The Student Room Group

Give Me Food Heaven, or Food Hell?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
HEAVEN. Cool original is such a plain boring flavour, I'd rather save my money and bite into some cardboard, at least with chilli and tangy cheesey doritos there's some flavour on offer.

Heaven: Burnt chips
Hell: Undercooked chips
Heaven, better a crunchy chip than a..raw potato? Burnt chips are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

HEAVEN: Dipping mini milk in black coffee
HELL: biting into ice cream
Reply 1782
HELL! Mini milks are too adorable to dunk into coffee (really?!!)

Heaven: Lucozade original and orange
Hell: All other flavours of Lucozade
Reply 1783
Okay, I literally DESPISE Lucozade, but this is about YOU, not me. Therefore you can have heaven, because I genuinely hate Lucozade but regard LUCOZADE COLAAARGGHH as the worst variety.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: THE CRISP FRAGMENTS AT THE END OF A PACKET

HELL: THE WEETADUST AT THE END OF A BOX OF WEETABIX
I love both! But you can have heaven because those fragments are little flavour stations. The best are Discos!!!

heaven: cheese on toast with lea and perins
hell: nutella on toast
Reply 1785
Heaven. Nutella was a fad that I grew out of when I was a kid, and cheese and toast is always delicious, in a simple manner.

HEAVEN: CRANBERRY JUICE
HELL: Grapefruit juice
Heaven. I don't like grapefruit, in it's raw form or juiced. And cranberry is delicious as a juice, though I don't much rate the berries.

heaven: hazelnut syrup in coffee
hell: "milky" coffee from those cheap vending machines - that isn't milk...
Heaven. Those coffee machines suck. Hot chocolate you say? Did you mean watery S***? You did?! Well then here you go!

Heaven: Honey roasted peanuts
Hell: Dry roasted peanuts
Reply 1788
You get heaven, though roasted peanuts are roasted peanuts to me, really. I just gave you heaven because you're pretty and I haven't got a date for prom.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: SUNNY BURGER (Quarter Pounder with a soft-yolked fried egg)

HELL: GOOBER BURGER (Quarter Pounder, double mayo, double peanut butter)

A burger with peanut butter? Really? I mean... Really?! HEAVEN. Because you have a car, and I don't have a date for prom. Oh, and you're pretty too.

Heaven: praline chocolates
Hell: chocolates with whole nuts in
How can you hate wholenut! Definetely hell!

Heaven: hot waffle with ice cream topped with nutella
Hell: vegetables

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm gonna have to go with hell, but only because vegetables is such a broad category. I mean if it's cauliflower, then I'd have the the waffle any day, but roasted courgette, carrot and pepper? GET IN MAH BELLEH.

HEAVEN:

Neapolitan

HELL:

Vienetta
HELL. Sorry, but in my experience, Neapolitan seems to be a triumph of visual over taste. Much prefer me some vienetta.

HEAVEN: Classic Chupa Chups chupa_chups__23635_zoom.jpg
HELL: Chupa Chups with gum in chupa-chups-XXL-Lolly-with-Gum-Centre-SWEE361.JPG
Reply 1793
YOU GET HEAVEN. EASY. I HATE it when they gimmick stuff up. In fact, I hate it when you get non-fully-edible stuff inside edible stuff (Kinder Egg toys etc notwithstanding). For example, I even find bones in my meat a real nuisance. So chewing gum inside a sweetie is like going "ENJOY YOUR SWEET.... FOR NOW. For when you reach that core, YOU MUST TREAD CAREFULLY. SWALLOW NOT."

You know, that's what you hear, spoken in the voice of Gandalf.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: OWN BRAND WEETABIX

HELL: OWN BRAND VALUE WEETABIX (to those who have tried 'em, you'll know the massive distinction)

Omg I feel your pain. I'm guessing by this you too did the rookie 'oh I'm sure value tastes JUST the same' choice in Tesco, and discovered this was one of those 'HELL NO, it's definitely not' kinda products. The extra 30p is so worth it in this case. SO worth it. It's similar to value 'Crunchy Nut' alternatives. Trust me, not the same. I, a self confessed cereal fanatic, actually threw most of it away.

HEAVEN: Devils food cake microwaved
HELL: Vanilla cheesecake
Reply 1795
HELL. Vanilla is my fave. type of cheesecake (NY style), and having just googled devils food cake I can say I'd find that too rich and chocolately.

Heaven: Hash brown on a chicken burger
Hell: Fried egg on a beef burger
Reply 1796
Oh god, this one was MADE for me to give you HELL.

Hash Brown on a Chicken Burger?! Like, logically, in any sense, that is a terrible idea. It's why I'm so adverse to making my Zinger/Fillet into a "Tower". Even in actual interviews with the head honchos in KFC they admit that it was initially designed as something of a "leftover burger" for limited edition, where they had a lot of ingredients surplus and just decided to cram them in to get rid of nuisance stock. Chicken Burgers benefit from iceberg lettuce, salt, pepper, certain spices, occasionally garlic, mayonnaise, raitas, and generally subtle flavours. So the fact they go "HEAVY TOMATO RELISH!! HEAVY FRIED MINCED POTATO!! EXTRA CHEESE!!" - it makes no sense. Some things compliment others on the palate; others fight. Tower burgers are like a bag of angry cats thrown into a tumbledryer.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: BREADED HADDOCK

HELL: DEEP FRIED CHEESE AND HADDOCK PIE

Reply 1797
Heaven. Fish and cheese as a combination makes me feel slightly sick, and breaded haddock is always a nice substitute for meat in a good healthy dinner with potatoes and veg.

HEAVEN: Prawn cocktail hula hoops
HELL: Cheese and onion hula hoops
Heaven! I'm not a fan of cheese and onion in general but prawn cocktail is a nice change sometimes.

Heaven: Easter eggs
Hell: devilled eggs
Reply 1799
Sorry dude, I really love you and all, but I love the cheese and onion hoops and find the prawn cocktail ones WAY too sweet (that's even for prawn cocktail!!). HELL.

GIVE ME HEAVEN OR HELL:

HEAVEN: ALDI THREE FISH ROAST

HELL: ALDI TURDUCKEN

Quick Reply

Latest