The Student Room Group

Another PGCE

Hi,
Has anyone ever done 2 PGCEs?
I did a PGCE-PCET in 2012, never got QTLS with it, never got a job in FE since so never got it.
I was told if you didn't do this within a certain window (I'm sure I was told 2 years) then it wasn't possible.

Anyway, fast forward to now, I've applied, successfully and accepted an offer for PGCE Primary with QTS, my provider know about the original PCET and have said they need to do some checking.... I'm hoping it's OK since I don't have the QTS.... student finance said they would fund another PGCE as I don't have the QTS....

I guess I'm just looking for some positive stories....

I'm aware I'll need to do all the work again and I'm absolutely fine with that!
Quite a rare thing, the checks will just be around the circumstances of your leaving the profession the first time (or more why you didn't complete induction). They will just want to make sure the reason wasn't due to misconduct that's all. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Quite a rare thing, the checks will just be around the circumstances of your leaving the profession the first time (or more why you didn't complete induction). They will just want to make sure the reason wasn't due to misconduct that's all. :smile:

Thank you, they've come back and said all is OK and they're proceeding with my offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending