The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hey i didnt know where to go with this so im not sure if this is the right place but im just in a really really bad place right now and i dont know what to do. for the past 4 months especially with school and my family, i just feel really bad all the time, every second of the day, i probably failed my exams thanks to this, and an hour ago my dad (who i havent talkked to in almost two years due to him claiming all i was going to be when i was older was a prostitute, silly i know but i still cant get over that even that) said that i should just commit suicide already and that the world would be better off without me. i dont know what i have but my parents say that im insane but i am not allowed to see a doctor.

my dad said he wants me to continue to be miserable and mad because he enjoys it, and both my parents want to tell everyone they know that im insane just for gossiping purposes (as they said) just to make sure i feel worse. they want me to die. its strange, my mum was just at my school talking to my teacher, on the way home she said she loved me and would never hurt me, but the second we got home she just turned around completely?

i dont know how to explain all this stuff and theres a lot more but im just really really upset right now and i have nobody else to talk to and if you guys have any advice for how to deal with all of this. i just really want to get out of here i just cant live here anymore i thought maybe id get into university so that i could be away from all of this but there is no way i can get good enough grades to escape now because im too stressed and upset to do well in my work, even though i used to be a good student. how do you cope please please how do i cope with this i dont want to live i dont want to live but i never have the guts to actually go through with suicide, and i dont want to die but i still dont want to live at the same time? i know suicide isnt the answer but those times i was being irrational, i want to know a way to escape this without dying.

and i just want to escape how do i get away how can i survive this, is there any possible way i can get good grades and live in university away from all this instead because i cant deal with this. i cant stay with other family members. but i cant do well in school either especially because i am also doing extra work than usual. i have no friends to talk to about this

i am sorry for the bad grammar and if this isnt in the right place but i am just so upset and its not fair i am sorry oh god what do i do

:console: That is really awful the way your parents treat you.
What I would really reccommend is going to your gp and explaining the situation and how your feeling and see what they can do for you. Your parents won't have to find out.
Numerous people cited the advice to have a bath, hot drink or go for a walk as being completely inadequate to the situation of someone who has come to the end of their resources.

Comes from a report by mind on crisis teams/crisis hotlines :rofl: So... what's the worst advice you've been given in these situations?
Reply 782
Original post by Noodlzzz
Numerous people cited the advice to have a bath, hot drink or go for a walk as being completely inadequate to the situation of someone who has come to the end of their resources.

Comes from a report by mind on crisis teams/crisis hotlines :rofl: So... what's the worst advice you've been given in these situations?

I've been told to "go to sleep and feel better in the morning" during a manic episode where I was considering the possibility that I could fly (because sleep is so easy when manic :rolleyes:). That was 4 years ago now though, the advice since has, admittedly, been of a higher quality.

Ah I remember reading this in the guardian.

My best one was "well.......we can't stop you".

Needless to say that evening didn't end well.
YEAH, i think i will not call them actually. thanks thread.
Original post by ParadoxSocks

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Imperial is crazy hard to get into so don't be hard on yourself. They have so many applicants that even awesome people can be rejected. It's not a reflection on you at all, okay? *hugs*

Thank you. And hugs about your lecture :console:

Original post by littleshambles

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 786
YEAH, i think i will not call them actually. thanks thread.

The vast majority of my communications with the crisis team have actually been to tell me to phone the out of hours doctors in Norwich, who tell me to go to the Community Hospital to see an out of hours GP and get meds or support if needed.

Obviously crisis team competence will vary depending on where you are and even on which person answers the phone, but if you think you need them, it's worth giving them a call in my opinion. :hugs:
Original post by Nut.
The vast majority of my communications with the crisis team have actually been to tell me to phone the out of hours doctors in Norwich, who tell me to go to the Community Hospital to see an out of hours GP and get meds or support if needed.

Obviously crisis team competence will vary depending on where you are and even on which person answers the phone, but if you think you need them, it's worth giving them a call in my opinion. :hugs:

i feel better now, i just have difficulty riding these things out. i just forgot about the possible negatives etc.

Original post by ViceVersa

Spoiler

i've been meant to go back to the GP for a while and i think if i make it to tomorrow that's what i'll try to do. if it gets worse again today i will call them.

thank you thread (that other post wasn't sarcastic btw, well it was sarcastic about the crisis team :colonhash: but other than that not).

i've been meant to go back to the GP for a while and i think if i make it to tomorrow that's what i'll try to do. if it gets worse again today i will call them.

thank you thread (that other post wasn't sarcastic btw, well it was sarcastic about the crisis team :colonhash: but other than that not).

Sounds like a damn good plan :top:

"I think you should self harm and then go to bed"
Reply 790
Original post by bullettheory
"I think you should self harm and then go to bed"

Now that, I would call negligent.
Original post by Nut.
Now that, I would call negligent.

Hmm..

I remember reading once that in my trust, there was a staff survey and staff were asked "Would you recommend the service to friends or family?", and I can't remember the exact %, but it was the lowest of all MH trusts in the country if I remember correctly. And the crisis team who said that to me, were in the news the other month for repeated failings. So pretty much, my trust sucks balls.
Reply 792
Original post by bullettheory
Hmm..

I remember reading once that in my trust, there was a staff survey and staff were asked "Would you recommend the service to friends or family?", and I can't remember the exact %, but it was the lowest of all MH trusts in the country if I remember correctly. And the crisis team who said that to me, were in the news the other month for repeated failings. So pretty much, my trust sucks balls.

:hugs: man that sucks.

I wish the government would take mental health seriously and bring all the services really up to scratch.
I did a very 'proud of you' thing tonight :proud:

Will not give full disclosure until tomorrow though :noway:

:ninjagirl:

:tongue:
Reply 794
Original post by ViceVersa
I did a very 'proud of you' thing tonight :proud:

Will not give full disclosure until tomorrow though :noway:

:ninjagirl:

:tongue:

Did you find a way to incapacitate all the mods for the Count to 100 Thread? :teeth:

Original post by Nut.
Did you find a way to incapacitate all the mods for the Count to 100 Thread? :teeth:

Not that :nah: :smug: Though, AGI and I, and the rest of us, may just be planning something similar to what you suggested, that might make that a second 'proud of you' thing :proud:

:colone:
Original post by Nut.
:hugs: man that sucks.

I wish the government would take mental health seriously and bring all the services really up to scratch.

That is the dream really. Some are great, some are terrible. No more postcode lottery would be so good.
Reply 797
I've got a psychiatrist appointment in 45 minutes, I really don't want to go :frown: I'm tired- haven't had a proper night's sleep since about November, and I'm fed up of going from place to place and nothing being done. I keep trying and keep getting sent from place to place. I actually don't know why I keep bothering :emo:

Edit:

Except the guy has gastro-flu and isn't in today, so no appointment for me. Obviously it's not good that he's ill, but.. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 798
Yay! Finally starting to do some heavy exercises :woo:

:sexface: figure, here I come!

:biggrin:
Reply 799
I'm tidying out a ****load of stuff from my room so that when my parents come on Sunday they can take it back home. I bought so many clothes with me that I just haven't worn, and loads and loads and loads of cooking equipment, when all I use is a wok and two spatulas :facepalm:.

Apparently my dad is concerned that bringing my budgie up to see me might be distressing for him. :sigh: He was the only real reason that I agreed to let them come up and see me.

Latest