The Student Room Group

ALevels: Marine Biology/Biology/Env Science

Has anyone studied Marine Science A-Level? How does it compare workload and difficulty wise to Biology and Environmental Science? Which Biology exam board?

I am a mature student, I already have A-Levels but need two sciences including Biology at grades A and B. Looking to complete a Marine Biology degree so both these are acceptable as second sciences as long as I have Biology A-Level.

It looks like only AQA do Environmental Science and only Cambridge International do Marine Science. Considering AQA and EdExcel Biology syllabus A.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by nata1ie
Has anyone studied Marine Science A-Level? How does it compare workload and difficulty wise to Biology and Environmental Science? Which Biology exam board?

I am a mature student, I already have A-Levels but need two sciences including Biology at grades A and B. Looking to complete a Marine Biology degree so both these are acceptable as second sciences as long as I have Biology A-Level.

It looks like only AQA do Environmental Science and only Cambridge International do Marine Science. Considering AQA and EdExcel Biology syllabus A.

Thanks

honestly, save yourself from environmental science; there are no resources online, and although the text book has 'everything' in it, its just overall too large and complicated. If you do really want to do environmental science, be prepared to rewrite the whole textbook in your own notes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending