The Student Room Group

my school isnt giving me psychology

heyyyyyy, so basically i was meant to do psychology at my school but they've taken it away from me and are trying to offer me history or visual arts (which i both hate and aren't very interested in ), they said its due to time table reasons and not enough students

i dont want to be forced to do subjects i dont enjoy so i am wondering what i should do?

do i continue to fight for my course to be opened? i love psychology and i dont want to be forced to do subjects i don't enjoy
Reply 1
Two choices.

Stay at that school and do other subjects.
Go somewhere else.
Reply 2
You're most certainly not going to be successful fighting for Psychology at your school. Presumably your first term fees have already been paid by your parents and there won't be a refund even if you find another IB school that is willing to accept you at short notice. Psychology is one subject that isn't offered in many IB schools and there is a world shortage of IB-trained Psychology teachers.
Original post by imco159275
heyyyyyy, so basically i was meant to do psychology at my school but they've taken it away from me and are trying to offer me history or visual arts (which i both hate and aren't very interested in ), they said its due to time table reasons and not enough students

i dont want to be forced to do subjects i dont enjoy so i am wondering what i should do?

do i continue to fight for my course to be opened? i love psychology and i dont want to be forced to do subjects i don't enjoy

It would be impossible to consider it if there are insufficient number of students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending