The Student Room Group

Give Me Food Heaven, or Food Hell?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Peanuts in a fussy as hell, carpet-raping fragmenty shell that looks like a set of *******s? No ta!

You may have your delicious and flexible HEAVEN!!

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: PLAIN MADEIRA SPONGE
HELL: WEDDING CAKE WITH A HALF FOOT THICK OF WHITE ICING
Reply 981
Ooh this is a toughie. It should be simple, it should just be heaven and be done with it. BUT, I recently went to my best mates wedding (20 and married; crazy stuff) and she had this AMAZING wedding cake, the perfect balance of fruity sweetness and nutty taste, which I've never really had in a fruitcake before. Best wedding cake I've ever had, no question. And though the icing and marzipan was thick as (it's like wedding cake tradition), you could take some off or eat it later, especially as I'm a marzipan fan. Plain madeira is okay, but compared to this, a tad boring. :biggrin: in sum, HELL.

Heaven: Marzipan (in cakes, in desserts, plain)
Hell: Whole almonds (eaten plain, whole)
ugh, to both! Sorry danberlina.. it has to be hell. As I recently had a box of M&S chocolates, and one came with a whole almond on the top and marzipan middle..so it was like the combination of both of yours, and I must say, I enjoyed the crunch of the almond atop more so than the overpowering center. It was easier to take. And marzipan has ruined many a good christmas cake.

heaven: those "full monty" cans with sausages, beans, mushrooms and other things of joy
hell: cans of beef ravioli
Reply 983
Original post by MelissaJayne
ugh, to both! Sorry danberlina.. it has to be hell. As I recently had a box of M&S chocolates, and one came with a whole almond on the top and marzipan middle..so it was like the combination of both of yours, and I must say, I enjoyed the crunch of the almond atop more so than the overpowering center. It was easier to take. And marzipan has ruined many a good christmas cake.

heaven: those "full monty" cans with sausages, beans, mushrooms and other things of joy
hell: cans of beef ravioli

I was scared it was gonna be you who answered :tongue: damn your marzipan avoidance! :tongue:

As for you, I actually like both, but I'll have your hell more and it reminds me of being a kid or dinners coming back from holiday where we had nothing in the fridge so sorry, HELL! Still love you though. Sorry.

Heaven: Walnut whips
Hell: walnuts in cheese
Reply 984
You get heaven because Walnut Whips are in the upper echelons of "Break Shell, seductively lick filling" chocolates whereas walnut cheese is like... Well, what the hell even IS it for? Can't MELT that crap. Biting into traditional cheese shouldn't be like smmoooothCRNKoooothCRNNNNNK.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: LAMB MADRAS
HELL: MINTED LAMB
Oh for a rare occasion, we disagree. Hell babs, hell. Minted lamb is one of my favourite meats. Especially minted lamb kebabs come BBQ season. I add fresh mint to stir fries and everything. I love it in savoury food, mint sauce goes atop many dinners. Even mint and ham sandwiches have graced my lunchbox. And Madras is just a tad too hot for moi.

heaven: Fresh soups
hell: canned soups (all varieties)
Reply 986
Toto, what's up with Minted Lamb?! I like it, and I don't even really like lamb. ESPLAIN YO'SELF MISTA!

Melissa:
It's a close call, your hell isn't that bad, and its convenient and cheaper, but on a taste basis, I'd say HEAVEN, as fresh soups do have that something extra. And homemade fresh soup? HEAVENLY. So you get heaven :biggrin:

HEAVEN: Tomatoes with bruschetta
HELL: Sundried tomatoes, plain
Reply 987
Tomatoes and toasts go together like me and yo' mama; you get hevvins!

As for minted lamb; I just regard lamb as a wholly flavourful, iron, savoury-tasting meat. To add a powerfully fragrant subsweet just saps it of that savoury flavour where madras adds spice to it!!

Give me heaven or hell:
HEAVEN: Ice cold Lager
HHELL: Ice cold carbonated Water
Reply 988
Sorry m'dear, its hell for you! I'm not a fan of fizzy water but I can tolerate it. Lager, on the other hand, I can't, not only because I dislike the flavour but the weird bubbly consistency makes my stomach hurt.

Heaven: prawn stir fry with mushrooms, peppers, onions and the odd greenery
Hell: beef stir fry with lots of sugar snap peas and beansprouts
In fairness, I like both. But prawns lend themselves to stir fries much better, and I love those juicy buggers. And as soon as you mentioned the M word, HEAVEN WAS YOURS.

Heaven: pink n white jammies wafers
Hell: Flumps
Reply 990
Original post by MelissaJayne
In fairness, I like both. But prawns lend themselves to stir fries much better, and I love those juicy buggers. And as soon as you mentioned the M word, HEAVEN WAS YOURS.

Heaven: pink n white jammies wafers
Hell: Flumps

Jammie Wafers, you KNOW how it's done ey Mel :wink: It's like Jammy Wagon Wheels; +jam = BETTER. HEAVEN FOR YOU. Flumps are pointless, they're only fun to say.

HEAVEN: PLAIN MINIROLL, MICROWAVED. (I've yet to try with custard but I bet its DAMN good)
HELL: MADEIRA SPONGE, PLAIN
Oh I fancy both of them, to be fair. But, given it's really hot outside today and I'm humid as a humid thing in humid conditions..the idea of hot cake isn't appealing to me as much. So HELL for you. I like Madeira sponge, there's no nonsense with it. It reminds me of a prim and proper tea party.

heaven: Chicken chop suey Weight Watchers ready meal
hell: salmon in soy sauce Weight Watchers ready meal
Reply 992
Heaven times eleven!! Its well tasty and 203cals is some kind of devil magic, I swear it.

Give me heaven or hell:

HEAVEN: CHUPA CHUPS
HELL: PUSH POPS
Reply 993
HEAVEN. 10/20p a lolly for a good 5 minutes of tastebud delight, with a variety of flavours to choose from - and they actually taste like their claims!
Hell just leaves you with sticky hands, and nowhere to put the lolly after you've started it.

HEAVEN: Panda Pops. Look Ma, my tongues turned blue!
HELL: Ribeena Light. I swear this thing should have a flavour?
Original post by dani_1991
HEAVEN. 10/20p a lolly for a good 5 minutes of tastebud delight, with a variety of flavours to choose from - and they actually taste like their claims!
Hell just leaves you with sticky hands, and nowhere to put the lolly after you've started it.

HEAVEN: Panda Pops. Look Ma, my tongues turned blue!
HELL: Ribeena Light. I swear this thing should have a flavour?

Heaven! Panda Pops remind me of primary school and Ribena Light is an abomination that taints the good name of Ribena :erm:

Heaven: Ugos Mediterranean Chicken Panini
Hell: Feasters Chicken Burger
Reply 995
I haven't actually tried your heaven, but paninis get my vote every time over Feasters. It says it's chicken, it looks kinda like chicken, even smells like it too... So why's it taste like crap?! The mind truly does boggle.

Heaven: Galaxy hot chocolate power, from the tub/jar
Hell: Plain coffee granules (for some reason they put them in desserts sometimes.)
Reply 996
Heaven!! Oh man, that rules. Also, ever dipped your freshly scooped vanilla ice cream cone into it? Yeah.

SERIOUSLY.

WHAT'S PARA MI?

HEAVEN: SOREEN FRUIT LOAF
HELL:COCONUT PESHWARI NAAN
They're both a bit daring, in a good way! But, you can have heaven? Know why? Because I know you hate sweet with your savoury. And a coconut in your curry would be like dinessert, right? Plus, fruit loaf is SO good. Cake that's like..juicy.

Heaven: coronation chicken flavoured bernard matthews chicken
Hell: coronation chicken mixes when you get a bakery roll
I haven't really tried either but I think heaven just because it sounds nicer!!!!:biggrin:

HEAVEN:PIZZA!!!!!
HELL:ANYTHING WITH MUSHROOMS(They make me physically sick):frown:
HELL, sorry! I love mushrooms. BUT..you can have mushroom pizza. Compromise? :biggrin:

Heaven: angel delight with chocolate drops on top
hell: jelly with sprinkles on top

Quick Reply

Latest