The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They still do Orange KitKat? OMG. I remember that! And Coke Vanilla! And having money enough to buy these things.
Reply 781
Original post by The Lyceum
They still do Orange KitKat? OMG. I remember that! And Coke Vanilla! And having money enough to buy these things.

Its a kitkat CHUNKY.

Now I want another one.
Reply 783
Thanks Socrates and Hobnob.

On the chocolate discussion...currently eating a crunchie for the first time in ages....yumyum.
Reply 784
Original post by the_alba

What do you guys do to get rid of used cooking oil? I don't cook with it very often (only in small amounts), but I just made some super-yummy patatas bravas, and now have a vatload of the stuff to get rid of. One website says soak it in bread and put bread out for birds. Is that a mad idea?

My mum just reuses it actually - she has a bottle that she uses for occasionally making chips and just pours it back in and keeps it in the cupboard. Saves waste :yes:

I've just finished packing for my conference. Leaving tomorrow for Austria, so so excited! And also nervous. I'm hoping I can hide in a corner with my poster so no-one asks me anything tricky :colondollar:
Reply 785
Original post by laeti

I've just finished packing for my conference. Leaving tomorrow for Austria, so so excited! And also nervous. I'm hoping I can hide in a corner with my poster so no-one asks me anything tricky :colondollar:

enjoy it!!!
And isn't the point of "tricky" questions to pick up on things you might have missed that could improve your research? :smile:
Original post by laeti

Ooooh, good luck hun! Have lots of fun skiing and bring me back a goat that I can yodel away to :biggrin: :jumphug: :biggrin:

(Jokes, you don't have to bring me back a goat :p: )
Reply 787
Original post by sj27
enjoy it!!!
And isn't the point of "tricky" questions to pick up on things you might have missed that could improve your research? :smile:

Thanks!
Yeah, I'm going to try hard to actually talk to people but I do find it difficult because I've been doing this for about 6 months and there are some pretty big cheeses in my field at the conference who've been doing it their whole life - scared I'm going to say something totally stupid :redface:

The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ooooh, good luck hun! Have lots of fun skiing and bring me back a goat that I can yodel away to :biggrin: :jumphug: :biggrin:

(Jokes, you don't have to bring me back a goat :p: )

I'll yodel at any goats I see for you, if that'll help? :biggrin:
[QUOTE="hobnob;36326865"]:nah:
Not anymore. It's all :-tags:
being a n00b after six years on the site :getmecoat:
Original post by laeti
Thanks!
Yeah, I'm going to try hard to actually talk to people but I do find it difficult because I've been doing this for about 6 months and there are some pretty big cheeses in my field at the conference who've been doing it their whole life - scared I'm going to say something totally stupid :redface:

I'll yodel at any goats I see for you, if that'll help? :biggrin:

You'll be fine, my lovely. Have confidence in sunshine, in rain, that spring will come again! :awesome: :yep: :biggrin:

That will do, yes :yep:

PS. Seeing Wicked with Laura on the 20th. You need to get down to London sometime soon so we can see a musical :cool:
Reply 790
Original post by Socrates
being a n00b after six years on the site :getmecoat:

:p:
I only know because I'm a PS-helper, and [s] used to be the strikethrough tag. Now whenever I want to tell someone to delete an 'enthralled' (really hate that word, it's worse than 'passionate'), I have to spell out every time. Very annoying.:sigh:
[QUOTE="hobnob;36328555"]:p:
I only know because I'm a PS-helper, and : :

You've never clicked 'Advanced' and had a strike button alongside all the other ones? So you just highlight what you wanna cross out and strike? :s-smilie:
Reply 792
Original post by Xristina
hahahaha, I've been meaning to actually start writing my commentary for a tutorial since yesterday. First I copied the text on a paper. Then I learned the translation. Then I wrote the translation (part of the essay). Then I scanned every single line (found the metre of the lines - 50 in total, took me about 3 hours). Then I read a few books about the passage. Then I wrote the lines I need to comment on in a word. Then I spent some time on TSR. Now I finally have the first two lines of the actual commentary!! As Horace says, well begun is half done :tongue:

I keep complaining that the MSt in oxford is really short, whereas most unis give the students the whole summer to work on their dissertation, but on days like this I realise I could probably write two dissertations if I could stop wasting my time :frown:
Force yourself into the Bod. Works for me! If I attempt to work at home, I inevitably end up in my pyjamas with the laptop on my knees/napping. I think the slightly panicked atmosphere of the RadCam is more conducive to me working than bed, a duvet, and the tele!
Reply 793
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You've never clicked 'Advanced' and had a strike button alongside all the other ones? So you just highlight what you wanna cross out and strike? :s-smilie:

I know there are buttons, but I never use them. I just type out the tags. Doesn't everyone?:confused:
Original post by hobnob
I know there are buttons, but I never use them. I just type out the tags. Doesn't everyone?:confused:

I'm too lazy to type stuff out. I get upset if I can't use buttons :colondollar: :tongue: :getmecoat:
Reply 795
I somehow got more work done sat in a Starbucks the other day than in a library. Odd. New favourite place to work is LSE's library though.
Original post by The Lyceum

Aw I feel nostalgic for Coke Vanilla, even though I hate coke and carbonated drinks.
Original post by apotoftea
I somehow got more work done sat in a Starbucks the other day than in a library. Odd. New favourite place to work is LSE's library though.

certain starbucks' are pretty conducive work environments :yes:
does anyone know how I can change my name? (TSR one, not actual name :tongue:)
Original post by Xristina
does anyone know how I can change my name? (TSR one, not actual name :tongue:)

Post in AASM with the reasons for why you want it changed, and someone will look at it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending