The Student Room Group

OCR AS Salters Chemistry F332 - Wednesday 23rd May 2012 1:30pm

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300

Do you think the exam board will accept 'homolytic' without stating 'homolytic fission' because it just asked for the bond breaking which was homolytic. And the question about increasing pressure (the first one, it wasn't related to equilibrium right???) because I wrote that the particles have more energy per unit of time that have at least the activation energy because it said the condition was an increase in pressure???
for the effects on equilibruim, i put both pressure and the temperature increases the yeild of the products.. shifts to the right. I saw someone say that the pressure one was shift to the left.. i said right, but still mentioned the shift towards the sside with less particles. what did everyone else get?
Original post by sharon800
wasnt question 2 something like
what type of bonding occurs with compound a? explain whether its a primary secondary or tertiary alcohol?

what type of bonding did you put?

i kind of remember the question!? i think i put hydrogen bonding
Reply 1304
Original post by gstarwill
for the effects on equilibruim, i put both pressure and the temperature increases the yeild of the products.. shifts to the right. I saw someone say that the pressure one was shift to the left.. i said right, but still mentioned the shift towards the sside with less particles. what did everyone else get?

the increase in pressure meant it moved to the side with fewer gas particles, which was the left. the yield was decreased because more of the reactant was made not the product.
Original post by MD2807
the increase in pressure meant it moved to the side with fewer gas particles, which was the left. the yield was decreased because more of the reactant was made not the product.

yea i know it shifts towards the side with less particles, i mentioned this. Maybe one mark.. probably not, I'd probably have got to got the other part right to get it. I think i just read the equation wrong. Although i hate waiting for my grade, I dont like looking through forums in search of a markscheme, i always find i make STUPID errors :facepalm: ha!
Reply 1306
yea i know it shifts towards the side with less particles, i mentioned this. Maybe one mark.. probably not, I'd probably have got to got the other part right to get it. I think i just read the equation wrong. Although i hate waiting for my grade, I dont like looking through forums in search of a markscheme, i always find i make STUPID errors :facepalm: ha!

I know! I told myself i wasnt gona come on here after the exam because i was fairly confident about it but i couldnt help myself! havent seen anything too bad though.. still think f331 was soo much worse.
Reply 1307
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_10_jan/ocr_49830_pp_10_jan_gce_332.pdf

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/ms_10/ocr_50007_ms_10_gce_jan.pdf

Question 4)B - is that the same reagents and conditions for yesterdays paper???

I put sulfuric acid, potassium dichromate (shouldn't have) and heat under reflux - would I still get two marks or would dichromate contradict acid mark???

(Concentrated) sulfuric acid with dichromate and heat
scores zero. Ooops.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MD2807
I know! I told myself i wasnt gona come on here after the exam because i was fairly confident about it but i couldnt help myself! havent seen anything too bad though.. still think f331 was soo much worse.

Ha! really? i thought F331 was Ok. It was better than January.. (i got a B and retook) but i dont think i did as much work for it, so probably didnt get an A. Literally 75% of the people in my year retook F331 and everyone found it nicer than january. I thought it was alright, but i think i cocked up on a few questions.
Original post by ells-13

I put sulfuric acid, potassium dichromate (shouldn't have) and heat under reflux - would I still get two marks or would dichromate contradict acid mark???

scores zero. Ooops.

I'm annoyed wwith the revision guide. It says "phosphoric acid/silica at 300degrees/60atm, OR with conc. H2SO4 and then H2O at 1atm"

I said H2SO4 and h2o at 1atm.. which is still right according to the book, but wrong according to the markscheme..
Reply 1310
I'm annoyed wwith the revision guide. It says "phosphoric acid/silica at 300degrees/60atm, OR with conc. H2SO4 and then H2O at 1atm"

I said H2SO4 and h2o at 1atm.. which is still right according to the book, but wrong according to the markscheme..

That would be right. They have such varied responses. Just because I added a wrong reagent means I loose two marks. Hopefully the dichromate statement will not say scores zero in this paper. :biggrin:
Original post by ells-13
That would be right. They have such varied responses. Just because I added a wrong reagent means I loose two marks. Hopefully the dichromate statement will not say scores zero in this paper. :biggrin:

fingers crossed. Ah yea that'd be annoying!. It's so nice only having one more exam! I had 8 in 10 days.. i really cannot bare waiting until August to get our results! plus its only 3 days before we all go on holiday.. so it could either be a really depressing trip or a celebration! ha
Original post by ells-13

scores zero. Ooops.

is question 4b not an elimination reaction? I'm sure yesterday it was the addition of water as a nucleophile and so the reagents were phosphoric acid with high temperature and pressure?
Original post by ells-13

It completely depends on what sort of process the question is asking for, e.g. industrial or lab experiement then you can choose from the two options from the CGP book.
Original post by amz1209
hi, could you please explain why it's 22 not 24 because i counted like so many times and kept on getting 24.? thanks

Did you count extra hydrogen atoms around the double bonds? Remember that carbon can only form four bonds and a C=C bond counts as 2 bonds. :smile:
The homologous series was Ketone, the functional group however was Carbonyl.

What did everybody get for the agricultural release of methane?
Original post by amyclee03
The homologous series was Ketone, the functional group however was Carbonyl.

What did everybody get for the agricultural release of methane?

I said "cows decomposing" is that wrong?
Original post by sophie0106
I said "cows decomposing" is that wrong?

I put cattle farming, but that seems really far fetched to me :frown:
Original post by Beffnaay
Did it actually say 'but not polythene' D:

Yes.
It said "give an example from the article, other than poly(ethene)"
Original post by SimpleGirl
Yes.
It said "give an example from the article, other than poly(ethene)"

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending