeez... ouch!! That's a relief but still, ouch!
Aha yeah that'd be cool :smile: but seeing as you went to shrewsbury.. Im guessing you live miles away from surrey xD

lol yeah! :smile:
Not too far away - im in Swindon :smile:
my cousin now lives in buckinghamshire though :smile:
Reply 36
lol yeah! :smile:
Not too far away - im in Swindon :smile:

Ahah oh right cool :smile: not going to lie I had to type that in on google maps xD haha, only like 2 hour drive away!
do u have fb? Mine is https://www.facebook.com/#!/eleanor.dodson.5 add me if u want but dont feel as though u have to :smile:
Original post by lilyyyy
Ahah oh right cool :smile: not going to lie I had to type that in on google maps xD haha, only like 2 hour drive away!

haha nice one! (i did that for surrey too!)
Reply 39
haha nice one! (i did that for surrey too!)

Ahaha xD
Added ya!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending