The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If someone has access to these I'd be grateful:
Scheufele, D.A., Shah, D.V. (2000) “Personality strength and social capital: the role of dispositional and informational variables in the production of civic participation” Communication Research Vol. 27, pp. 107-131
White, C. S (1997) “Citizen participation and the Internet: Prospects for civic deliberation in the Information Age” Social Studies Vol. 88, No. 1, pp. 23-28

Original post by Cirsium
It's a book chapter published online so you can search by the DOI. It's here http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9780470958636.ch3/summary but I can't get past the pay wall :sad:

Original post by *Corinna*
it's actually a book chapter, the book is called: Barley : production, improvement, and uses by that Ullrich guy but I can't access it online.

Ah... I've never intentionally searched for e-books.
Original post by Cirsium
It's a book chapter published online so you can search by the DOI. It's here http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9780470958636.ch3/summary but I can't get past the pay wall :sad:

Ncl apparently has access but when I try to get it it sends me into an infinite login cycle and won't let me actually get the chapter :/ Sorry!
Original post by Craghyrax
If someone has access to these I'd be grateful:
Scheufele, D.A., Shah, D.V. (2000) “Personality strength and social capital: the role of dispositional and informational variables in the production of civic participation” Communication Research Vol. 27, pp. 107-131
White, C. S (1997) “Citizen participation and the Internet: Prospects for civic deliberation in the Information Age” Social Studies Vol. 88, No. 1, pp. 23-28

Ah... I've never intentionally searched for e-books.

yeah found them both, sending them.
yeah found them both, sending them.

:adore:
Original post by Feefifofum
Ncl apparently has access but when I try to get it it sends me into an infinite login cycle and won't let me actually get the chapter :/ Sorry!

it's this stupid on line library! I've tried to access stuff on it before only to spend half an hour trying all the different Oxford numbers/log in details. Nothing worked.
Original post by Craghyrax
:adore:

did you get them? They changed the email program at Oxford and it's so frustrating, first time I tried I ended up sending them to myself :s
did you get them? They changed the email program at Oxford and it's so frustrating, first time I tried I ended up sending them to myself :s

Yes thanks! :awesome:
I now have articles coming out of my ears :erm:

UEA just changed their email programme too. Its really frustrating. However by a stroke of luck I bumped into a technically clever person who showed me a way to get the damn thing to redirect emails to gmail. At long last!!! So nice not to constantly have to log into their cruddy webmail thing any longer :daydreaming:
Cheers anyway guys. They're not actually for me - they're for another PhD student in the lab who I am feeling sorry for :p: He is already in awe of my immense finding-article skills :p:

Not even funny, Just, awful! says she, just about to pack up and leave the library to go and do the laundry. FTB often does it though.
So GOGs, you know how you all love me? :biggrin:

Would anyone like to do my ABBA questionnaire? No previous knowledge of the song required. You don't even have to like ABBA. You can be as rude as you like. (Facticity from X Soc was quite scathing :p: )

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XV6WSMC

Love you all :grouphugs:
Reply 2851
What if we do like Abba? :biggrin:

Man this book review is going to be critical. No index, no conclusion, chapters don't link etc etc. What's worse is that it has been produced by people who should know better.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by apotoftea
What if we do like Abba? :biggrin:

Man this book review is going to be critical. No index, no conclusion, chapters don't link etc etc. What's worse is that is has been produced by people who should know better.

Well then you're all the more welcome to join in the fun :awesome:

:eek: Don't feel bad about it though. Their fault for writing a **** book :nopity:
Reply 2853
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
So GOGs, you know how you all love me? :biggrin:

Would anyone like to do my ABBA questionnaire? No previous knowledge of the song required. You don't even have to like ABBA. You can be as rude as you like. (Facticity from X Soc was quite scathing :p: )

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XV6WSMC

Love you all :grouphugs:

What if we like Abba but secretly?:redface:
...going to link now!
Original post by sj27
What if we like Abba but secretly?:redface:
...going to link now!

Well then, I'm sure you are welcome to take part too :ninja: :yep: :ninja:
I'll happily do the survey when I'm back home. :smile:
Original post by The Lyceum
I'll happily do the survey when I'm back home. :smile:

Thankies :love:
Tried to do it but the link to the YouTube video doesn't work on my phone. Could you link it here?
Original post by scarlet ibis
Tried to do it but the link to the YouTube video doesn't work on my phone. Could you link it here?

Thanks for trying. Try again now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?fmt=18&gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=Z6YqC3D0GMo
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:frown: this video is not available on mobile... Sorry, will try again when I have my laptop charged.

Latest

Trending

Trending