The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by Phoenix07
Ah fair enough, I got to the point where I had to go on it to, it isn't that bad though hun! Just helps get you through the day I find!

Finally got internet back woop woop :smile: but going back out to my sisters on my own now :frown:

I hope you stay very good to hun :smile: I like it better when you're happy :hugs:

haha fair enough then hun, that does sound a bit off bless you but its always easy to think these things up after the time has passed :tongue:

Still not done much of the work at all :/ should really start at somepoint but meh! Hope you manage to get your work done though hun :smile:

:hugs: :biggrin:

I'm not really in a hurry to get on medication.

Good to hear that! :smile: I'm sure you're going to have fun at your sister's.

Omg thank you :hugs: :love:

Yeah I suppose I should be happy for even getting that :tongue:.

I think i'm about to start my work now.

:hugs:
Original post by ViceVersa

Maybe :sadnod:

Obviously you know better than I do whether they were genuinely trying to be helpful or whether they're just being ridiculously insensitive, but I'd thought I'd mention the mindfulness thing in case that was what they were going for. Hope you're doing ok :smile:
I don't know if I can do the internet anymore, it's like a constant cycle of reminders of what other people are/have and what I'm not and don't have, if that makes sense but because I have no friends near me it's the only way to see how they are :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
You are not at all pathetic, I highly doubt you asked to be like you are. :hugs:
If he asked you to go back and see him then I can't see him being annoyed or asking why you're there. People go to the doctors all the time when they are fine and you are not one of those people whatsoever.
Not nonsense at all, :console:

Getting fed up of feeling guilty for everything I feel. I still feel like I don't want to be around anymore, even with this hint of positivity. Surely I should want to keep trying but I don't. I don't ever really remember valuing my life, even when I was little. Just read something about a grandaughter and her grandmother and started tearing up. It'll be 7 years since she died in October and I just need to get the hell over it. People die all the time, why do I have to kick up such a big fuss about it.
^^ My current thought process, apologies :colondollar:

I guess hopefully, just don't know what I have to say to him.

Must be hard. :console:
Hopefully that will change one day. :hugs:
It's perfectly normal, if you love someone doesn't matter how long it's been you're still going to miss them. You should just try to let yourself feel what you need to and not be too harsh on yourself. :hugs:
No need :tongue:
Reply 5984
I am going to start a big cleanup of my computer. For the last year, i've just been dumping stuff everywhere. A lot of it happened due to my GCSE Photography deadlines. But today I have decided that enough is enough. I am going to do it, no matter how long it takes. I actually did quite a bit exactly 4 months ago (seen by looking in the recycle bin :tongue:) but there is still a lot to do.

Will post back later on how far I get. Also need to sort out other stuff, like my drawer (especially after my dad moved everything almost 4 months ago).
Original post by avhhs
I'm not really in a hurry to get on medication.

Good to hear that! :smile: I'm sure you're going to have fun at your sister's.

Omg thank you :hugs: :love:

Yeah I suppose I should be happy for even getting that :tongue:.

I think i'm about to start my work now.

:hugs:

The main reason I went on medication was because it had got to the point where I couldn't leave the house at all without having a panic attack and I was going to be a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding, and I didn't want to **** that up for her!

Yer but my sister isn't there so I am looking after the cat by myself, but should be ok :smile:

Haha you should be happy with the attention fool :tongue: I never get attention from anyone haha tis good times lol!

Well I would like you to be happy you are a lovely lad :smile: just gotta stay positive! and goodluck with the work, make sure you get it done! gotta do mine tonight / tomorrow! :hugs:
Reply 5986
Original post by Phoenix07
The main reason I went on medication was because it had got to the point where I couldn't leave the house at all without having a panic attack and I was going to be a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding, and I didn't want to **** that up for her!

Yer but my sister isn't there so I am looking after the cat by myself, but should be ok :smile:

Haha you should be happy with the attention fool :tongue: I never get attention from anyone haha tis good times lol!

Well I would like you to be happy you are a lovely lad :smile: just gotta stay positive! and goodluck with the work, make sure you get it done! gotta do mine tonight / tomorrow! :hugs:

I can understand why you did go on medication :console:. Hope you feel better now! :smile:

Sounds quite boring! :biggrin:

Lool i'm happy :smile:. I'm sure you look much better than me too!

Thanks :jumphug:. I would really love it if you were happy too! I still haven't started it :colondollar:.
Original post by Webberino
I guess hopefully, just don't know what I have to say to him.

