The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology Unit 4

Hello, just wondering if anyone is doing this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Mmmm.
Reply 2
is that a yes?
Original post by sadiya18
is that a yes?

Indeed. You excited for it?
Reply 4
Nope there is soo much to learn! How do you revise? Do you make notes?
Reply 5
Hello, I'm doing this exam in June! There's a lot to learn isn't there, and some of the content I'm finding quite heavy, such as all of the different studies and evaluative points I have to remember in Clinical Psychology, for example, the cultural factors affecting the diagnosis of disorders, and knowing all of the material for validity and reliability issues with the DSM!
And having to go back all over the AS key issues and looking at contributions to society seems like we're re-taking modules! :rolleyes: Fun!
Reply 6
Hello, yes there is soo much to learn! Yeah it is a pain to learn all of it again. How do you revise?
Reply 7
I'm going through Clinical and making notes at the moment, getting that all done and then focusing on Issues and Debates cos there is a lot to learn! Past papers I find are the best way for me to learn and revise! My teacher's given us a few over the Easter break which I will work on. What about you?
Reply 8
Original post by oli_042
I'm going through Clinical and making notes at the moment, getting that all done and then focusing on Issues and Debates cos there is a lot to learn! Past papers I find are the best way for me to learn and revise! My teacher's given us a few over the Easter break which I will work on. What about you?

Are you taking Edexcel Board? I am. But realised that there are only 2 sets of past paper - June 2011 and June 2010. Do you have the set of questions that your teacher has given you to share?
Reply 9
Im doing this exam as well . Clinical is not bad, but when it comes to issues and debates i agree it's quite heavy with the amount of content we have to learn :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Asian7
Are you taking Edexcel Board? I am. But realised that there are only 2 sets of past paper - June 2011 and June 2010. Do you have the set of questions that your teacher has given you to share?

Yeah we all are, my teacher printed us off some old specification papers, where a few questions apply still in the current spec, due to the lack of past papers! I haven't got the June 2011 paper either, my teacher is saving that one for a mock they have planned!
Reply 11
I'm thinking of making notes too but gonna try to keep it brief or I will be here forever. I need to start tho when are you planning on starting?
Reply 12
I've almost finished making notes on the Clinical Approach... and have been reading up on everything I need to know for Issues and Debates, which I'll probably start making notes and focusing on this weekend! I started revising at the beginning of these Easter holidays :smile:
Reply 13
ok thanks :smile: Im gonna start tomorrow! You no when you write your answers in the exam how do u lay it out because I need like a set structure and also do you do business studies edexcel?
Does anyone have any decent work on the contributions to society that they could possibly send me? It's the only part of the specification that i'm missing in unit 4. It doesn't really need to be very comprehensive as i'll add to it and then condense it all in revision. I'd be very grateful!
Reply 15
Does anyone have any revision notes?
Reply 16
Do we need to know AS approaches etc. I wonder why they are making us review AS stuffs...
Reply 17
Yeah unit 4 is basically everything you have learned! What revision books are you using? Do you have any revision notes I can use? Thanks
Reply 18
This is a revision thing.
Reply 19
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending