The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
I feel exactly the same. I can't go out I'm so worried about spies, I can't sleep because they'll creep into my room and do stuff to me. I took the bin out and the neighbor was there watching me for the government. I have no idea how much of this is in my head and how much is real. I'm so scared constantly but I'm also terrified of telling anyone. I told the GP some stuff and all they gave me was some lame antihistamines like they're meant to help :s-smilie:

My medication was recently increased too, no help there either. :frown:

Keep on in there, that is all you can really do in this situation. Hopefully you'll be able to tell someone how you are feeling when you need too.

I tend to listen to really loud music which blocks out most of the crap. Maybe that will help you? If you ever want to chat about anything feel free to PM me.

Original post by Noodlzzz
Oh god I could have written that word for freaking word. If you ever want to talk to someone going through the same thing you can always PM me :smile:

I'm glad to hear that there is someone else going through the same thing. It feels very lonely at the moment. Everything I tell people is immediately discounted because I am "ill" or that it is because I "am imagining things". If you ever feel like a chat yourself I'd be more than happy to answer any PMs even if it is just small chit chat.
Reply 2182
Original post by angelbones
:hugs:

Spoiler

:jumphug: You should be very happy :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 2183
Original post by kiss_me_now9

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edit: On the note of others, the emergency services will help you if you want them to, you may not be having a physical heart attack, doesn't mean the mental issues are not as severe as that. However, I know certain people have objections to emergency professionals, so will try and offer any advice I can other than calling them as well :hugs:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Didn't go well. :sigh:
Sat in the library around 3 hours but my concentration was just not there at all. Will just have to try and really get my head round sometime next week without pressure to answer questions, will just have to tell lecturer I couldn't do it if he asks.

Me too! Sorry your sister has stole your bed! :eek:
I would upset too. Hope you're feeling ok now. :hugs:

Sorry to hear :frown:
I'm sure he will understand :hugs:

I'm not even sure why I got so upset! Seem to be over it now though.
I have so many things to do, if nothing else reply to the PMs I have on here, or the stacks of quotes, but I can't seem to be able to, unless I class them as 'urgent' (usually in helping someone else urgently).

Can I buy some motivation somewhere? No?

Time to go and play a game I think...
Reply 2187
Original post by rmhumphries
I have so many things to do, if nothing else reply to the PMs I have on here, or the stacks of quotes, but I can't seem to be able to, unless I class them as 'urgent' (usually in helping someone else urgently).

http://www.sporcle.com/ :awesome:

Although if I currently tried to name all the American states I think I might cry at my own hopeless lack of focus and memory. :sad:
McNuggetsAhoy
Keep on in there, that is all you can really do in this situation. Hopefully you'll be able to tell someone how you are feeling when you need too.

I tend to listen to really loud music which blocks out most of the crap. Maybe that will help you? If you ever want to chat about anything feel free to PM me.

Yeah I've had loud music blasting all day, definitely helps. Also had my girlfriend on webcam, talking to people in person helps as well. Thanks for the offer to PM might take you up on it sometime:smile: You can pm me too if you ever feel the need.

Spoiler

Edit: On the note of others, the emergency services will help you if you want them to, you may not be having a physical heart attack, doesn't mean the mental issues are not as severe as that. However, I know certain people have objections to emergency professionals, so will try and offer any advice I can other than calling them as well :hugs:

Thanks, I will bear in mind that I can text you - I really appreciate the offer. And yep hopefully the GP appointment will go well, I'm getting desperate for them to do something...anything really.

I'm terrified of calling the emergency services, I don't want to own up that anything's wrong and I really really don't want to be sectioned, then there's the whole idea that actually I just need to pull myself together and get on with stuff. :frown:

I appreciate your advice, but take your time, if you're not up to replying to people don't worry about it just do things at your own pace and hopefully you'll feel better without the stress.

What game? :smile: I've had someone from school bugging me to play him at tf2 for the past few days....can I find the motivation? hell no.
Reply 2189

What game? :smile: I've had someone from school bugging me to play him at tf2 for the past few days....can I find the motivation? hell no.

Ah man TF2 is the absolute worst thing to play when you're tired... You spend 90% of the game respawning after not turning fast enough or getting stickied. :nothing:
Original post by Nut.
Ah man TF2 is the absolute worst thing to play when you're tired... You spend 90% of the game respawning after not turning fast enough or getting stickied. :nothing:

Indeed. I tried a few days ago and got completely slaughtered. Not in a hurry to do that again.
im having a bad one tonight have to say, feeling really down and insecure. And for no reason, i have no reason too and yet i am feeling so low.
Gonna clean my make up brushes and then sleep I think. CBA to be awake any longer.
I have little reason to be moody and low, but I am.

Even the seagulls think i'm like **** the way they pooped on me on the way back from a lecture
Reply 2194
Gonna clean my make up brushes and then sleep I think. CBA to be awake any longer.

Good night :smile: :kiss:

-----

Sort of regret not going to that party yesterday. Looking at the pictures, my baby cousin looked sooo cute :tongue:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by avhhs
:jumphug: You should be very happy :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

---

On a slightly different note, I just found someone on Reddit who goes to my university. And now I'm freaking the **** out because I've posted lots of personal stuff on Reddit, including a bit about SH. OH MY GOD A COMPLETE STRANGER THAT I MAY END UP RUNNING INTO AT SOME POINT HAS ACCESS TO A WHOLE LOT OF INFORMATION ABOUT ME. ASDFGHJKL.

Spoiler

---

On a slightly different note, I just found someone on Reddit who goes to my university. And now I'm freaking the **** out because I've posted lots of personal stuff on Reddit, including a bit about SH. OH MY GOD A COMPLETE STRANGER THAT I MAY END UP RUNNING INTO AT SOME POINT HAS ACCESS TO A WHOLE LOT OF INFORMATION ABOUT ME. ASDFGHJKL.

:hugs: I was the same to my first BF. He dumped me three days before I went to my friends funeral and had the balls to say it was because I was frigid and not worth staying faithful to. :sigh:

And, I found some people on tumblr from my uni the other day and had a similar freak out :colondollar: then I remembered I'm almost totally anonymous, apart from the fact that I post a lot of cheerleading photos. Lol.
:hugs: I was the same to my first BF. He dumped me three days before I went to my friends funeral and had the balls to say it was because I was frigid and not worth staying faithful to. :sigh:

And, I found some people on tumblr from my uni the other day and had a similar freak out :colondollar: then I remembered I'm almost totally anonymous, apart from the fact that I post a lot of cheerleading photos. Lol.

What a knob he was :hugs:

I'm definitely not anonymous on Reddit, I've posted pictures of my face, details about my flat/flatmates (mostly rants about how they're pissing me off :tongue:), stuff like that. Not my name, but hey. If you wanted to look on the bright side, it could be that we'll make friends. Maybe.
What a knob he was :hugs:

I'm definitely not anonymous on Reddit, I've posted pictures of my face, details about my flat/flatmates (mostly rants about how they're pissing me off :tongue:), stuff like that. Not my name, but hey. If you wanted to look on the bright side, it could be that we'll make friends. Maybe.

Oh he was! And then he expected me to be friendly to him when I came back home etc. Oh and he got annoyed when I went on a date three weeks after we broke up (apparently I broke some kind of rule going on a date with his ex friend who I didn't know even knew him until we saw him in the pub... where he was going on a date with a girl I knew... men :rolleyes:)

Worst thing was I worked with him for 2 months after we broke and then again that Christmas until he left just before NYE, yet his photo was up in the staff room last time I was there 1 year later XD
Oh he was! And then he expected me to be friendly to him when I came back home etc. Oh and he got annoyed when I went on a date three weeks after we broke up (apparently I broke some kind of rule going on a date with his ex friend who I didn't know even knew him until we saw him in the pub... where he was going on a date with a girl I knew... men :rolleyes:)

Worst thing was I worked with him for 2 months after we broke and then again that Christmas until he left just before NYE, yet his photo was up in the staff room last time I was there 1 year later XD

:mad: I really hate people like that.

imbuzzinme

Feel like crying. :frown:

:hugs: What's up, sweetheart?

Latest