The Student Room Group

AQA AS Business Studies Unit2 - 19th January 2012

So who has this exam on Thursday? :smile:

How's revision going? How are you feeling for the exam? Any ideas on what might come up?

Discuss! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unprepared :frown: im gna struggle!!!!!
I'm re-taking and I know longer even do the subject, i think i am so screwed :frown:
I need one more UMS than last year to get the grade I want! Not gonna do this! Lol
Original post by Sophie1805
I need one more UMS than last year to get the grade I want! Not gonna do this! Lol

How prepared are you for the exam? :smile:
Reply 5
I have it too :frown: Not looking forward to it, but hopefully will get a C. Going from a fail. Actual U would be amazing, but I did it last time. Soooo hopefully!!
Reply 6
I got a U last year on this paper so i'm hoping to dramatically improve. Good luck everybody!!! x
Original post by TB.93
I got a U last year on this paper so i'm hoping to dramatically improve. Good luck everybody!!! x

Are you feeling confident? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Are you feeling confident? :smile:

emm sort of. I think I know all the content really well its just going to be applying it to the case study. I'm seriously dreading the high mark essays. Wbu? You revised for it?
Reply 9
i'll start up a revision discussion.
Someone give me the ways you measure the effectiveness of the workdforce.
Original post by TB.93
emm sort of. I think I know all the content really well its just going to be applying it to the case study. I'm seriously dreading the high mark essays. Wbu? You revised for it?

Trying to plough through the entire syllabus tonight :tongue:

I'm super worried lololol :erm: :cry2:
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Trying to plough through the entire syllabus tonight :tongue:

I'm super worried lololol :erm: :cry2:

LOL! Get some sleep and DONT DO THAT! Goodluck for Exam, any tips or advice anyone, what might come up?
I'm so glad the case study doesn't seem to lend itself towards methods and theories of motivation, that would have been a killer question.
Please please don't let them throw that at it as a curve ball tomorrow!
Original post by helpmekid
LOL! Get some sleep and DONT DO THAT! Goodluck for Exam, any tips or advice anyone, what might come up?

That means my answers will be content...less lol :tongue:

I've been working since early afternoon. I think I'll have a sketchy overview of all the topics by the end of the evening :smile:

Still worried haha:rolleyes:
Reply 14
Original post by YeahitsSiobhan
I'm so glad the case study doesn't seem to lend itself towards methods and theories of motivation, that would have been a killer question.
Please please don't let them throw that at it as a curve ball tomorrow!

they don't usually ask about theorists, they are just there so you can backup your points.
With motivation it's usually just financial methods (profit sharing, piece rate, etc) and non-financial methods (job enrichment, job rotation, empowerment, team working)
Original post by SBradford
they don't usually ask about theorists, they are just there so you can backup your points.
With motivation it's usually just financial methods (profit sharing, piece rate, etc) and non-financial methods (job enrichment, job rotation, empowerment, team working)

Oh yeah I suppose that's true, I'll read of over the methods later on today.

Only hit me earlier that I am going to need to know all the things that could come up in section 1 too, spent way too much time on the case study. Ooops!
Reply 16
Original post by YeahitsSiobhan
Oh yeah I suppose that's true, I'll read of over the methods later on today.

Only hit me earlier that I am going to need to know all the things that could come up in section 1 too, spent way too much time on the case study. Ooops!

what do you mean spent too much time on the case study?
I think that's where I went wrong last time?
Just got an A on a mock, and forgot to conclude one question... Bring on the resit! :biggrin:
I'm reallly stuggling with the marketing mix! I understand the P's, it's just how to write about them and link to the case study in a question that I can't do. Any help?!
Reply 19
Resitting as well. Remember to relate absolutely EVERYTHING to the case study. Technology hasn't come up in a while, nor has the difference between cash flow and profit. I'm thinking variances might be the calculation equivalent or hopefully labour productivity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending