The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3380
Some of the Mods here are really annoying and just obnoxious really.
Original post by Sabertooth
Well...that was a waste of time. :sigh:

Not sure what I expected them to do but I've tried too many different drugs and I'm already on really high dosages so he's not going to do anything about them. Sleep? Well that's a bugger apparently but again I've tried too many different drugs so we're going to try one I've tried and had no luck with before. Also got the number for the crisis team and a referral to a hearing voices group, whatever that is. Anyone been to one? Also got offered hospital...no ****ing way in hell.

:hugs:

Sorry they were not more help - I don't know what else to say.

Original post by kka25
Some of the Mods here are really annoying and just obnoxious really.

If you want to rant, feel free to drop me a PM or e-mail. Be careful about ranting in public about them though.
Original post by 35mm_
Not really. Not under a crisis team, my CPN is off, don't see my psychiatrist until Monday. My mum's completely oblivious and her boyfriend is a prick; so I don't really have many people.

Well if you feel like you are going to be a danger to yourself, you always have A&E. Beyond that, the only thing I can suggest is distraction, trying to do enough to ensure that even if you don't feel good, you don't slip into being bad enough to hurt yourself. :hugs:
i have quetiapine 300mg, not sure when to take it. i feel so weird :erm:
Original post by littleshambles
i have quetiapine 300mg, not sure when to take it. i feel so weird :erm:

It can be quite sedating so I imagine at night would be best.
Original post by 35mm_
Back from shopping. Bought some razors. Oh dear :frown: Couldn't resist. I really am struggling; been storing up my meds too. I don't know how to get out of this slump.

Sorry for moaning yet again. But I really feel on the verge of doing something bad, to myself.

:console:
If you don't feel capable of throwing them away just yet, put them somewhere fairly difficult to get to.

rmhumphries
x

:jumphug:

How is everyone today?

Edit: Forgot! Had my physiotherapy appointment today. Looked at my ankle and basically said there's nothing wrong with it. Which blatantly isn't true because it HURTS. Sigh. Going back for a check-up in about 2 weeks.
Going to make a fair attempt at starting my assignment this weekend. I'm determined to pass this year (and my whole degree, to be honest) with at least a 2:1.
Trying SO hard to stay away from crisps and other nice things :redface: Went for a bike ride this morning, did a bit with free weights last night. Yey! Craving chocolate though..
(edited 12 years ago)
It can be quite sedating so I imagine at night would be best.

yeah but when at night? also i'm pretty sick of feeling like (however it is) so i kind of want to take it now so i can go to sleep and ****ing hopefully i'll feel more normal tomorrow? maybe? pls :puppyeyes:
yeah but when at night? also i'm pretty sick of feeling like (however it is) so i kind of want to take it now so i can go to sleep and ****ing hopefully i'll feel more normal tomorrow? maybe? pls :puppyeyes:

A couple of hours before bed. I guess you could take it now then go to bed if you really wanted to. It's not that early.
Original post by charla
Just woke up. I'm really struggling with how tired I am all the time and just want to feel more normal, I don't know if this is a side effect of the citalopram or just the depression messing me up. Its like my M.E is back to its full blown scale.

How long have you been on the citalopram? It had the same effect on me when my dose was increased.

Why do I keep chickening out of telling my housemates I won't be there next year? I'm such a coward! :sigh:
Went across the road today for a takeaway, only about three people around but I suddenly felt really paranoid that they were all looking at me, like when you've just embarrassed yourself in a crowd or something. Keep feeling really anxious about it, even though the anxiety feelings that I'd been having had got a lot better since the citalopram. Now I'm actually nervous to go to the kitchen in case one of my housemates is there, I'm worried about being looked at, and they'll get upset if they think I'm ignoring them.
A couple of hours before bed. I guess you could take it now then go to bed if you really wanted to. It's not that early.

http://bipolar-disorder.emedtv.com/seroquel/seroquel-dosage.html

i have to take 300mg tonight and 600mg tomorrow, seems a bit high imo...
Original post by 35mm_
You're right but i've struggled with my eating disorder for about four years now. It seemed to be getting better whilst i've been in hospital but now i'm back in the community it seems to have become worse. I tried to eat yesterday (a few biscuits) but I just threw it straight back up :frown:

I'm sure you've tried everything over time but what about something like Complan which has all the nutrients you need in one drink. Expensive but quite good to sip at when you can't manage solid foods. The chocolate flavour is best.

Also, you can actually do without food for a while but make sure if you are not eating that you keep up your liquid intake... water etc and get some Diolyte (asap as you're already in need of it) from the chemist to make sure that your minerals and electrolytes don't go wrong.

Big hug
:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3392
http://bipolar-disorder.emedtv.com/seroquel/seroquel-dosage.html

i have to take 300mg tonight and 600mg tomorrow, seems a bit high imo...

You do have to jump it up like that initially, 600mg isn't unusual.. If you feel you the side effects are too bad once they have settled down you can always talk to your doctor about it.
How is everyone today?

Edit: Forgot! Had my physiotherapy appointment today. Looked at my ankle and basically said there's nothing wrong with it. Which blatantly isn't true because it HURTS. Sigh. Going back for a check-up in about 2 weeks.
Going to make a fair attempt at starting my assignment this weekend. I'm determined to pass this year (and my whole degree, to be honest) with at least a 2:1.
Trying SO hard to stay away from crisps and other nice things :redface: Went for a bike ride this morning, did a bit with free weights last night. Yey! Craving chocolate though..

I went to the counsellor today- felt like a big weight was lifted after speaking to her- I'm off sweet stuff for lent but I've decided to allow myself diet coke. At the weekend I am going to do my English lit essay- determined to get good A levels
Original post by Anonymous

Why do I keep chickening out of telling my housemates I won't be there next year? I'm such a coward! :sigh:

You are no such thing! Please stop putting yourself down, its not necessary :hugs:
Original post by Idle
You do have to jump it up like that initially, 600mg isn't unusual.. If you feel you the side effects are too bad once they have settled down you can always talk to your doctor about it.

i feel a lot calmer this evening... they are coming to see me tomorrow, do you think if i seem better they'll let me keep it at 300?
Reply 3396
i feel a lot calmer this evening... they are coming to see me tomorrow, do you think if i seem better they'll let me keep it at 300?

I was only put on 300mg, when I told them it was making me too sleepy they put cut it to 250 which did the same so I was taken off it. They might ask you to try 600 and see how it goes..
Well...that was a waste of time. :sigh:

Not sure what I expected them to do but I've tried too many different drugs and I'm already on really high dosages so he's not going to do anything about them. Sleep? Well that's a bugger apparently but again I've tried too many different drugs so we're going to try one I've tried and had no luck with before. Also got the number for the crisis team and a referral to a hearing voices group, whatever that is. Anyone been to one? Also got offered hospital...no ****ing way in hell.

Hearing Voices groups are becoming more common, the medical profession is beginning to learn that the widespread use of antipsychotics isn't always the most beneficial route when it comes to many people who have psychosis. For many years the approach has been not to talk about strange experiences and instead medicate the problem into the background, now things are beginning to open up and patients are being encouraged to discuss what it is they are experiencing. Hearing Voices groups are typically non judgemental group settings, where people discuss their experiences and learn techniques for managing their experiences for instance living with them and reducing the severity of their impact upon a persons day to day life.

More info here: http://www.hearing-voices.org/information.html

The groups are typically linked to the wider InterVoice movement which aims to reduce stigma and fight for new and novel approaches for those who experience hearing voices.

Not everyone likes group settings... some do some don't. But it's worth going along to and seeing whether it's for you or not, many people have said positive things about hearing voices groups and my old CPN was always banging on about how great they are.
Brother gave me a call. I got triggered a while ago during those awful weeks I had when I went on FB and saw he had my uncle on it. Just seeing his face there was so painful and made things all the more real :pinch: And although my brother had taken the step to fix things by adding him, it hurt a little. BUT, my brother called and said that my uncle had been trying to talk to him more and be involved in his life, and also mentioned how he wants our family to be his 'new family' **** off :mad:. Made me so angry to hear that as opposed to making me upset. Anyway, my brother said he had deleted him off FB, and just told him that although HE has forgiven, he will never want him to be involved in his, mine or his family's life, never want to have 'conversations' with him, never want to have anything to do with him ever, so he can **** off. That bit made me smile :colonhash:

--------------------------------------------

Original post by Rich_183
I'm curious, when you are depressed do you tend to sleep more or less on average?

Some sleep more, some sleep less, some (like me) have periods of both. Generally messed, disturbed and screwed sleeping pattern. I, for example, have made a SSS (S Sleeping Scare. The first S is the first letter of my name. :colonhash:) Where 1 is basically insomnia and 10 is narcolepsy. Atm I'm pretty bad at a 3 :sad: But trying my hardest to move it to 5 :sadnod: My pattern is also SO ****ed up lately. :sigh:

Original post by superwolf
Want to post more about how I've been feeling but it would probably just get deleted again... :sad: Will try and keep it vaguer this time. Things really aren't good, and I don't know what to do about it. Went in to one lecture this week (didn't go at all the last week or so), constant bad thoughts, which I've also sometimes carried out, have avoided all emails from uni/family, feelings of panic at the thought of doing even small stuff like having a shower.

Need to make another appointment with the psychiatrist, and maybe hit the GP for some anti-anxiety meds.

Oh sorry it got deleted :console: Sorry things aren't good either. I'm a lot stronger atm so could handle you talking to me about what's been going on/how you've been feeling, so you can always Skype me if you want (or PM me) :hugs:

Hopefully :hugs:

Good to hear, and I'm getting there too, except for..blahhh feelings just too weird to describe. :puppyeyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
A song has the lyrics 'darling you wish you were red'

Spoiler

Fun times

Latest