The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Application submitted :eek2:

Now consumed with self-doubt that it's all crap and will provide the admissions committee with much mirth :puppyeyes:
Original post by the_alba
Day 5 of not-smoking, was okay until hubby went out to meet a colleague for beer. Resisted the same thing yesterday more easily, but today all I've been doing is sorting through laundry, washing it to put it in charity boxes, preparing for the Big Move. Am now bored and tense, and he gets to go out and drink beer while I'm inside watching Bambi online while drinking blackcurrant tea. *I don't recognise myself!* :eek:

Keep going! Or I will come and beat you round the face with that giant cigarette that is on all teh adverts. And you are a bloody long way away, so please don't make me.

Does your husband smoke? Can you set up some sort of smoke free reward system? eg not allowed to read/watch/buy something until you've been smoke free for a week?
Original post by Aeschylus
I can rant about people being silly about GM foods for hours

Have you been introduced to my blog? :wink:
Reply 7983
Original post by Cirsium
Have you been introduced to my blog? :wink:

I think your blog has some of the most balanced views on GM food I've seen anywhere.
Original post by ice_cube
Keep going! Or I will come and beat you round the face with that giant cigarette that is on all teh adverts. And you are a bloody long way away, so please don't make me.

Does your husband smoke? Can you set up some sort of smoke free reward system? eg not allowed to read/watch/buy something until you've been smoke free for a week?

I've now resorted to the extreme self-indulgence of listening to old soundtracks from films from my childhood on youtube :redface: Currently working my way through songs from the Home Alone films.

No, my husband doesn't smoke and hates it with a passion. I'm doing this for him as well as for myself. Given that I'm currently broke, our award system works quite well. If (*when*) I hold out till the weekend, he's buying me a nice warm jumper for the Aberdeen winter, preferably with some kind of animal picture on it. I've also been promised some new jeans and some climbing lessons. Sounding like a kept woman now, but it's just until I've properly quit smoking :biggrin:
Original post by Aeschylus
I can rant about people being silly about GM foods for hours

WTF about arts and science = Hitler?
Original post by The Lyceum
WTF about arts and science = Hitler?

This post http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2125047&page=9&p=39604102#post39604102. Brilliant eh?
Original post by sj27

Now consumed with self-doubt that it's all crap and will provide the admissions committee with much mirth :puppyeyes:

Yay for it being submitted! Think positive, hun! :h:

*sends cyber positive rays of hope to sj27 :h: *

WOW. I mean....hahahaha...wow.
Original post by sj27

It's not and it won't. :smile:
Oh lord, realised today that I taught my class maths wrongly. :facepalm:

Now have to spend next Monday's maths lesson unteaching them.

Oh god I should be fired.
Reply 7991
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yay for it being submitted! Think positive, hun! :h:

*sends cyber positive rays of hope to sj27 :h: *

Original post by threeportdrift
It's not and it won't. :smile:

Thanks both of you :smile:.

And special thanks to threeportdrift, ilex and Cirsium for the various proofreading/critiquing help! And the rest of you for the encouragement and allowing me to moan here!

(and yay I can multiquote again!)
Reply 7992
Original post by Becca
Oh lord, realised today that I taught my class maths wrongly. :facepalm:

Now have to spend next Monday's maths lesson unteaching them.

Oh god I should be fired.

What did you do???
Original post by sj27
What did you do???

Well first taught them the correct method for addition where you set the numbers on top of each other. Then I doubted myself and untaught them that. Then today I realised I had been right all along (you start by adding the units).

FML. The parents in my class don't need to be worried about me teaching the kids Norwegian, they should be worried about Maths :colone:
Went along to City of Oxford Rowing Club to see what it was like. It was awesome. The people are lovely and everyone was very enthusiastic and I felt at home within five minutes. And when I left, a guy said "oh btw, if you have any bike-related problems, just come see me, I have a bike shop" = new BFF I reckon.
Original post by Anatheme
Went along to City of Oxford Rowing Club to see what it was like. It was awesome. The people are lovely and everyone was very enthusiastic and I felt at home within five minutes. And when I left, a guy said "oh btw, if you have any bike-related problems, just come see me, I have a bike shop" = new BFF I reckon.

Excellent! When are you going to start?
This evening, I had a great outing with my new club - was rowing at 7 which is my favourite position, it was balanced, despite being a scratch crew, powerful, long, generally awesome. :biggrin:
I agree with the boredom and exercise thing. I sometimes read magazines in the gym (I used to be a pro at reading the Economist while on the cross-trainer), and I like watching silly programmes like Location Location Location or Come Dine with Me. There's something about watching food-related tv programmes while exercising... I don't get bored cycling to places, so I should learn to run outside but... I'm lazy. And it will be cold soon.
Do weightlifting...it knackers you out too much for you to ever get bored :ahee:
Original post by scarlet ibis
Excellent! When are you going to start?
This evening, I had a great outing with my new club - was rowing at 7 which is my favourite position, it was balanced, despite being a scratch crew, powerful, long, generally awesome. :biggrin:

Saturday if they decide to get a boat out, or Sunday, which is great because I was starting to miss coxing, haha. I can't wait to go out! Also, they said there were no barges on their stretch of the river, which is gonna be nice after a year of having to pull in every five minutes to let the barges go through back in Manc, haha.
Original post by Anatheme
Saturday if they decide to get a boat out, or Sunday, which is great because I was starting to miss coxing, haha. I can't wait to go out! Also, they said there were no barges on their stretch of the river, which is gonna be nice after a year of having to pull in every five minutes to let the barges go through back in Manc, haha.

What do they mean, I wonder? All of the Thames is navigable by narrrowboats and dutch barges etc. Perhaps there are none moored there, and it is quite wide. I've certainly travelled all the way through Oxford and beyond on my narrowboat, though.

Latest

Trending

Trending