Must be hard. :console:
Hopefully that will change one day. :hugs:
It's perfectly normal, if you love someone doesn't matter how long it's been you're still going to miss them. You should just try to let yourself feel what you need to and not be too harsh on yourself. :hugs:
No need :tongue:

You could mention that he said to see him and he might take it from there :hugs:

I suppose so, just frustrating sometimes.
my grand-dad recently died of a mass heart attack and i want to do something for him like raising money for other people who have had heart attacks so i want to do something for the British heart foundation but my mum is finding it really difficult to cope right now and i think this is my way of getting through this but i don't want to put pressure on my mum, what should i do? :confused:

and i also need ideas of things that i could do or is there anything i could do for the British heart foundation like blankets and excreta?

i also think i would like to sign up as an organ Donner what are your views on this?
i feel so crap about what happened at the weekend :frown: things were going alright and it just didn't need to happen. i texted people involved to apologise and one texted back all "please don't come round again" like (A) I would ****ing WANT TO COME ROUND IF I WASN'T ILL and (B) like him texting me saying "please don't come round again" would actually make any difference to me if i was Manic On A Mission? I mean is he dense, is this the density i have to deal with day in day out?

and now i am at my mum's for a couple of days and the police were over and they are taking my brother away for definite :frown:

just meh ****ing meh, i want a happy life for 5 minutes
i genuinely just don't understand how it even got so out of hand so fast? like how do i get to change my mind about all these things and for it all to seem like a good idea :frown:
Feeling so depressed its awful. Got rejected from Keele after interview, yet another fail to add to the long list of failures in my life. Im 25 and just want to get on in life, and I keep getting knocked back. Got leeds medicine and Kings Biomed left to hear from. If I get rejected from them, I may feel like I want to jump off a cliff.
Reply 5992
I can't believe my mood has gone down. I don't even feel like doing homework now. I'm going to get into trouble tomorrow because I didn't go school today.

Why can't I be normal? Why do I have the most boring life ever? :sad:
Original post by Mon.MD
Feeling so depressed its awful. Got rejected from Keele after interview, yet another fail to add to the long list of failures in my life. Im 25 and just want to get on in life, and I keep getting knocked back. Got leeds medicine and Kings Biomed left to hear from. If I get rejected from them, I may feel like I want to jump off a cliff.

Know how you feel. I feel like throwing myself off a bridge and land in a canal somewhere. I cba with my life anymore. could never do it though. I know what you feel like.

btw- you are not failure, look at the positives in your life. trust me, you will get somewhere in life.

Me, on the other hand, I destroyed my life.
Original post by avhhs
I can understand why you did go on medication :console:. Hope you feel better now! :smile:

Sounds quite boring! :biggrin:

Lool i'm happy :smile:. I'm sure you look much better than me too!

Thanks :jumphug:. I would really love it if you were happy too! I still haven't started it :colondollar:.

Well I didn't notice a difference on medication but those around me said that I seemed calmer so who knows :smile:

haha no no, I am sure you are much better looking than me hun :tongue: well it doesn't matter if you are having issues, you should just explain to your teachers about how difficult you are finding everything atm, they will understand it all :hugs:

Sorry to hear your moods gone back down though :frown: anything I can do to help cheer you up? :hugs:
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Know how you feel. I feel like throwing myself off a bridge and land in a canal somewhere. I cba with my life anymore. could never do it though. I know what you feel like.

btw- you are not failure, look at the positives in your life. trust me, you will get somewhere in life.

Me, on the other hand, I destroyed my life.

Why do you feel like you destryed your life? xx
Original post by Mon.MD
Why do you feel like you destryed your life? xx

I dont wanna say on here in a public forum but essentially a) personal stuff and b) God ain't helping me , and duno where the big guy is.

I ruined my life and there is no hope for me. :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 5997
Got to type up a 2500 word report for physics and chem, Microsoft word just crashed and the physics file has been lost, I spent my whole weekend on that!!! I'm actually ragin', I cried for a bit and lost my temper on my siblings, now I have to start again :frown:
To top it off, I'm failing all my chem NABs and my mums been on my case about how I'm such a failure and how I'm never gonna survive the 'real' world, why does my life suck?!!
Original post by The_Male_Melons
I dont wanna say on here in a public forum but essentially a) personal stuff and b) God ain't helping me , and duno where the big guy is.

I ruined my life and there is no hope for me. :frown::frown::frown:

I know that feel.

When all is said and done only you can effect change in your life though. You know how you destroyed it so you know how you could possibly fix it (in many cases). If you don't try you will just slide evermore towards a place you can't drag yourself back from. If you find that a "god" (or the notion of) can help you then so be it, but waiting for it to "send you a sign" or somesuch won't help. The world is a sad place full of injustice and tears but there is always hope, even if you can't quite feel it at the moment. For you it may be your god, for others the eyes of their children and for many tomorrow brings hope if only the hope of an abdication from all that is today. It really is up to you to find your hope because without that we do have nothing, and may as well fade into history.

In short: just get drunk and cry it out. ^^
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5999

Spoiler

Latest