The Student Room Group

Which IB subjects to take? History vs. Psychology

Heyy, ok so we had an IB options evening today and I am more confused than ever about the courses that I should take. I want to study medicine and am sure of taking:
English A1 SL
Maths HL
French B
Chemistry HL
Biology HL

However, for english, I just realized that there are two options: English language and literature, and English literature. I am actually stronger at literature than the language - do both for IGCSE - but I think I read in some universities' websites that they need English Language IB if you want to study medicine. Is that true, or could i just take literature and get into a medical school? Also, I do history as IGCSE, and I enjoy the course very much, and my teacher thinks I should definitely take it at IB. However, I am also considering taking psychology IB because first of all, I think i'll be very interested in it, and because it is kind of related to medicine. Do you think History will look better when I apply to universities for medicine or psychology? History can improve my essay writing skills, and sounds like a tougher course....:confused:
Thanks!
Reply 1
Psychology is both closer to medicine and easier to get a 7 at.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending