The Student Room Group

Give Me Food Heaven, or Food Hell?

Scroll to see replies

:h: Heaven! I love babycorn :3

Heaven: Beetroot & goats cheese

Hell: Tuna on lettuce leaves
Reply 341
Sorry Viennaberry, its me again, and you've done tuna again, and I'm gonna give you hell again.

Sorry!

Heaven: Fruity yoghurt with bits in (e.g. Tesco's own Lemon Yoghurt pot
Hell: Total 0% Greek Yoghurt plain
Reply 342
Original post by Viennaberry
Ahaha, You know maybe I was wrong to Hell Pumpkin pie, it looks like a texture I'd like...but I dislike pumpkin seeds and assume the taste is similar- maybe I'm wrong?

-randomly interjecting-

I don't particularly like pumpkin (not that I've reallyyy tried it properly), but pumpkin pie is amazing! You make it was "sugar/culinary pumpkins", which are a lot sweeter and smoother than a standard pumpkin and similar to butternut squash. The actual pie itself has a very smooth and creamy texture (quite a lot of evaporated milk or double cream in it, depending on the recipe) and is also full of mixed spices and cinnamon, yummm :smile:
Original post by dani_1991
Sorry Viennaberry, its me again, and you've done tuna again, and I'm gonna give you hell again.

Sorry!

Heaven: Fruity yoghurt with bits in (e.g. Tesco's own Lemon Yoghurt pot
Hell: Total 0% Greek Yoghurt plain

I always seem to give you hell Dani. Please don't doubt my love for you! But yes, hell. I love the 0% greek yoghurt, even plain. I love it with my curry!! Or I'd just eat it straight from the pot. SO healthy and SO much protein. Can't see the pitfalls. And fruity yogs aren't my thang.

Heaven: Mr Kipling vienesse whirls
Hell: Mr Kipling lemon slices
Original post by Smoosh
-randomly interjecting-

I don't particularly like pumpkin (not that I've reallyyy tried it properly), but pumpkin pie is amazing! You make it was "sugar/culinary pumpkins", which are a lot sweeter and smoother than a standard pumpkin and similar to butternut squash. The actual pie itself has a very smooth and creamy texture (quite a lot of evaporated milk or double cream in it, depending on the recipe) and is also full of mixed spices and cinnamon, yummm :smile:

Ohmygosh that actually sounds incredible. I have such a sweet tooth, do you have any suggestions of where to get good pumpkin pie in the UK? (Or can it not be found here?) :h:

Ahem, as for the current scenario- Heaven for sure! I loathe lemon -_-

Heaven: Fries with ketchup & mayo

Hell: Guacamole dip -_-
Reply 345
You get HEAVEN! Guac is totally overrated!

HEAVEN: CORIANDER TUNA SUSHI SASHIMI SLICES

HELL: WELL DONE TUNA STEAK

Reply 346
HEAVEN!

I'm not a fan of Tuna steak.

Heaven: Peanut Brittle
Hell: Pumpkin seeds
HEAVEN!

I'm not a fan of Tuna steak.

Heaven: Peanut Brittle
Hell: Pumpkin seeds

finally I can give you HEAVEN! I'll never look at Pumpkin in the eye again after last Halloween. THE STENCH. And the mess. Oh god, that's not food..it's rubble.

Heaven: Snickers
Hell: Mars Bars (really gone off them recently)
Reply 348
Original post by MelissaJayne
finally I can give you HEAVEN! I'll never look at Pumpkin in the eye again after last Halloween. THE STENCH. And the mess. Oh god, that's not food..it's rubble.

Heaven: Snickers
Hell: Mars Bars (really gone off them recently)

FINALLY! Was beginning to think you hated me :wink:

Heaven for you! Love a nice snickers, and, like you, I've gone off the Mars bars...

Heaven: Fish Sushi
Hell: Chicken Sushi
Reply 349
You get heaven. There's a reason why sushi is synonymous with fish!!
Then you get daft westerners like us and the americans ramming chicken or cream cheese and mayo and all manner of ridiculous things in there.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: MAXIBON

HELL: CALIPPO

Heaven, EASY! Calippo? Pleaaaase..I want a treat, something indulgent. NOT FLAVOURED WATER.

Heaven: M&S Squid rings with chilli, lime and ginger dressing.
Hell: Mussels in cream. (like them with wine and parsley, not cream)
Reply 351
HEAVEN. No doubt about it :biggrin:

Mussels in cream? Whatcha doing there chefo?

Heaven: Cabbage and Apple
Hell: Pickled Onions
Reply 352
HELL. Why would you put tasty cabbage and tasty apple together to form GROO CITY?! Besides, as you fine well know, I believe silverskin onions to be the smex.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: JAFFA CAKE
HELL: JAFFA CAKE CAKE BAR
Reply 353
Heaven! It just doesn't taste like a jaffa cake without the normal 'Is it a biscuit, is it a cake?' style base!

Heaven: Galaxy Ripple
Hell: Cadbury Twirl
Original post by winter10
Heaven! It just doesn't taste like a jaffa cake without the normal 'Is it a biscuit, is it a cake?' style base!

Heaven: Galaxy Ripple
Hell: Cadbury Twirl

HELL for you, sorry. I love Twirl, I'd go as far to say it's in my top 7 chocolate bars. Ripples are good but they just seem to crumble so much more.

Heaven: slow-roasted vegetables
Hell: soft, stewed vegetables
I actually like both, but roasted has a nicer texture, so you can have that! :h:

Heaven: Warm brownie & ice cream

Hell: Mint oreos
Reply 356
Though I'd love to try a mint Oreo, your heaven is FAR too good to pass up. HEAVEN FOR YOU, ENJOY YOUR BROWNIE GOO <3

Heaven:
119212.jpg

Hell:
786419_1.jpg
(ok, not HELL as such, but not as good as the other traybakes - chocolate brownie for instance. there's WAYYYY too much shortbread to chocolate and caramel ratio. 1.Moisture rape. 2.Disappointment in a tinfoil base...this is no Millionnaire's Shortcake! This is like... Homeless guys Shortcake)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 357
HELL! Even the worst Millionaire shortbread is better than the best granola!!

Give me HEAVEN or HELL:

HEAVEN: Weetabix Oaty Bars

HELL: NAKD bars
Reply 358
Heaven! I love the strawberry ones, and have recently got the choc ones and I'm ridiculously excited to try it! I've seen they do toffee ones too but have yet to find them!

Heaven: fruit and nut sprinkle (tescos own- almonds, dates, raisins etc)
Hell: seed mix (pumkin seeds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds etc)
Heaven! I love the strawberry ones, and have recently got the choc ones and I'm ridiculously excited to try it! I've seen they do toffee ones too but have yet to find them!

Heaven: fruit and nut sprinkle (tescos own- almonds, dates, raisins etc)
Hell: seed mix (pumkin seeds, pine nuts, sunflower seeds etc)

Heaven, easily heaven. I get fruit, I get nuts..I NO GET SEEDS! Always cancelled them from my graze box. I'm not a bird, yo.

Heaven: Caramel digestives
Hell: Plain digestives

Quick Reply

Latest