The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
I SWEAR the world is full of idiots and just generally stupid people.. These are my most recent editions.

Case 1: One of my ex's friends tells her I have been trying to contact her, which I haven't done. I send her a polite message on FB asking why she has said I have tried to contact her when I haven't, she blocks me. Awesome.

Case 2: A person I talk to now and again on here I PM'd, didn't get a reply so I asked if I had pissed them off and apparently if I randomly message them every few months then it's a bit weird thinking what to say. Even though I have only known them for like 4 months and talked most days for 2 months until I got ill and ended up in hospital, I explained that and didn't get a reply.

People are ****ing :dunce:s
Original post by superwolf
Do not feel good. Got an email from the DSO basically saying there's nothing they can do about my accommodation-related problems except move me to another flat (which will only solve half the problem, the other half being that I really seriously need someone around me all the time right now, as I don't think I'd be at all safe otherwise, and there's no way I'm going into hospital - and the one person in a position to help me has now been banned from coming to see me). They mentioned the support I'm supposed to be getting from the crisis team (even after they eventually accepted my referral I still never heard back from them), and said in addition to that I should contact some random charity, and that SAAS won't fund a mentor for me. :sad: Been looking at the charity's website, but there's no way to tell from it whether they'll actually be of any use to me. Also got given the halls warden's contact details, but I fail to see how that's going to stop me harming myself.

Spoiler

Moving to another flat sounds like a good idea,that environment doesn't sound at all good for you right now. I think you should get in touch with the crisis team yourself and see wtf is going on. You've only got to wait a little bit longer until you see the psychiatrist.

Spoiler

Sorry, totally unhelpful but that's what sleep deprivation does.
Reply 1782

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do not feel good. Got an email from the DSO basically saying there's nothing they can do about my accommodation-related problems except move me to another flat (which will only solve half the problem, the other half being that I really seriously need someone around me all the time right now, as I don't think I'd be at all safe otherwise, and there's no way I'm going into hospital - and the one person in a position to help me has now been banned from coming to see me). They mentioned the support I'm supposed to be getting from the crisis team (even after they eventually accepted my referral I still never heard back from them), and said in addition to that I should contact some random charity, and that SAAS won't fund a mentor for me. :sad: Been looking at the charity's website, but there's no way to tell from it whether they'll actually be of any use to me. Also got given the halls warden's contact details, but I fail to see how that's going to stop me harming myself.

Spoiler

I'm probably not going to help but just wanted to say I can really relate :hugs: I'm not completely alone as I do have my bf, but I still feel so overwhelmed and unsafe wherever I go, which is really mostly at home :frown:

Spoiler

Missed my levture because I over slept. Probably doesn't even matter but I just feel like such a stupid loser :frown:
Reply 1785
Original post by bullettheory
Missed my levture because I over slept. Probably doesn't even matter but I just feel like such a stupid loser :frown:

:console:
You're not a loser mate :hugs: It's ok; can you try to get the notes from blackboard or from friends? Maybe play catch-up with them as well.
Reply 1786
Starting to think that diazepam withdrawal is the reason why it's suddenly taking me 4 hours to fall asleep. Nothing else has changed recently.

I've been prescribed lorazepam, but surely that will just delay/mask the problem?
Original post by kka25
:console:
You're not a loser mate :hugs: It's ok; can you try to get the notes from blackboard or from friends? Maybe play catch-up with them as well.

:hugs: The lecturer just reads out of the book, so I will probably just read that. It's theory of computation which aint too bad. Walked all the way to my Analysis lecture and it was cancelled, so I left, so end up missing Linear Algebra too, but I don't have time to just sit around waiting for people not to show up.

Spoiler

:hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
God I hope these new sleeping pills work, I need a break so ****ing badly.

Went to the supermarket today and they were announcing stuff on the intercom about my personal life. Never in all my life have I done my shopping so fast. So ****ing embarrassing. I don't know their plan yet but I'm going to work it out. :mad: So far it seems to be to embarrass and humiliate me at every turn.

I hope that they work for you :hugs:

Try to keep in mind that you didn't think it was real when they were talking about you on the intercom before, and it is very likely to not be real this time either. (sorry can't be more help atm)

Spoiler

****. x about 20.

I take it that it can't be sorted so that your friend can come and see you again / more than normally allowed if you moved flat? Gah, some people are useless. Want to speak to Carole, mine and Paradox's disability women person? She sounds much more useful!

Why won't SAAS fund a mentor for you? SFE does my case, and other people's cases I am sure.

Original post by ViceVersa
Yeah, I think I might do that, because now I'm even paranoid that every time they're both looking at me and whispering it's about what a cruel and selfish person I am :sigh: I have no idea of knowing if that really are doing that or not :afraid: It is definitely making me feel terrible :sadnod: I might just do both of those suggestions, thank you. :hugs:

Well, two plans is better than one I am sure - I hope that it helps you feel better :hugs:

Original post by bananaterracottapie
thanks :biggrin: i would like to say from an experimental recipe

but its actually from this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVScfpKTre4

and thanks cherrycherryboomboom :smile: (sorry i dont know how to do multiple quotes):hugs:....

Excellent song :yy:

Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
If you'll all have me :colondollar: Thanks I hope so too :smile: Good luck with your thing tomorrow (and the rest of the weekend) :hugs: Personally I found doing the Saturday Night dance helps when being alone gets too much but understandably it doesn't work for everyone :tongue:

Of course we will :h:

Hmm, well I doubt my appointment can go that badly -> maybe just uselessly. I am gonna be busy tomorrow and Sunday, as have an important bowling tournament, although that could be bad for me when I am alone in the evenings if I do badly. Will have to see I guess....

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm completely heartbroken that I can't go. I need to find somebody to replace me now too :frown: Means I'll have more money for adventures/hunting everyone down :biggrin:

I'm never going back to Asda again. They've applied a voucher to my account but I won't use it. They were awful. Tesco delivered a few dented tins that I didn't realise until I was putting them away though. May have cried about it earlier.

I have a lecture that I have to leave for now but I'll quickly PM you the stuff I'm stuck with. You're really going to laugh. Think I'm just having a delicate week :frown:

True, we still need to meet up for a coffee some time soon!

Hmm, I would say try using Asda at some point when you are feeling a bit stronger to get the free credit, but use it on a supplementary shop, so if they do **** up again, you still have food.

I will have at look at your PM as soon as I am able to think properly - hopefully at some point today :hugs:

Yeah I've been trying all that, south park every night but it doesn't seem to be working. Hopefully these new sleeping tablets will do the trick.

Just got off the phone with them. The referral has been sent and the consultant has it atm and is marking how important it is. Might know tomorrow when I can get seen. The receptionist said for unimportant cases the wait is 7 weeks....**** that I'd go private. ****ing useless ****ing NHS.

Good luck! :hugs:

Let us know how the new tablets go

Hmm, well it is urgent :| If the consultant says it is unimportant, you be a good boy, and go A&E at another hospital, yes? When will you know?

Original post by kka25
aw :hugs:

but I still don't like Pikachu. :colonhash:

I like you though :h:

You can have my shiny Starmie :cool:

But I need it back if Sabertooth decides to use his fire Pokemon for battle :awesome:

:sad:

If Dr Adams doesn't have a solution for you, I'm going to ask my Starmie to HydroPump his ass.

If you're bored during the weekend, PM me! We could battle our Pokemons as well :biggrin:

Pikachu is cute though!

Tis ok, I still like you as well :jumphug: I am sure you can beat Saber, even Superwolf could I think! :tongue:

We will see, about Dr Adams. As I still, bowling during the days, but it is the evenings that I might be down - will have to see...

Original post by FuzzySheep
What a terrible day :sigh: I could just sleep for a week now.

Dad is off to live with my grandma for a bit. He'll come back on Sunday, she assured my mum, with an apology. So, no police for now. Feel guilty.

Don't feel guilty, you haven't done anything wrong, and remember you are not looking out for yourself, but your sister. Stay strong, don't blame yourself for things that are not your fault!
Original post by rmhumphries
Let us know how the new tablets go

Hmm, well it is urgent :| If the consultant says it is unimportant, you be a good boy, and go A&E at another hospital, yes? When will you know?

No sleep still.

Just got off the phone - going blind isn't urgent. :h: I love the NHS. I have an appointment in 6 weeks.
mental health appointment went okay I think, gonna get extra counselling and they are putting me on Mirtazapine? anyone know/had any experience with this stuff? :/

idk, hopefully it will help anyway.
Reply 1791
Original post by bullettheory
:hugs: The lecturer just reads out of the book, so I will probably just read that. It's theory of computation which aint too bad. Walked all the way to my Analysis lecture and it was cancelled, so I left, so end up missing Linear Algebra too, but I don't have time to just sit around waiting for people not to show up.

He just reads it out of the book? Literally read the bloody book!? :mad:

Can you take my shoe and throw at him? I despise such educator. Waste of our time, money, effort and energy :angry:

Make sure you do your reading aite, and consult google and youtube if you have any questions :smartass:

Original post by rmhumphries
Well, two plans is better than one I am sure - I hope that it helps you feel better :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: I hope you're okay too :jumphug:

Spoiler

I'm sorry guys. :frown:
Reply 1794

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by SeaJay

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1796

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by SeaJay

Spoiler

No, there's no one nearby. :frown: I'm going to call the number you gave me, I need to talk to someone.

Latest