The Student Room Group

In heaven and hell do we feel hunger and do we have to eat?

Title
I'll let you know when I get there
Reply 2
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
I'll let you know when I get there

I'm talking about interpretations of holy books, like what does your religion say about heaven and hell and food? I honestly hope we don't have to eat and can just survive on nothing.
Original post by Anony345533
I'm talking about interpretations of holy books, like what does your religion say about heaven and hell and food? I honestly hope we don't have to eat and can just survive on nothing.

There better be steak in the afterlife or imma be mad.

On a serious note though, it wouldn't make sense to crave food or drink once we pass on. Hunger is an innate condition of the physical body that is essential for survival. Once we kick the bucket, we'll no longer be tethered to said physical body. The soul isn't physical, it's ethereal - and it is also said the soul is eternal - so logically we shouldn't have a need for something so primitive.

This is just speculation mind you.
Hunger is a physiological phenomenon dependent on a physical, biological body. Once you drop this physical vehicle and exist in spirit then you no longer hunger, just as you no longer need to sleep or breathe.
Reply 6
I searched it up and in Islam you can just think about food and it will come to you in Heaven. In hell you get given rotten apple with worms coming out of it and you will want to eat so bad that you will eat anything so you will eat the rotten apple with worms coming out of it and anything else rotten
Original post by Anony345533
Title

In judaism we believe that your soul ascends to heaven, leaving you body behind, including all of its physical wants and needs. So there is no food as no one would need food
You can just find it out when you come to heaven or hell. You have to wait to get certainty.
Reply 9
Hungry ghosts roaming the earth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending