The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Current Students in Liverpool, where should new students go during their first week?

We're coming around to a new academic year here in the student City of Liverpool :clap2:

Where did you go in your first week?:eating:

Where did you wish you went when you first arrived?:heart:

Are there any hidden gems that you would like to share with new students?:biggrin:

We'd love to hear all your recommendations, we might even try there ourselves.

Best wishes,
Matt
Place to take the parents (if they're paying) is The Italian Club on Bold Street.

Out with mates? Try the Baltic Market food hall (with live music).

And for a great brunch in town, go to Brasco Lounge: just opposite the museum of Liverpool adjacent to the Albert Dock
Liverpool
Visit website
Original post by 04MR17
Place to take the parents (if they're paying) is The Italian Club on Bold Street.

Out with mates? Try the Baltic Market food hall (with live music).

And for a great brunch in town, go to Brasco Lounge: just opposite the museum of Liverpool adjacent to the Albert Dock

Thank you for these recommendations.

I absolutely love going to the Baltic Market, there is always something new to try. My Favourite trader has to be Richie's (the burger stall) :king1:, there are so many options to try and with the 10 traders currently, you can try something new each time you go.

All the best,
Matt
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
We're coming around to a new academic year here in the student City of Liverpool :clap2:

Where did you go in your first week?:eating:

Where did you wish you went when you first arrived?:heart:

Are there any hidden gems that you would like to share with new students?:biggrin:

We'd love to hear all your recommendations, we might even try there ourselves.

Best wishes,
Matt

Hi there,

I love the pubs that are on the streets about Hardman Street, my personal favourite is The Grape but the Caledonia and Belvedere are another two great pubs. We are so lucky in Liverpool to have so many great restaurants and cafes, my favourite for lunch or a coffee and something sweet is the Baltic Bakehouse in the Baltic Triangle. Then probably my favourite restaurant is Rudy's, they have so many amazing pizza's!

I'm sure all the new students will love exploring everything that the city has too offer :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

I love the pubs that are on the streets about Hardman Street, my personal favourite is The Grape but the Caledonia and Belvedere are another two great pubs. We are so lucky in Liverpool to have so many great restaurants and cafes, my favourite for lunch or a coffee and something sweet is the Baltic Bakehouse in the Baltic Triangle. Then probably my favourite restaurant is Rudy's, they have so many amazing pizza's!

I'm sure all the new students will love exploring everything that the city has too offer :smile:

Thank you Malachy, we are well and truly lucky in Liverpool that we have so many great places Rudy's is an amazing place, which one do you like better? Castle street or Bold street.

Matt
Thank you Malachy, we are well and truly lucky in Liverpool that we have so many great places Rudy's is an amazing place, which one do you like better? Castle street or Bold street.

Matt

Hi Matt!

I would say my favourite one in on Bold Street. However, did you know there is also another one opened on the Albert Dock, so now there is three to choose from!

Reply 6
Hi,
Can I ask what societies there are to join at Liverpool Hope? There doesn't seem to be a list on the website. Do they do martial arts?
Thank you!
Beth
Original post by CathyC37
Hi,
Can I ask what societies there are to join at Liverpool Hope? There doesn't seem to be a list on the website. Do they do martial arts?
Thank you!
Beth

Hi Beth,

Unfortunately, we don't have any Martial Arts Societies this year but if you get enough people who would want one then you would be able to create one and get funding for it.

Best wishes,
Dafydd
Reply 8
Hi Beth,

Unfortunately, we don't have any Martial Arts Societies this year but if you get enough people who would want one then you would be able to create one and get funding for it.

Best wishes,
Dafydd

Hi,
Ok, Thanks. Can I ask what societies there are?
Original post by CathyC37
Hi,
Ok, Thanks. Can I ask what societies there are?

Hi Beth,

We have a wide range of societies at Liverpool Hope University. You can check them out by looking on the Liverpool Hope Student Union website, they have a detailed list of our societies.

Best wishes,
Dafydd

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending