Wild Blue Yonder - 2nd December 2023

The Giggle - 9th December 2023

Recommended Doctor Who episodes:

The Runaway Bride

Partners in Crime

The Stolen Earth

Journeys End

Please be aware this thread contains

so if you don't want to be spoiled, go watch the episode and then come back :grouphugs:

Will you be watching? :awesome:

Unfortunately I won't be watching live as I'm not finishing work until 8pm :frown:
(edited 4 months ago)
I watched it and really enjoyed it! A few weird parts but overall very good and it felt very nostalgic :biggrin:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I watched it and really enjoyed it! A few weird parts but overall very good and it felt very nostalgic :biggrin:

Omg yes :five:

I loved seeing David Tennant and Catherine Tate back again :love:

Spoiler

(edited 5 months ago)
Loved it. Watched all the behind the scenes stuff hoping for a clip of miriam margolyes making the meep swear :biggrin:
Next time trailer :love:

Original post by PQ
Loved it. Watched all the behind the scenes stuff hoping for a clip of miriam margolyes making the meep swear :biggrin:

:five: oooooh yes, this is much needed :rofl:
The Meep was definitely cute in terms of Doctor Who monsters though :biggrin:

I was getting Sarah Jane Adventure vibes for a lot of this episode :colondollar: very nostalgic
Original post by Chronoscope
Doctor Who returns tonight BBC One @ 6.30pm :woo: :danceboy:

Order of upcoming Doctor Who specials:

The Star Beast - 25th November 2023

Wild Blue Yonder - 2nd December 2023

The Giggle - 9th December 2023

Recommended previous viewing:

The Stolen Earth

Journeys End

Will you be watching? :awesome:

Unfortunately I won't be watching live as I'm not finishing work until 8pm :frown:

hiya i watched it live yesterday and i really enjoyed it ❤️
Original post by emm4nuella
hiya i watched it live yesterday and i really enjoyed it ❤️

yasssss :five: :jumphug:
Did you have a favourite part? :smile:
Original post by Chronoscope
yasssss :five: :jumphug:
Did you have a favourite part? :smile:

when Donna began to remember who the doctor was :smile:
Loved Wild Blue Yonder :love:
2 episodes in but I think this is definitely my favourite episode so far :yep:
Reply 10
Wasn't the biggest fan of No.1 personally, though it was lovely to have the Doctor and Donna back and there were some excellent moments (in my humble opinion haha). Personally, a bit too Marvel-ly if anyone knows what I mean, like the sonic screwdriver locks doors, it doesn't turn the wielder into Doctor Strange :colondollar:
Absolutely loved Wild Blue Yonder on the other hand! Brilliantly creepy at points, with some really funny moments and I loved the way it all made perfect sense at the end. Really felt like Doctor Who at its best for me. You could definitely see the big budget I think, but it was done so it still felt like proper Who. Looking forward to The Giggle now!

P.S. only just found this thread, sorry for my long post haha.
Finally managed to catch wild blue yonder. Properly creepy/uncanny at times. Plus WILF!!!

I’m rewatching the old donna episodes and they’re really good fun so far :smile: delighted with the release of everything on iplayer.
That was AMAZING :love: :love:
:rofl:

Spoilers beware

Screenshot_20231210_115816_TikTok.jpg

Screenshot_20231210_115730_TikTok.jpg

Screenshot_20231210_134713_TikTok.jpg
(edited 4 months ago)
I just caught up with Wild Blue Yonder and watched The Giggle last night. I've loved having Tennant back and I think RTD gave his (second) Doctor and Donna the perfect ending.
Original post by CatusStarbright
I just caught up with Wild Blue Yonder and watched The Giggle last night. I've loved having Tennant back and I think RTD gave his (second) Doctor and Donna the perfect ending.

Yasssss :five:
I haven't watched any of the Tennant stuff in recent days but from what my friend tells me, it's nothing but a lecture. I get Doctor who has always had some element of this but I'm told it's too much now.

I was hoping RTD may have undone the shitshow that was the chibnall era. I wasn't a fan of his first tenure turning the Tennant piper saga into an episode of eastenders but hoped this time would be different. To be fair, I wasn't a fan of the idea that Tennant and Tate returning so combining that with my friends recommendation to give it a miss, I won't be watching.

I can't, I just can't. The show I loved as a teenager is gone.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by CatusStarbright

Yesss I was so surprised but happily so haha, that ending was so sweet, and I really liked Ncuti Gatwa, excited for the Christmas special now :biggrin:
Liked the giggle although it felt a bit rushed in parts (needed moar NPH scenery chewing :biggrin: ).

Really enjoying my rewatch of the ole Doctor|Donna episodes. I’d forgotten that it was that series that we first met River Song and I get a feeling I might end up rewatching quite a lot more than just this series!
Original post by Guru Jason
I haven't watched any of the Tennant stuff in recent days but from what my friend tells me, it's nothing but a lecture. I get Doctor who has always had some element of this but I'm told it's too much now.

I was hoping RTD may have undone the shitshow that was the chibnall era. I wasn't a fan of his first tenure turning the Tennant piper saga into an episode of eastenders but hoped this time would be different. To be fair, I wasn't a fan of the idea that Tennant and Tate returning so combining that with my friends recommendation to give it a miss, I won't be watching.

I can't, I just can't. The show I loved as a teenager is gone.

That's a shame it wasn't what you hoped :frown: The best opinion is your own though despite what people may say, but maybe that's just me :smile:
The 60th one ok maybe a lecture was definitely noticeable, however Wild Blue Yonder and The Giggle are a way more like the old days. If you've seen the main spoilers of the 60th anniversary and WBY, I'd definitely recommend the Giggle if you fancy a trip down memory lane :yep:

Spoiler

Which Doctor was your favourite? :hugs:

Original post by PQ
Liked the giggle although it felt a bit rushed in parts (needed moar NPH scenery chewing :biggrin: ).

Really enjoying my rewatch of the ole Doctor|Donna episodes. I’d forgotten that it was that series that we first met River Song and I get a feeling I might end up rewatching quite a lot more than just this series!

I feel like the Giggle needed a Part Two but otherwise was spot on :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest