The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury PGCE 2012

Scroll to see replies

It says on the site that the placement form has to be sent by 1 August 2012 at the latest. I'm guessing we will find out our student ids before then? Doesn't look like there's a rush!
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Just found out I got an unconditional place on the Primary PGCE (3-7) I can't wait!
Reply 22
Original post by albionlegend
It says on the site that the placement form has to be sent by 1 August 2012 at the latest. I'm guessing we will find out our student ids before then? Doesn't look like there's a rush!

Aye I know, but I'm leaving the country for a few months and won't be back until June (at the earliest) so I won't be able to send it off as soon as I get the ID. Just praying it's not a "First come, First serve" situation, in which case I'll have to get someone in Blighty to send it off for me. :P
Reply 23
I've had nothing through the post yet. Just unconditional on gttr (accepted).

That's been about two weeks since the offer, do you guys think I should call and ask about a letter
Reply 24
Original post by pauljon
I've had nothing through the post yet. Just unconditional on gttr (accepted).

That's been about two weeks since the offer, do you guys think I should call and ask about a letter

If it's been two weeks since you got a notification from the GTTR site, I'd say it might be an idea to call Christ Church and ask if the letter has been sent. Though I'd wait till the postman has been today. If you have no luck today, give them a call to find out what the situation is. It took my letter two weeks to arrive. :P

Though in actual fact, all the letter does is congratulate you and send you the following link: http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/courses/pgce/joining-instructions.asp
Original post by misspolkabee
Just found out I got an unconditional place on the Primary PGCE (3-7) I can't wait!

Congratulations!!
Reply 26
Original post by airlife
I. AM. AWESOME! =D

Hehe, just kidding. I already have my grades from Uni, so I guess that was the reason why they gave me an unconditional place. I was just surprised at the swiftness of their response! :s-smilie:

In terms of experience, I've just been volunteering at a local Primary School in Faversham since November last year. Before that, I haven't done any in terms of Primary School experience as I was at university. :P How about you?

Not got my grades yet (still in final year) but have been working in schools for 4 years doing different things so hopefully that will be enough!
Reply 27
Original post by ponpon14
Not got my grades yet (still in final year) but have been working in schools for 4 years doing different things so hopefully that will be enough!

4 years? Blimey, I can't see how they can't give you an offer considering I've only volunteered since November 2011. :s-smilie:
You should be fine ponpon14! I only had 14 days volunteering experience and I got on my course! :P
Reply 29
Hi everyone!
I´m starting PGCE Primary Languages (5-11) in September too :smile:
Hello! :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by misspolkabee

Congratulations!! Thats awesome for you. I have my interview for 3-7 Primary on 14th March and am sooooo nervous.
What kinda things did they ask in the interview? :s
My interview day for pgce primary 5-11 went sort of something like this:
CRB form filling out (chance to talk to other interviewees, it will help calm you down!)
Maths test (10 questions, 10 minutes, fractions, percentages, shapes as well as addition subtraction multiplication etc..)
Introduction talk about the course
Group presentation - given a question to talk about and present
Written test - Write about the presentation you just did.
Group interview - interviewer raises questions about education/school/teachers role etc, it's just a general chat really.
Finish!

Good luck!
Reply 33
:smile: Hello, I have just joined up! I am also starting the PGCE primary 5-11 at CCCU in September. Just wanted to say hello and see how everybody is really!
Hello!

Has anyone who's got on started to do student finance or the health questionnaire yet?
Reply 35
I have sorted out finance, was relatively pain free! Not done health questionnaire yet, think we have to leave that until about 3 months before course starts otherwise may be asked to do it again. I am sure I read that somewhere!
Reply 36
I'm just about to fill in the finance stuff. I could do with people to live with next year. If anyone is in the same boat feel free to message me on here or add me on

Facebook.com/paulwaller
Reply 37
Just got an interview for the 14th of March... Dead nervous, but really want to get the place!
Its for RE pgce :smile:
Reply 38
Aye, I'm waiting a while until I send off the Health Questionnaire in order to be counted within the three month time limit it has. As for finance, I'm not sure when I need to start applying for a loan to cover tuition payment. :s-smilie:
Reply 39
Original post by sarajane85
Hi everyone!
I´m starting PGCE Primary Languages (5-11) in September too :smile:

hi, congrats! i have an interview for this course in the next couple of weeks, did you have a languages test as part of the interview day?

Quick Reply

Latest