The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F214 Communication, Homeostasis and Energy Friday 22 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
i dunno what you are all saying personally i found the exam hard. like i got the easy marks, but i still consider a paper hard if i have to sit there and reallyyyy think about what i was writing like the X and TTC questions.. i swear i was just repeating myself :/
Reply 1581
Original post by otrivine
1) name the process (1)
2) name the gap(1)
3) describe the neurone(3)
4)describe the gaps in neurone(3)
5)name the hormone(1)
6)name part of brain thermoregulatory (1)
7)name the dilation(1)
8) name the external source of heat (1)
9) label the nephron(3)
10) complete the table(5)
11)role of loop of henle (5)

1) name the place where it occurs the electron transport(1) cristae
2) the difference between seeds A had more of the stain
3)the thing of seed A(2)
4)why difference(2)
5)the hydrogen acceptor(1) ethanal
6)intermediate(1) ethanal
7) end products (1) CO2, ethanol
8)why important in plant cells (2) NADH is reoxidised; NAD can re-enter glycolysis; some ATP can still be produced for cell division, e.g. mitosis and other active processes
9) why co2 should not be measured(2) It was why O2 should not be measured. anyway O2 may dissolve in water; O2 may become trapped in apparatus; N2 may be dissolved in gas sollected; O2 used in aerobic respiration
10) the limiting factor(1) light intensity
11)the another limiting factor(1) temperature
12)the process which co2 released(1) (aerobic) respiration
13)the describing light intensity(3)
14)the products (3) O2, NADPH, ATP
15)what happens if inhibits the plant thing electron does not work(2) less cyclic and non-cyclic photophosphorylation; less ATP produced; less NADPH produced; less glucose produced from TP in Calvin cycle; less aerobic respiration; alcohol fermentation; alcohol accumulates
16)name endocrine(1) islets of Langerhans
17)name the specifc cell(1) beta
18)fill boxes (5)
19) the name of cell (1) ribosome
20)after synthesis (3) insulin transported from ribosome to golgi apparatus; golgi modifies protein; insulin packaged into vesicles

i think should add up to 60
I can't remember some of it
Original post by Dan12
I can't remember some of it

the last one for the synthesis i think you get one mark for saying fuses with plasma membrane
Reply 1583
What was that second 3 mark question about the nerves? After you described them signalling? I thought it was something like what is the importance of having a gap in between neurones?
Original post by Wahrheit
Thanks, you too!

This paper was quite dramatic for me because the fire alarm went off 10 minutes before the end. Pretty good though because I had time to get my head around one of the questions while we were being evacuated, and also we get special consideration from the exam board so an extra couple of UMS hopefully :cool:.

That's wicked! xD

A shame we don't get special consideration when the chavs take to banging on the opposite side of the wall/windows to distract us. I'm jealous. <3
Original post by Leeshur
That's wicked! xD

A shame we don't get special consideration when the chavs take to banging on the opposite side of the wall/windows to distract us. I'm jealous. <3

Ahh can't win 'em all I guess :P. I didn't get special consideration for some guy playing his trumpet outside the room during C4 either, so I guess we're even in that respect haha.
Reply 1586
Thanks, you too!

This paper was quite dramatic for me because the fire alarm went off 10 minutes before the end. Pretty good though because I had time to get my head around one of the questions while we were being evacuated, and also we get special consideration from the exam board so an extra couple of UMS hopefully :cool:.

Arr that sucks! This happened in one of my GCSE papers and we all got at least 5 extra ums, so it might work in your favour!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think grade boundaries will be like this :
A 49
B45
C41
D37
E33
Reply 1588
Hope i did well!
what did you guys put for the first question? ''the hormone which increases metabolic activity and produces heat''?
I first put adrenaline, then thought huh, doesn't adrenaline constrict blood flow to the gut hence less metabolism; then I put insulin, crossed that out too, then steroids lol
Original post by PhoTaydo
what did you guys put for the first question? ''the hormone which increases metabolic activity and produces heat''?
I first put adrenaline, then thought huh, doesn't adrenaline constrict blood flow to the gut hence less metabolism; then I put insulin, crossed that out too, then steroids lol

Adrenaline causes break down of glycogen to glucose which can then be used as energy so more metabolic activity and heme heat energy is released.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Appo
Reply 1591
Looking through the question list (thanks otrivine!) I reckon I got around 45 :smile:
Reply 1592
Anyone know what 54/60 would roughly be in UMS for this unit. Thanks, just need it to work out my rough total UMS, to see if I can get into Uni or not. Thanks :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1593
Original post by @Sean43
Anyone know what 54/60 would roughly be in UMS for this unit. Thanks, just need it to work out my rough total UMS, to see if I can get into Uni or not. Thanks :biggrin:

Most likely full. If not, 84 at worst I would imagine.
Reply 1594
Original post by Revent
Most likely full. If not, 84 at worst I would imagine.

Thanks!
Original post by InkyOne
Medicine - Trinity College Dublin

Ah sweet, my friend got an offer for history there lol
Original post by emmaarr
Arr that sucks! This happened in one of my GCSE papers and we all got at least 5 extra ums, so it might work in your favour!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Ooo I could really do with 5 extra UMS, actually, so fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Ooo I could really do with 5 extra UMS, actually, so fingers crossed! :biggrin:

how many marks do people get like if their close family member passes away?
Original post by otrivine
how many marks do people get like if their close family member passes away?

I think 5-10% but I'm not sure, I remember hearing that somewhere I think?
I think 5-10% but I'm not sure, I remember hearing that somewhere I think?

how did u find the paper? ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending