The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craghyrax
Peterhouse was opposite Pembroke :puppyeyes:
You'll have to come again at £1.50 a journey :p:

was it?? Oh no :frown: and it was my second choice as well... :puppyeyes: (love the icon)

I want to go, but the bus is 3,5 hours so it's such a hassle. I am secretly hoping that either both of us or at least Lyceum get funding from it so we can go next year :love:

(although Oxford would be better for my subject + they gave me an amazing supervisor...but you know, if Oxford did not offer me funding and Cam did then I'd have to go!)
Can anybody access for me:

Commemorating the Co-op: Nostalgia, Identity and the Visual Traces of the Co-operative Movement in Twentieth-Century Britain

Author: Walton, John

Source: Visual Resources, Volume 24, Number 2, June 2008 , pp. 159-172(14)

?
Original post by *Corinna*
what's the deal with Gardies? I wanna try it now.

Its just the favourite pit-stop for students after a night out. They do decent kebabs, but I've only been once in my entire time as a student.
Just ordered my wedding dress from Seattle :awesome:. It's by Wai Ching and I'm quite excited about it. And the hotel got back to me on my proposal for an all-vegan wedding menu, and they're doing everything I asked for :biggrin:
Original post by the_alba
Just ordered my wedding dress from Seattle :awesome:. It's by Wai Ching and I'm quite excited about it. And the hotel got back to me on my proposal for an all-vegan wedding menu, and they're doing everything I asked for :biggrin:

Oh my gosh that looks amazing. Which one have you picked? :ninja:
Original post by ice_cube
Oh my gosh that looks amazing. Which one have you picked? :ninja:

Well, I couldn't afford the really amazing ones (such as the Zolotova - :coma:), but I love all her dresses so I went for the Tourmaline, but instead of those colours, I've asked for forest green rising to gold, with a gold strap. Which will match the island we're marrying on, with its dark green mountains, eagle forests and cold, gold beaches :colondollar:
Reply 1787
Why would anyone go on vacation to Lamia?

Good question! My family are friends with a family who live there (well, partly there and partly in a village nearby, where they originally come from). Lamia itself seems pretty unremarkable but the presence of friends makes a big difference :smile:
I really hate UEA's journal access :grumble:

Would anybody be able to get...

Synthese, Volume 52, Number 1, 3-23 "Why reason cannot be naturalized" Hilary Putnam (1982)
Human Studies, Volume 32, Number 3, 365-374 "Can there be a Pragmatist Philosophy of Social Science?" Stephen Turner (2009)
Res Publica, Volume 11, Number 4, 403-423 "A Defence of Liberal Ironism" Michael Bacon (2005)
And curse Springer Link for making all the citations so opaque :rant:
Well, I couldn't afford the really amazing ones (such as the Zolotova - :coma:), but I love all her dresses so I went for the Tourmaline, but instead of those colours, I've asked for forest green rising to gold, with a gold strap. Which will match the island we're marrying on, with its dark green mountains, eagle forests and cold, gold beaches :colondollar:

That will be absolutely stunning.

Edit: I want the Papillon dress more than I can explain. Ive never particularly understood why people get so excited over designer dresses, but ohhh I want it so bad. I cant think of any reason whatsoever I could ever justify it :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1790
PRSOMs for Corinna, Ilex and Alba.:mad:

So did you guys visit Peterhouse? :hmmm:

Was this aimed at me too...? I narrowed my visits down to the colleges known to look favourably on MSt applicants, excluding 2 newer ones that didn't interest me at all, and Magdalene which although it looks beautiful somehow doesn't appeal to me as much. We didn't have time to really visit lots of colleges, although we did go to Kings chapel; the college itself was closed to visitors today. We did climb the belltower at St Marys though :smile:
Reply 1791
I really hate UEA's journal access :grumble:

Would anybody be able to get...

Synthese, Volume 52, Number 1, 3-23 "Why reason cannot be naturalized" Hilary Putnam (1982)
Human Studies, Volume 32, Number 3, 365-374 "Can there be a Pragmatist Philosophy of Social Science?" Stephen Turner (2009)
Res Publica, Volume 11, Number 4, 403-423 "A Defence of Liberal Ironism" Michael Bacon (2005)
And curse Springer Link for making all the citations so opaque :rant:
I think so. I'll PM you.
Original post by QHF
Good question! My family are friends with a family who live there (well, partly there and partly in a village nearby, where they originally come from). Lamia itself seems pretty unremarkable but the presence of friends makes a big difference :smile:

yes true! I understand. :smile:

ps. Us Athenians consider people from Lamia (and Larissa and a few other "villages") hm..what's the word...there is no word in English but like "unrefined" maybe? Mainly because of the way they pronounce L and N. If you speak Italian you'll understand what I mean: where we should say li, they say gli. Lol...

wow this site looks amazing!! You must be so excited!! Everyone here is getting married :biggrin:
I don't know how I would feel if I went to an all-vegan dinner though. Although, I guess, it would be a very good way to show to people that not eating meat etc does not mean that you are left with very limited choices (which is the impression I have now).
wow this site looks amazing!! You must be so excited!! Everyone here is getting married :biggrin:
I don't know how I would feel if I went to an all-vegan dinner though. Although, I guess, it would be a very good way to show to people that not eating meat etc does not mean that you are left with very limited choices (which is the impression I have now).

Yeah, I think many people are put off by the word 'vegan' and have a general bad impression of it (it's like the word 'feminist' in that sense). The media has never been very kind to veganism, so lots of people have a negative impression of it. I think (and hope) that everyone will love the food - after all, we don't want people to come away with a bad impression, we want them to see that vegan food is awesome. The food will be delicious and will just happen to be vegan - many guests probably won't even notice that it's vegan. We're having a wide range of starters (tapas style, but with Indian things too), and three mains to choose from - penne al'arabbiata with balsamic roasted vegetables, Morrocan tagine with lemon couscous, or the classic cashew and pine nut roast. Because the hotel is on a remote Scottish island, the menu isn't going quite as ambitious as we'd have it otherwise, as it's tricky for them to get hold of ingredients. But what they've done for us sounds great. *Know what I'm having*!:biggrin:
Oh This sounds delicious!!! I would have gone for the penne with the roast vegetables!!
You know, If you have any nice recipes I'd love to hear them. I love vegetables but I don't know any good recipes that will provide a tasty outcome so I always resolve in meat which is easier to cook etc.
Ugh, I have completely lost my motivation to actually do any work over the last few days. I had an essay to hand in on Monday and after that I've sort of tailed off. In the library today to try and make up for it.

In other news, going to look at wonderful bota tomorrow. Fingers crossed the owner wants to sell to us!
Reply 1797
I'm writing an essay at the moment, and I've decided that the only way to salvage anything from it is to argue that its very badness is evidence for the rightness of its argument. This is not a good idea, but it is a better idea than having no finished essay to hand in on Monday because I couldn't think of any good ideas.
Reply 1798
Another feeling the love lost with regards to work. Meh.
TSR in all its wisdom decided to unsubscribe me from the thread :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending