The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Original post by Aemiliana
Thanks. I'm not really sure how DSA would be any help or even given to someone with depression though :erm:

They give you equipment and support.
I've got a mentor that I see once a week to help with work, I can see the mental health co-ordinator in the DSO and I've been given Dragon software, so if I'm in one of those moods where I can't type but I can talk I just speak into a microphone and what I say is typed for me (although tbh I usually have the opposite problem - find it really hard to talk but can drag fingertips across keys).
______

People finally went out so I crept down and got my beans. No appetite but I forced myself to eat them.
Goddamnit, I hate quetiapine.

Spoiler

I don't want to cry anymore, I hate it, I hate that I'm so weak and give in so easily, it's so hard to bloody fight this and I don't want to have to cry every single day for the rest of my life and live waiting for the next up. I genuinely think I'm all broken, I'm not normal, I'm not right, not like everyone else. I've fought self-loathing for ages, I've tried everything to make things better, but there's nothing much I feel there's left to exist for. I don't have anything, I don't have anyone. I would give anything to disappear, it's not worth it anymore
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

Spoiler just in case

Spoiler

Original post by FuzzySheep
Spoiler just in case

Spoiler

spoilered for the hell of it.

Spoiler

spoilered for the hell of it.

Spoiler

Hehe, I won't spoiler this.

I always find anything hot and milky helps with filling me up quite quickly for a few hours at least. Try more liquids and see how it goes. Though it sounds like you should maybe visit your GP if this has happened when you've taken the same AD before, if it's messing up your eating then it might be worth the trip. Hope you find something that works for you soon :smile:
Reply 5146
I don't want to cry anymore, I hate it, I hate that I'm so weak and give in so easily, it's so hard to bloody fight this and I don't want to have to cry every single day for the rest of my life and live waiting for the next up. I genuinely think I'm all broken, I'm not normal, I'm not right, not like everyone else. I've fought self-loathing for ages, I've tried everything to make things better, but there's nothing much I feel there's left to exist for. I don't have anything, I don't have anyone. I would give anything to disappear, it's not worth it anymore

Come on. Don't feel so negative. We are there for you. We will help you get better :smile: :hugs:

________

I'm still incredibly bored. But can't wait till tomorrow.
Original post by avhhs
I'm so bored and sick and tired of everything. Why can't my life be fun? Why can't there be anyone who I can go out with? :cry:

Hey, totally know what you mean. Feel so bored and lonely most of the time, just can't be ****ed at the moment! Here if you ever just want a general chat to keep you company (I can not be too boring some of the time :tongue: )
Hehe, I won't spoiler this.

I always find anything hot and milky helps with filling me up quite quickly for a few hours at least. Try more liquids and see how it goes. Though it sounds like you should maybe visit your GP if this has happened when you've taken the same AD before, if it's messing up your eating then it might be worth the trip. Hope you find something that works for you soon :smile:

Hot and milky? I might go for a cup of tea. Thanks for your advice.

The quetiapine seems to be helping so I don't want to stop taking it, I just want the appetite to sort itself out.
Reply 5149
Original post by chadders91
Hey, totally know what you mean. Feel so bored and lonely most of the time, just can't be ****ed at the moment! Here if you ever just want a general chat to keep you company (I can not be too boring some of the time :tongue: )

Thanks :hugs:. Its just that I don't know what to talk about :tongue:. And I feel a bit sleepy.
Original post by avhhs
Thanks :hugs:. Its just that I don't know what to talk about :tongue:. And I feel a bit sleepy.

Haha sorry, that wasn't meant to come across quite as 'ahhh talk to me' :colondollar: but no worries, just meant generally if you ever wanted t chat! but no worries :smile:

Spoiler

:hugs: I know that feeling so much. I found chewing gum helps me, thats what I try to do when I get hungry but I don't want to eat, but then I always fail and end up binging on like 1500 calories worth of chocolate digestives :colondollar:
Reply 5152
Haha sorry, that wasn't meant to come across quite as 'ahhh talk to me' :colondollar: but no worries, just meant generally if you ever wanted t chat! but no worries :smile:

Sorry :colondollar: just shows how much I struggle with understanding this social communication stuff :tongue:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: I know that feeling so much. I found chewing gum helps me, thats what I try to do when I get hungry but I don't want to eat, but then I always fail and end up binging on like 1500 calories worth of chocolate digestives :colondollar:

I ate 5 jaffa cakes...pretty close to chocolate digestives :colondollar:

I hadn't thought of chewing gum, that sounds like a really good idea, thanks! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I think my main problem at the moment is just going with how I feel. Just because on one certain day I don't feel as bad doesn't make the worse feelings any less valid.

Thank you :hugs:

How have you been?

Yeah I understand, can be hard. :hugs:

Ok thanks, went to the cinema with a friend that came to visit then had a chinese takeaway with the family and got a few presents. :tongue:
Finally managed to tell my mum about aspergers, her reaction was better than I expected, she sort of said it would explain some things.
Original post by avhhs
Sorry :colondollar: just shows how much I struggle with understanding this social communication stuff :tongue:.

Nah don't worry about it, I am just as bad, hence why it came across slightly like I was trying to make you talk to me :colondollar: talking to people can be rather **** I fail epically at it so I totally understand :smile:
Reply 5156
Nah don't worry about it, I am just as bad, hence why it came across slightly like I was trying to make you talk to me :colondollar: talking to people can be rather **** I fail epically at it so I totally understand :smile:

:hugs:

Spoiler

I had a friend who drank water when hungry who said it worked for them *shrug*
Reply 5158
Feeling a little paranoid today. Used a different florist to order mothers day flowers this year as mum is away from home for a while and I am convinced that they will mess up and not deliver the flowers or worse that they will use my card details and empty my account. How stupid is that:ashamed2:
Reply 5159
Original post by Wheek
Feeling a little paranoid today. Used a different florist to order mothers day flowers this year as mum is away from home for a while and I am convinced that they will mess up and not deliver the flowers or worse that they will use my card details and empty my account. How stupid is that:ashamed2:

Its not stupid.... in fact there fairly valid things to consider. All you can do is try and not let them get to you. :smile:

Latest