Worst high street coffee?

Scroll to see replies

Mcdonalds coffee.
You get what you pay for methinks.
Reply 21
Original post by crazyunicorn133
Mcdonalds coffee.

:lol: I've never tried this, but I can't imagine it's worth consuming.
Reply 22
Mcdonalds coffee.

Original post by kerily
:lol: I've never tried this, but I can't imagine it's worth consuming.

They were just in it for the cash :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%27s_Restaurants

Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants,[1] also known as the McDonald's coffee case and the hot coffee lawsuit, is a 1994 product liability lawsuit that became a flashpoint in the debate in the U.S. over tort reform after a jury awarded $160,000[2] to cover medical expenses and compensatory damages (in addition to $2.7 million in punitive damages) to Liebeck who suffered 3rd degree burns in her pelvic region when she spilled hot coffee purchased from fast food restaurant McDonald's. The trial judge reduced the final verdict, and the parties settled for a confidential amount before an appeal was decided. The case was noted by some as an example of frivolous litigation;[3] ABC News called the case "the poster child of excessive lawsuits",[4] while others stated that the claim was "a meaningful and worthy lawsuit".[5]
Reply 23
the coffee from mcdonalds, just a cup of p***.
I have to completely disagree with you, OP. My favourite is costa, but then again, I only ever drink black coffee, none of that crap with tons of milk and sugar. Worst is Starbucks for me. Nero is very bitter but I don't mind THAT much, so it's about in the middle out of those three. Mcdonalds black coffee is really good too IMO. Think people should mention which kind of coffee they actually drink from those places.
(edited 12 years ago)
Mcdonalds coffee.

Not necessarily - I loved the coffee from Greggs when I worked there. We used fairtrade coffee beans, not instant/ ready ground coffee. I only ever had double espressos with sugar, mind you (I never have any other type of coffee, apart from iced coffee.)
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
Not necessarily - I loved the coffee from Greggs when I worked there. We used fairtrade coffee beans, not instant/ ready ground coffee. I only ever had double espressos with sugar, mind you (I never have any other type of coffee, apart from iced coffee.)

Hmm, maybe i'll have to give it a try.
Mcdonalds is convienient for me coz i can grab it and go, whereas costa ect always has a mammoth queue in the mornings.

I'm sure mcd's were doing it for the money, but they serve everything else so I guess it was a matter of time before they tried to turn all 'hip and coffee-housey' to get rid of the nasty image of ronald mcdonald and fast food.
Costa is my fav for coffe
Starbucks is my fav for frappes
Nero is my fav for hot chocolate, their Winter Amaretti coffee or their Summer shots of espresso & icecream :coma:

McDonalds have the worst coffee-their lattes are ridiculously bitter. I love Italian espresso brands the best. Mmmm Italy. I find local independent coffee shops use Italian brands of coffee and find these to be superior to the larger chains. Tis a shame Costa is so convenient for me...

I have a coffee machine at home and using Starbucks beans atm but on payday I'm getting me some Illy coffee. :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm sure mcd's were doing it for the money, but they serve everything else so I guess it was a matter of time before they tried to turn all 'hip and coffee-housey' to get rid of the nasty image of ronald mcdonald and fast food.

Believe it or not, costa doesn't do it to be friendly. :wink:
Reply 29
Café Nero coffee is foul!

<3 x
Starbucks are really bad. Full over GMO ingredients and they don't pay proper UK tax. I'm sticking with Costa as you know what you're getting 😃
Please don't let your family and friends have GMO food and drinks.
Reply 31
Costa bitter coffee no 1 better
Reply 32
Coffee no1 owned by brains brewery
Pret A Manger
honestly it's vile, ordered a double chocolate mocha and it tasted like hot dish water with a splash of milk and a teaspoon of cocoa powder
my sister said the hot chocolate was weird as well, like frothy milk with chocolatey undertones
the food from there is nice though
Reply 35
Caffe Nero is the best, and the worst is undoubtedly Starbucks.
Reply 36
I believe that Nero is better for the black coffee, Costa is better for cappuccinos and lattes whereas Starbucks do the best frappé drinks.

The best coffee I have ever tasted though was in a coffee shop in Manchester Victoria train station called Java
I'm a fan of Starbucks' pike place but the Starbucks in the library at my uni uses some gross dark roast. Sometimes it even has little particles of coffee bean in.

There's an independent place a few blocks from campus; same price as Starbucks but a million times nicer.
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm a fan of Starbucks' pike place but the Starbucks in the library at my uni uses some gross dark roast. Sometimes it even has little particles of coffee bean in.

There's an independent place a few blocks from campus; same price as Starbucks but a million times nicer.

They have a Starbucks at my college and we have the exact same problem… nobody likes a crunchy coffee… :erm:
As long as Theres a hot girl serving me coffee I ain't complaining 👍🏾

Quick Reply

Latest