The Student Room Group

Give Me Food Heaven, or Food Hell?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Cherry beats rhubarb flavour for me so HEAVEN.

Heaven: Cucumber Raita

Hell: Mango Chutney

Again I like both, but I'll give you heaven, because I like cucumbers and they're really refreshing and tasty.

HEAVEN: SALTED POPCORN
HELL: BUTTER POPCORN
Reply 1982
I don't think salted popcorn is deserving of a heavenly description (bit too dull and bland tasting), but since I destest butter popcorn I will go with your HEAVEN.

HEAVEN: Spicy chicken wings
HELL: Spare ribs
Hell, sorry but I actually really like BBQ ribs, a childhood favourite at TGI's.

Heaven: pieces of bacon in a salad
Hell: smokey bacon crisps
Hell, sorry..I bloody love those smokey bacon crisps! As well as bacon strips. Even if I get awful bacon burps, it's worth it. Crisps with a real flavour hit. Whereas bacon in a salad are either tiny insignificant cubes, or in Mcdonalds salad it's not crispy enough so just fails.

heaven: freddo bars
hell: black jack sweets
MEGA HEAVEN. Love a good Freddo, what a lovely smiley frog. Like the happy cousin of the Harry Potter chocolate frogs. Less magic more merry.

HEAVEN: SUGAR FREE JELLY
HELL: SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE
Reply 1986
Sugar is much more essential to chocolate than jelly so it's HEAVEN for you.

Heaven: Little bits of prawns in special fried rice

Hell: A meal centred around large prawns
Ah this is so hard. I love Chinese takeaways so much, and every takeaway involves a tub of special fried rice with it's mini prawny pieces. However, prawn main dishes can be delicious. Especially at posh restaurants, but at semi posh places too. HELL. I will usually go for prawns on a menu, due to my love of them. Usually in like white wine sauce, or chilli dressing etc. My dad also likes to make stir fry with them, and that's pretty nice!

HEAVEN: Thick milkshakes as a treat
HELL: Thick milkshake as the drink with your meal
Reply 1988
Heaven: sausage and mash with onion gravy. Every time :smile:

Hell: bananas, baked beans, caviar, dried fruit :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1989
I mentioned recently how milkshakes are too filling to have as a drink with fast food meals (even a mcd's milkshake with a big mac meal is inappropiate imo - the thick sweet creamyness doesn't compliment savoury foods and it's too filling, stick to fizzy drinks!). So HEAVEN. And In the moooovies milkshakes are often consumed on a standalone basis which seems right.

HEAVEN: Warm semolina pudding

HELL: Cold rice pudding
HELL. Purely because I have Rice Pudding far more, and although I love it hot mainly, cold is nice too! Especially when I'm too impatient to heat it... Muller Rice also have some lovely varieties of rice pudding from Apple Strudel to Maple Syrup to Banana and Toffee. And cute little 99 calorie pots too! It's just got more variety and I'm more accustomed to it.
- I'm not gonna lie, I don't 100% understand the difference between them both :s-smilie:

HEAVEN: CHOPPED HAZELNUTS ON ICE CREAM
HELL: WHOLE UNSALTED PISTACHIOS IN SALADS
Heaven! Whole unsalted pistachios? Blahh. Peanuts and walnuts are great in salads I think, but not those nuts, no way. Although I'd rather have the salad than the ice cream (savoury food obsessed person- no matter how bland the savoury dish may be).

Heaven: Double baked goats cheese souffle with balsamic reduction and rocket salad.

Hell: Mushroom omelette (makes me actually understand the common mushroom repulsion when they peek out of the yellowy mass like slugs of doom).
HELL. Not only do I love mushrooms, but in omelettes I think they're lovely too. I'm not the biggest fan of goats cheese.

HEAVEN: Gingerbread men
HELL: Plain crystalised ginger
Reply 1993
You can clearly have HEAVEN, Daniban, because crystallised ginger is like *does the face where your cheeks sook together, and your eyes do the >< thing*, whereas Gingerbread Men are more like "Yaaaaay! Look at me dismembering my delicious biscuit! GINGERBREAD TETRAPLEGIC!

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: EMPIRE BISCUIT

HELL: WHOLEMEAL SCONES WITH BLUE CHEESE BUTTER, HAM AND FIGGY JAM

I hate to do this. HELL for you. For one, I really do enjoy wholemeal flavoured products. For two, figgy jam is right up my alley..sweet/pickled tastes are my weakness and for three..I hate those damn cherries, sticky and icky! Icing isn't my favourite either.

HEAVEN: pizza slice that's a bit floppy
HELL: pizza slice slightly overdone and a bit black
HELL. I don't really like burnt pizza as such, but slightly overdone means its nice and crispy, and you can remove the slightly too burnt bits. Floppy pizza doesn't do it for me, I love it thin and crispy, especially for the crusts.

HEAVEN: HAM AND MELON STARTER
HELL: CHICKEN AND GRAPEFRUIT SALAD
Reply 1996
BOTH ARE HELL. What bizarre combinations - savoury and sweet - YUCK. It really is a 50-50 here. I will go for the HELL just because I feel chicken may do a better job of disguising the sweet flavour of fruit.

HEAVEN: Tomato chunks in dolmino's pasta sauce
HELL: Mushrooms and onions in dolmino's pasta sauce
Couldn't have just gone heaven to be nice huh? Melon and ham is good! Anyway, I LOVE the mushrooms in dolminos sauce, mainly because I just love mushrooms. I also love the tomato chunks though, so it's close. I'll give you HEAVEN, because the onions take the mushrooms down a bit. And I suppose you can add mushrooms to a tomatoey dolminos sauce, but you can't really add tomato chunks to a mushroom and onion one I guess..

HEAVEN: MAPLE AND PECAN PASTRY TWIST
HELL: SAVOURY SPICED PECANS
Original post by dani_1991
Couldn't have just gone heaven to be nice huh? Melon and ham is good! Anyway, I LOVE the mushrooms in dolminos sauce, mainly because I just love mushrooms. I also love the tomato chunks though, so it's close. I'll give you HEAVEN, because the onions take the mushrooms down a bit. And I suppose you can add mushrooms to a tomatoey dolminos sauce, but you can't really add tomato chunks to a mushroom and onion one I guess..

HEAVEN: MAPLE AND PECAN PASTRY TWIST
HELL: SAVOURY SPICED PECANS

Food Heaven definitely!! I make these at my work their awesome!!

HEAVEN: Cajun Spiced Battered Prawns with french fries
HELL: Mussels or Oysters.
Original post by peacey_pants
Food Heaven definitely!! I make these at my work their awesome!!

HEAVEN: Cajun Spiced Battered Prawns with french fries
HELL: Mussels or Oysters.

HELL: Bloody LOVE mussels and oysters and have been eating them since I was a young 'un. I love me some damn seafood, unadulterated so I HATE battered/deep fried seafoods. Tis a sin to Neptune's kingdom.

HEAVEN: Banana Split.
HELL: Churros

Quick Reply

Latest