The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 2 18th January

Scroll to see replies

Which circularory?
Reply 381
what did everyone get for the calculation of the real length of the chloroplast??
Reply 382
Hi guys,

just took it,

umm, i found some bits ok, others... tricky, not so much hard,
but ones where i read the question wrong.

what stage was it? btw anaphase right?

for the 6 marker, what do u guys think the 6 marks will be for?

and what the hell was the cohesion tension theory and root pressure ones about, i literally nearly died lol!
Was it anaphase???
I didnt see no spindle fibres!
Reply 385
Original post by stealth_writer
Was it anaphase???

Original post by GDowsett1
Hi guys,

just took it,

umm, i found some bits ok, others... tricky, not so much hard,
but ones where i read the question wrong.

what stage was it? btw anaphase right?

for the 6 marker, what do u guys think the 6 marks will be for?

and what the hell was the cohesion tension theory and root pressure ones about, i literally nearly died lol!

I got anaphase. As it was on opposite ends of the cell. The spindle fibres may have contracted by then.
Reply 386
Interphase
Prophase
Metaphase
Anaphase
Telophase

well, it had to be anaphase because there were 2 sides of chromotids, oppisite eachother no? :s-smilie:
what else could it be lol, they were not chromosomes, so can't be metaphase, they not visible in interphase, telophase.... nuclear envelope reforms.... so ...
Reply 387
circulatory being in the haem question- it'd probably be worth a mark or so because it was relating to the transport of oxygen which was asked...but every mark counts! And yep it was anaphase because they were being shifted to opposite poles and the nuclear membrane hadn't yet reformed.
Reply 388
Wasn't it telophase because in the next part it said when. The cell divides into 2 cells
Reply 389
Original post by Bazdhal
Wasn't it telophase because in the next part it said when. The cell divides into 2 cells

telophase is when it divides into two. I think they would have at least drawn the nuclear envelope if it was telophase and it would show the cytoplasm splitting.
I didnt see no spindle effin fibres
Reply 391
I can't seem to rememeber the next part but the next part was the next part and not information for the question above surely?
Reply 392
Original post by stealth_writer
I didnt see no spindle effin fibres

They weren't visible but you've just got to assume that they're there...
What did people put for tge golf
Reply 394
omg the golf one i totally messed up but i know the answers!!!

it was something like before the grass was of 1 type..... so less biodiversity and thus, a lower index of species value...

but it was made into 3 different areas, with different conditions, so other species colonise or evolve so, the biodiversity and species index increases... if i remember the question right...

fml!

i was so rushed for time, if i had more... if only..
I thought there were some odd question, I always hate it when they ask you to suggest reasons. I'm generally quite happy, the one where I had like no clue was the 3 mark root pressure. But I'm pretty confident that I got full marks for the 6 mark question on loading, transport and unloading. I would like to think I got at least a B...
ugh it was an okay paper but some things were so tricky, and i know I lost loads of marks :colonhash:

what do you think grade boundaries will be? 60 for an A?
Original post by Besakt
That's the one it was 209.1 then rounded it to 209. :redface:

I don't think you can round down when dealing with people, would't you have to round up?
Original post by Bio123
what did everyone get for the calculation of the real length of the chloroplast??

This worried me because I got 2301 micrometers....
I did 77 mm so 77x10^-3 x 30,000
Reply 399
The species diversity for the golf one was hard!! I kind of suggested it was due to there being a larger variety of food sources and increased numbers of niches/habitats, such as in the long grass and shrubs...

Defiantly thought it was a harder paper though, interesting to see what the grade boundaries are like. Fingers crossed guys we've done alright, nothing we can do now, ROLL on unit 4!!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending