The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
thankyou, well impressed with em :smile:
Subbacultcha
HMMMMMMM.... were you at ramshackle on a Friday night in Bristol at the carling academy, maybe end of jan so 1-2 months ago?!!!

nope not me, not been to bristol for years.
lovelee-jublee
Hi, I finally got my inverse navel pierced about 5 hours ago, so happy!! :party:
So far so good it seems - I think the plaster thing they stuck over it was irritiating to my skin so I took it off and just letting it air and trying not to catch it on anything - it didn't hurt like I thought it would, only a pinch really! Now I'm just waiting for the swelling to go down and for it to stop feeling so tender and can't wait til it heals so I can put a smaller bar in!!;thumbsup;

Just make sure you keep it clean and do saline soaks twice a day =]
Reply 2343

not sure if i've posted this before, but here's mine, still not finished
Reply 2344
wow that's awesome. what's going in the middle?
Reply 2345
squeak
wow that's awesome. what's going in the middle?

St George, not the British one, the patron saint of Moscow... i was born there and have Russian parents and lived there for 8 years so it means a lot to me, I'm in love with it.
Reply 2346
Thats well sweet!
Reply 2347
coni

Finally healed an doesn't need touching up :smile:

alenax

not sure if i've posted this before, but here's mine, still not finished

These are both looking absolutely awesome guys!
my newest addition

had a terrible experience getting it, can't wait to get back to my normal artist, but at least its not messed up :smile:

EDIT: that reminds me, what are your tips for healing? when I had my last one I was told to keep it covered by cling film for 7 days and to have a soak every other day (not getting it wet aside from that) and to apply the cream after the wash.
Today I got told to keep the cling film on for a few hours then take it off and wash and apply cream a few times daily

tbh, I reckon a combo is probably best but what do you think?
just keep it moist! how you do it is up to you i think!
right nostril tomorrow.. gonne get it done with a 1.2mm labret stud, with a black 3mm ball to match the one i wear in my left. yay!
Reply 2351
kordking
These are both looking absolutely awesome guys!

thanks! :smile:
Reply 2352
Could change the bottom ball to a dome or disc, that might help?
Kate.
Could change the bottom ball to a dome or disc, that might help?

Yea that's what I was thinking, probably a dome would be better :smile:
couldnt get my second nostril done yesterday as she had to autoclave a labret stud especially for me.. but i got it done today! yay!

excuse the crap picture.. i had a total of 2 hours sleep last night.. the one on my right (your left) is new.. :biggrin:

Reply 2355
Hey guys,

quick discussion... symbolism in tattoos. Do any of your tattoos hold some form of symbolic meaning? And what symbolic tattoo designs can you think e.g. Ankh - Life, Rose - Love.

My favourite tattoo is my harvester of truth - symbolising my quest for truth in love and life.
I have 3 tattoos, my dandelion is purely cause I like it, but my other two are religious, one is a lotus and one is a chakra...its just basically for my faith as all.

I guess my dandelion reflects my inner child. but its not something I've really thought about
mine symbolises veganism and atheism and is linked to my love of music though none are obvious from looking at it (its a leaf)..
My next one is a glass 1920s ink bottle that's pouring strands of swirling ink down my ankle and onto my foot, where it turns into three Mucha-inspired art nouveau flowers. The symbolism is pretty obvious - the power and importance of reading, writing and literature to me - but one of the flowers is a rose to remind me of my sister, Rosie. We're really close and we've been through a lot together so I thought it would be nice to work that into the tattoo :smile:
Wow! That sounds AMAZING! I hope you find a brilliant artist though so it turns out well!

Quick Reply

Latest