The Student Room Group

AQA chemistry Unit 2 Thursday 26th January

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hotdog
haha yeh I did and it was soo easy compared to june :biggrin:

What did you write for the question :how does Plants that make coal change the earth's atmosphere?(3 marks)
Reply 141
what did everyone say about the graphene question and why it was strong
that was soooooo much better than biology :smile::smile:
Reply 143
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
What did you write for the question :how does Plants that make coal change the earth's atmosphere?(3 marks)

I was sooo confused on that question but then in the end I just wrote the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere decreased because it was locked up in the coal What did you write? and what did you put for the question where it was like what other two factors should the company think about??
Original post by Hotdog
did everyone get fe2o3 for the emperical forumla question?? and what did you guys put for the first question?? I wrote technology wasnt as advanced :/

yeah i got the same answer as you for the first question and the empirical formula question but my chemistry teacher says its 2feo3? :confused: i doubt she's right because she is a s*** teacher and i had to teach myself chemistry
Reply 145
Original post by nyami001.303
that was soooooo much better than biology :smile::smile:

tell me about it :biggrin: I was soo soo happy while doing the paper, ahahahha lets just hope physics is easy as well! *fingers crossed* btw what did you put for the last question when it asked about the touch screen and carbon layers??
Reply 146
yeah i got the same answer as you for the first question and the empirical formula question but my chemistry teacher says its 2feo3? :confused: i doubt she's right because she is a s*** teacher and i had to teach myself chemistry

looooooooooool hahaha I think that's wrong cos everyone I asked said they put fe2o3. and looool I had to teach myself the whole of biology cos our teacher just sits there and reads out these ****ty aqa powerpoints and sometimes she's like "guys I expect you to go through these pages and learn them yourselves cos your independant learners now" and we're all like WTF? theres a reason why we come to school you know :angry:
Original post by Hotdog
tell me about it :biggrin: I was soo soo happy while doing the paper, ahahahha lets just hope physics is easy as well! *fingers crossed* btw what did you put for the last question when it asked about the touch screen and carbon layers??

at the begin of the question it said something about the layers being one atom thick so it would be see through so i put that if the layers had more than one atom it wouldn't be see through and you can't have a touch screen that isn't see through
Original post by Hotdog
I was sooo confused on that question but then in the end I just wrote the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere decreased because it was locked up in the coal What did you write? and what did you put for the question where it was like what other two factors should the company think about??

Yah i put the same as you. But it was 3 marks so i think we had to make 3 points. So what i wrote was that plants doing photosynthesis would decrease the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and the ocean absorb carbon dioxide again decreasing it. But im not sure that it was right,

For the company question, i put anomaly and the fact that the company should measure the time it takes for the concrete to break(something along those lines). Not sure if that right though.
Reply 149
Original post by sandeater

I said the atoms in graphite are arranged in a giant structure and are bonded with strong covalent bonds so a huge amount of energy is needed to break these bonds
Reply 150
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Yah i put the same as you. But it was 3 marks so i think we had to make 3 points. So what i wrote was that plants doing photosynthesis would decrease the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and the ocean absorb carbon dioxide again decreasing it. But im not sure that it was right,

For the company question, i put anomaly and the fact that the company should measure the time it takes for the concrete to break(something along those lines). Not sure if that right though.

Yeh that's why I was so confused cos it was three marks and I couldnt think of the third point so in the end I just added a whole bunch of craps to fill the lines up :cool: hahaha and for the company question I put the costs of making the mixture and I couldnt think of something else so I just wrote the effect of the amount of sand added :/
Reply 151
at the begin of the question it said something about the layers being one atom thick so it would be see through so i put that if the layers had more than one atom it wouldn't be see through and you can't have a touch screen that isn't see through

omg I couldnt think of anything so I just wrote it would be difficult for the layers to slide over one another so the touch screen wouldnt be as sensitive :redface:
Original post by Hotdog
looooooooooool hahaha I think that's wrong cos everyone I asked said they put fe2o3. and looool I had to teach myself the whole of biology cos our teacher just sits there and reads out these ****ty aqa powerpoints and sometimes she's like "guys I expect you to go through these pages and learn them yourselves cos your independant learners now" and we're all like WTF?

your biology teacher sounds amazing (being sarcastic) but on the plus side if your doing science for a level (which i am) then you need to be independant learners anyway

Original post by Hotdog
theres a reason why we come to school you know

yh i know - i hate the fact that crap teachers still get payed and get the credit for the grade i worked for :angry:
Original post by Hotdog
Yeh that's why I was so confused cos it was three marks and I couldnt think of the third point so in the end I just added a whole bunch of craps to fill the lines up :cool: hahaha and for the company question I put the costs of making the mixture and I couldnt think of something else so I just wrote the effect of the amount of sand added :/

:/ yeah i pretty much screwed that up as-well.

What are the environmental advantages of recycling concrete compared to wood? (4 marks)

* Less air pollution/dust pollution from the formation of concrete?

* More of the habitat preserved when recycling concrete.?

* recycling Concrete would lead to smaller amount of landfills.?

* Wood is biodegradable, so there would not be a loss of habitat?

What did you put for the question of how a continental drift takes place?
I did know what to put for the 4th mark
Reply 154
Awesome test!! :biggrin:

loved that.. only thing I got wrong was the empirical formula... i forgot to times the answers by 2, but I think I get 2-3 marks for the working out - i did everything except times the answer by 2!
Reply 155
Original post by sandeater

Macromolecular-1
strong-2
covalent bonds-3
Reply 156
not sure if macromolecular is right coz there was only one layer
I really 'enjoyed' this paper. :frown:

The questions were all relatively straightforward and my favourite was the one about properties of metals and the graphene one.

ALSO, I had no clue what an empirical was so just tried to put down as much calculation as possible. :frown:
Reply 158
For the metals question I was just annoyed that they said to describe the structure of metals. It was too brief so I just talked about the stron electrostatic metallic bonds between the electrons and positive ions.
It would have been much better if they said and were more specific:
"Explain why metals have a high boiling and melting point"

By the way, can someone upload the mark scheme please?
Reply 159
Remember the question that just asked the type of bonding in something. A joke really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending