The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Boom my life ambition is complete.

To join the society click here

Mod edit: Please note that our current policy is that any discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. The reasons for this policy are:

We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.

Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.

There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.

We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
good morning

who am I kidding, I did not sleep and I do not feel good.

sigh.

I really don't know why I bother with hope :frown: it's always empty and it's always futile, and am so pathetic that I always end up feeling like this even though my life could be much worse and stuff cause im that weak and stupid really.

today I plan to see a friend and hope that goes well and tonight I will be drinking very heavily, maybe too heavily, haven't decided yet.
Original post by SciFiBoy
good morning

who am I kidding, I did not sleep and I do not feel good.

sigh.

I really don't know why I bother with hope :frown: it's always empty and it's always futile, and am so pathetic that I always end up feeling like this even though my life could be much worse and stuff cause im that weak and stupid really.

today I plan to see a friend and hope that goes well and tonight I will be drinking very heavily, maybe too heavily, haven't decided yet.

Absolute bitch that sometimes the only thing that keeps you going through a day is "Oh I'll get smashed" or "Oh I'll get high" at the end of the day. But if it works it works, gotta thank the stuff :! :P
Barely slept at all and have my counselling appointment in an hour. Scared about what I'll tell them. Scared about how I feel at the moment. I have an exam at 4 and I can't do it. It's all happening again.
Been having a very rough time recently. Got taken to A+E on Tuesday night. Was meant to see my counsellor at 10 but couldn't really muster up the energy to go. Meeting my supervisor at 11 to talk about 'how the department can help'. I have no ****ing clue how the department can help and I don't know what I'm going to say to him at all.
Reply 5
I think my councillor is thinking that I'm overreacting to everything :/

Has anyone tried 'Mood Gym'? My doccy reccomended it to me but I haven't bothered with it yet...
Reply 6
Saw the crisis team. Tomorrow they want to meet with me at the psych hospital rather than the uni med centre. I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.
:sigh:

Still feeling so rubbish. Angry. impulsive and frustrated along with exhausted and hopeless.
I'm pretty sure the AD I've had added to my meds had triggered me into a mixed episode, because this feels so familiar. ****'s sake.
Original post by Nut.
Saw the crisis team. Tomorrow they want to meet with me at the psych hospital rather than the uni med centre. I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means.
:sigh:

Still feeling so rubbish. Angry. impulsive and frustrated along with exhausted and hopeless.
I'm pretty sure the AD I've had added to my meds had triggered me into a mixed episode, because this feels so familiar. ****'s sake.

I'd try not to pre-empt what they're going to do, it'll only make you more stressed, just concentrate on getting through today :hugs: Maybe mention to the crisis team that you think it might be the med change so that they can look at whether that's still suitable for you?
Reply 8
Original post by thatsthebadger93
I'd try not to pre-empt what they're going to do, it'll only make you more stressed, just concentrate on getting through today :hugs: Maybe mention to the crisis team that you think it might be the med change so that they can look at whether that's still suitable for you?

Yeah I've told them that this feels much more liked a 'mixed' episode than just the depressive one I was having last week.

The guy was gonna give me the AD on the spot today but after I told him he said he'd speak to the psychiatrist first and they'd phone me later on, dropping off any meds if need be.

As it is, I've been told I can take 2-3 doses of diazepam throughout the day, so I took one about half an hour ago and do feel a little calmer.
Original post by Nut.
Yeah I've told them that this feels much more liked a 'mixed' episode than just the depressive one I was having last week.

The guy was gonna give me the AD on the spot today but after I told him he said he'd speak to the psychiatrist first and they'd phone me later on, dropping off any meds if need be.

As it is, I've been told I can take 2-3 doses of diazepam throughout the day, so I took one about half an hour ago and do feel a little calmer.

Glad you feel a bit calmer, hope it stays that way :smile:
Meh I have an appointment with my psychologist later and all I want to do is stay at home away from everyone and get on with things on my own. I know that withdrawing from society is a symptom of my illness but all I want at the moment is to have a nice quiet life with no extra worry.

I've not been feeling well for about 2 or 3 weeks now and I'm worried because this is the slow slippery slope to going back to being ill.
Reply 11
Does anybody on here know much about how being hospitalised (either voluntarily or involuntarily) can affect things like getting visa's in the future?

When I went to Russia with my school the form I had to fill in asked questions about whether or not I'd been hospitalised, whether I had a 'serious mental illness' or was on any medications.
At the time I had a diagnosis of depression and I'd never been hospitalised, and wasn't on meds, but tbh it's looking more and more likely that I will be hospitalised at some point, and my diagnosis is now bipolar (or at least, I think it is, I'm not sure what this new mental health team thinks about that, but that's another story), which pretty much needs lifelong meds.

If I do somehow get through all of this I would like to travel in the future. It'd be a bummer if I'd never be able to go to Russia or Australia again, or to the USA or Canada or whatever.

Anybody know?
Original post by superwolf
X

I imagine you might know something ^ ? :colondollar:
Was asked if I'd voluntarily go onto a psych ward.

She thinks I have no support in place which is true because I am in the horrid 'asked for everything but waiting for appointment' stages of everything. And she thinks I'd actually kill myself if an impulsive mood swing hit me. And she did the awkward silences and then read my feelings back to me and I just bawled. It was humiliating.

Not sitting this afternoon's exam: one the convenor arranged just for me. Feel like hiding in the toilets and screaming and screaming and screaming.
True :smile:. I'll definitely be going but we will see what happens.

I hope you have a good day yourself.
Original post by Nut.
Does anybody on here know much about how being hospitalised (either voluntarily or involuntarily) can affect things like getting visa's in the future?

When I went to Russia with my school the form I had to fill in asked questions about whether or not I'd been hospitalised, whether I had a 'serious mental illness' or was on any medications.
At the time I had a diagnosis of depression and I'd never been hospitalised, and wasn't on meds, but tbh it's looking more and more likely that I will be hospitalised at some point, and my diagnosis is now bipolar (or at least, I think it is, I'm not sure what this new mental health team thinks about that, but that's another story), which pretty much needs lifelong meds.

If I do somehow get through all of this I would like to travel in the future. It'd be a bummer if I'd never be able to go to Russia or Australia again, or to the USA or Canada or whatever.

Anybody know?

I imagine you might know something ^ ? :colondollar:

There's a question about it on the visa waiver program for the US.

Do you have a communicable disease; physical or mental disorder; or are you a drug abuser or addict?

With regard to physical or mental disorders, answer ”Yes” to this question if:

(a) You currently have a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder that may pose or has posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others; or

(b) You had a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder that has posed a threat to your property, safety or welfare or that of others and the behavior is likely to recur or lead to other harmful behavior.
Reply 15
Original post by Sabertooth
There's a question about it on the visa waiver program for the US.

Does that mean I could still go, or I can't?

(Sorry, my brain's being fuzzy today.)
Reply 16
Do you have to disclose depression to employers?

My wife recently applied to a care job and they liked her CV etc, invited her to look arround and made her fill in some forms. She was worried because they had a "medical" section asking about what medication you took and whether you suffered from any disabilities. Anyway, they never contacted her. We thought it was strange that they would invite someone arround for a visit but not an interview, given that the only new info they had was about her disability...

Anyway she was really upset with it, my question is - is it legal for an employer to require details like that? She doesn't like telling anyone, took her years to tell her parents - and they treated her differently when she did...
Reply 17
Original post by Sabertooth
x

Saber!!

My parcel from the States has arrived =>
Reply 18
Original post by Idle
Boom my life ambition is complete, will update this with links to old threads later.

:hugs:

You're doing ok there?
Reply 19
Well, I've got all my marks back from my first 3 modules (apart from the 3 essays that I have yet to submit) and I'm sitting pretty on 69%.

Now why can't the rest of my life and my mental health just fall into place like the academic stuff always ****ing does.

Latest