The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by thatsthebadger93
I wouldn't read too much into the text tbh, he's probably not quite sure what to say and quite tired too. Good that he's well enough to be texting though :smile:
Try not to stress about the results too much, I know that's easy for me to say :tongue: A day off sounds like a good idea, no point going in if you're not gonna manage to do any work.

Spoiler

Thats what I was thinking, and yea indeed that s good news :smile: I don't know whats been happening today though, although I dropped a text to another friend asking for an update and she just said she texted him a few times and he 'sounds fine', so thats all I know ^^

Haha :P Nice to hear somebody who isn't even on the same line as 'oh my god you have to go in, think of everything you will miss bla bla bla' bullcrap! Im taking tomorrow off too since I'm just waaay not in the mood. Will catch up thurs and fri .. hopefully

Spoiler

Hope your well :smile: thanks again :hugs:
Reply 581
Original post by abc101
I feel so lonely.

I'm at home on my own, I have no one to hug me which is what I need right now, and my closest friends haven't been answering my calls or texts. I just really need someone to talk to, to not be on my own :frown: I just feel like I don't matter to anyone. I know I matter to my family, and they're the most important thing, but I don't feel like I matter to anyone else, which wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so many people who matter to me.

I really hate being alone.

I know what you mean hun, though I'm the opposite.. when I'm around people e.g. school I want to just be in a room alone/home, but when I'm home alone ect I just end up turning off all the lights and sitting in a corner wishing I was with people :colondollar:

We just gotta remember that people do love us, and even if our friends don't show it often or even at all, they still do love us since they are our friends after all and would otherwise not talk to us

PM If you need a chat :smile:
Original post by rmhumphries

Was it an assessmenty type appointment, or an actual proper appointment? If it was the first of many appointments, don't throw away hope, things can take time but still be helpful :hugs:

Not losing hope at all, yeah it was more of a 'let me ask you more questions' and 'are you going to try and kill yourself again' type of appointment, as opposed to a 'let's tackle your problems' type of one :tongue: she did tell me I might also be getting a psychologist so yay me :dance:

Original post by Angury

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Idle
Night at home on thursday woop.

Yes! That's awesome to hear :smile:
For people here who have dropped out of university/taken a year out: what did you do when you left? I'm seriously considering it at the moment, but the main thing stopping me is that I just...have no clue what to do other than my degree. I'm not happy with university, but I dunno how much of that is just down to depression. A large part of me wants to just have a job and read and learn things on the side, rather than be a full-time student, but I really don't want to move back home and I don't know how I'd really do for money. Ugh.
I really should be sleeping. :sigh:

Happy February everyone by the way. :smile:
I know :zomg: Another thing we have in common :tongue:
Original post by ViceVersa
I really should be sleeping. :sigh:

Happy February everyone by the way. :smile:

join the club! my body won't let me sleep though :erm:

ah well, February...all this really means to me is Six Nations Rugby lol
Original post by SciFiBoy

Original post by SciFiBoy
join the club! my body won't let me sleep though :erm:

ah well, February...all this really means to me is Six Nations Rugby lol

Then please help us count. We might have a chance for a change :rolleyes:

Lol :smile:
Original post by ViceVersa
Then please help us count. We might have a chance for a change :rolleyes:

Lol :smile:

okies! :smile:
Reply 589
I'm struggling to suppress my excitement at my potential release in case the staff interpret it as mania.:njnja:
Original post by Nut.
I'm struggling to suppress my excitement at my potential release in case the staff interpret it as mania.:njnja:

Yay, happy you'll be released soon! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
^^^Wow, this must be the first ever time in 2 years I've seen a troll comment in this thread :s-smilie:. I don't have a useful comeback that's worth it though.

I think quite a few people I know genuinely think those kinds of things about depression :s-smilie:
Original post by LostHorizons
For people here who have dropped out of university/taken a year out: what did you do when you left? I'm seriously considering it at the moment, but the main thing stopping me is that I just...have no clue what to do other than my degree. I'm not happy with university, but I dunno how much of that is just down to depression. A large part of me wants to just have a job and read and learn things on the side, rather than be a full-time student, but I really don't want to move back home and I don't know how I'd really do for money. Ugh.

I'm currently on a year out. I was going to do an apprenticeship, but I got rejected from everything I applied to and then lost interest in trying anymore. I've also been trying to get a job, though mind you it is very difficult to get one, and I have no idea when things will improve so keep that in mind. As of recently after difficult searching since September I do now have a very part time paid job, but I'm still looking to work for more hours. I also have a few volunteering jobs which are a good use of my time. I also live at home and it really isn't all that bad :p: - although I don't know what it's like for you though.

If you really think staying in uni isn't going to do you much good, then maybe it would be a good idea to take a break from it to refresh yourself? You can always go back when you're more ready. I admit my break form education at the moment is rather quite refreshing for me :yep:
Original post by Nice Marmite
I think quite a few people I know genuinely think those kinds of things about depression :s-smilie:

Yeah. It's quite sad though - people should be more informed about this stuff! The only mental health learning I got from school was a day's workshop in Year 12. It was good for what it was, but there were people who'd left the school by then! Like sex education, well-informed lessons about mental health should be taught earlier at school to help break down these prejudices and stigma :yep:
Just got a call from one of my friends saying "You should really stop skipping school". It isn't like that! Is that what they all think? :sad:

Skip taking it slow, guess I'm going in tomorrow then :sigh:

What makes it soo much harder with my friends is that there's only so much questions I can answer, which makes it all seem even more suspicious :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
ugh headache ugh scary registering at the doctors ugh can't be bothered with group although it's kind of great

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 596
I'm being released! :woo:

Got leave for a week, seeing home team for the next few days, then reassessment by psych next Wednesday.
(edited 12 years ago)

Original post by Nut.

Got leave for a week, seeing home team for the next view days, then reassessment by psych next Wednesday.

Yes well done! :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by Nut.

Got leave for a week, seeing home team for the next view days, then reassessment by psych next Wednesday.

:woo::woo::woo:
Original post by Nut.

Got leave for a week, seeing home team for the next few days, then reassessment by psych next Wednesday.

Wooooooo! :five:

Latest