The Student Room Group

AQA Environmental Studies

Hey just wondering if anyone did the AQA Environmental Studies Unit 1 paper today and how they found it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i did... i thought it was quite hard (maybe because i taught myself it)
how did u find it?
Reply 2
Hello, I did unit 1 today too.
I found the paper ok, however I feel as though I should have included more key terms.
I have self taught the subject too, but found most of paper 1 to be common sense.
Hope I didn't drop too many marks :frown:
Hey i'm so glad i've found someone elso who has taken it too!
I thought it went ok - i also learnt most of it myself :/
Hated the question about landscape enhancement as i couldn't remember a thing! i blabbed on about biological corridors and that lol :P
And the wolverine questions - i didnt even know that animal existed! :L
Could have definately gone better - i spent weeks understanding the simpsons diversity index and lincoln index and leopold matrix and succession etc - like no questions on any of them came up!
Reply 4
aha sameeeeeeee happened to me and was also surprised to see there was nothing on Tropical Rainforests, Coral Reefs and Antartica
Reply 5
Anyone else taking envs2 tomorrow?

Imagine an unprepared person, who is unprepared even for himself! That's basically me right now. Eep.
Just thought i would wish you all luck for the results in March :smile:x
Reply 7
Yes Ellie, hope everyone gets the results they need and want as well :smile:
Hey :smile:
How did everyone do?

I got an A! 72 marks :smile:
Reply 9
I got 58 B - Much better than expected so im pleased :smile:
Reply 10
Are we talking UMS or raw marks? I think I got like 105 UMS, an A too!

Well done everyone!!
Reply 11
Has anyone just done ENVS2 today? :smile: (and are we allowed to talk about it yet..?)
Reply 12
Original post by lilyyyy
Has anyone just done ENVS2 today? :smile: (and are we allowed to talk about it yet..?)

I did! I found it awful! How did you find it?
Reply 13
Original post by emerlee123
I did! I found it awful! How did you find it?

Eughh yeah me too, it was so much worse than all the past papers I've done!!

I even got stuck on the questions about the Earth and Mars, I couldn't really see anything in the table to suggest why, other than CO2... which I put for the first one, haha!

What grade you hoping for? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by lilyyyy
Eughh yeah me too, it was so much worse than all the past papers I've done!!

I even got stuck on the questions about the Earth and Mars, I couldn't really see anything in the table to suggest why, other than CO2... which I put for the first one, haha!

What grade you hoping for? :smile:

I thought that! I didn;t like how some of the questions were phrased either! I didn;t really understand the last 10 mark question either! what did you put for that?

Well i'm hoping for a C so anything above that is a bonus! what about you?
Omg i thought that earth and mars question was rediculous but i put it down to CO2 as well!

The 10 marker, i wrote about advantages and disadvantages of using rivers, aquifers, reservoirs and seawater to abstract for public usage, just hope i wrote the right things!

I was dissapointed there wasn't much to do with global warming, the negative feedback mechanism question confused me though because it wanted to relate to co2 levels - all i could think of at the time was increased cloud cover.
Reply 16
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Omg i thought that earth and mars question was rediculous but i put it down to CO2 as well!

The 10 marker, i wrote about advantages and disadvantages of using rivers, aquifers, reservoirs and seawater to abstract for public usage, just hope i wrote the right things!

I was dissapointed there wasn't much to do with global warming, the negative feedback mechanism question confused me though because it wanted to relate to co2 levels - all i could think of at the time was increased cloud cover.

Yeah! I did that too dw :smile: I didnt like the way it was worded though!

Im hoping for an A! ugh I dont know if theres any chance of that now though, haha!

Yeah I know... I just explained what negative feedback was and talked about CO2 and plants!

Did you get the question about ploughing affecting the Carbon cycle? I have no idea!
Original post by lilyyyy
Yeah! I did that too dw :smile: I didnt like the way it was worded though!

Im hoping for an A! ugh I dont know if theres any chance of that now though, haha!

Yeah I know... I just explained what negative feedback was and talked about CO2 and plants!

Did you get the question about ploughing affecting the Carbon cycle? I have no idea!

Yeah i want an A too!

That question was a little confusing - i think i put it down to soil disturbance by ploughing, which somehow affected the rate of decomposition.

I almost forgot how to work out the percentages of soils! I think i did it right but im not sure! Bloomin maths questions haha :P
Reply 18
Original post by Ellie_May :)
Yeah i want an A too!

That question was a little confusing - i think i put it down to soil disturbance by ploughing, which somehow affected the rate of decomposition.

I almost forgot how to work out the percentages of soils! I think i did it right but im not sure! Bloomin maths questions haha :P

Yeah! Oh god.. yeah that sounds right haha! Damn I never remember anything about decomposition...

I didnt like that question! I was there for ages just like..how the hell do I work this out! Haha xD Did you do the 80cm3 as 100%? :P
lol i cant remember, but i did difference divided by the original times 100. No idea what i got but it looked right :smile:
lol yeah science subjects like to confuse us by asking things that arent fully explained in the text books :L
My worst question was the first one about Earth's temperatures - nothing about that in the text book!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending