The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD315
You must have so many maths modules. Jealous :redface:

I am properly starting AF. Maths next year. :colondollar:

I don't have loads and loads like some people...

I am new to this thread - I am guessing you want to study Maths too? :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by Maths_Lover
I am properly starting AF. Maths next year. :colondollar:

I don't have loads and loads like some people...

I am new to this thread - I am guessing you want to study Maths too? :smile:

What modules are you taking out of interest? I'd love to have that many just for the fun of it, hard work I'm guessing though.

Well it all depends on the UMS obviously but maybe, haven't posted on this yet either ha.
Original post by cz100
I can't believe we were behind Oxford by a whole thread. Shocking.

I'm so sorry :frown: Our excuse is that Cambridge take the much better applicants so we needed to do more work/preparation :wink:
This is not an entirely pointless post just to get the post count up.
Reply 784
Original post by hassi94
I'm so sorry :frown: Our excuse is that Cambridge take the much better applicants so we needed to do more work/preparation :wink:

Seems to be the way the 2013 Oxford thread is going, whenever anyone mentions post count they say they're all studying :P
Original post by Extricated
This is not an entirely pointless post just to get the post count up.

No pointless posts here either....
Reply 786
Original post by hassi94

Aye, we did less procrastination :ninjagirl:
That thread died very quickly after decisions :rip:
Original post by CD315
What modules are you taking out of interest? I'd love to have that many just for the fun of it, hard work I'm guessing though.

Well it all depends on the UMS obviously but maybe, haven't posted on this yet either ha.

Hello. :hat2:

Previously done: C1, C2, C3, D1, S1, M1.
This summer: C4, FP1, S2 and AEA.
Next year: The rest of the modules but maybe not S3, S4 and D2 (I haven't decided whether or not to do the full AFM) and STEP.

It was quite fun. :colondollar: Yeah, I'm going to study hard for the summer exams and try to maximise my UMS averages. :work:

Next year: The rest of the modules but maybe not S3, S4 and D2 (I haven't decided whether or not to do the full AFM) and STEP.

It was quite fun. :colondollar: Yeah, I'm going to study hard for the summer exams and try to maximise my UMS averages. :work:

What was your UMS in D1? :tongue:
Reply 789

Wow, how have the ums been so far? Thats pretty impressive. I'm only getting to do C1, C2 and M1 for maths and FP1, M3 and S1 for FM this summer.

Where else are you looking to apply?
Cannot motivate myself to finish M4 :frown:
Original post by Etoile
Do you want Durham as your insurance then, in an ideal world?
I know! :sad: My mum said she doesn't want me to go there because it is too far, and now I am thinking that it is too far, but I don't want to give in :lol:

Yep, I think I'll apply for Natural Sciences (A*AA offer) and Biological and Biomedical Sciences (AAB offer) and hopefully the NatSci at Durham will be easier to get into than Cambridge. So in an ideal world I would have Cambridge as a firm and Biological/Biomedical Sciences at Durham as insurance. And if I get rejected from Cambridge *hopefully* I'd be accepted onto both of the Durham courses and I'd have them as my firm and insurance. :moon:
Aw. If you love the courses then I think it's worth a look though. I looked at Scotland but I didn't like the courses enough to justify going that far.
Original post by wcp100

117%

true story :smile:
Original post by wcp100

Shambles. I made a mistake in 1 question and didn't have the time to fix it. It was such a trivial mistake as well... 9 raw marks instantly gone... :facepalm:

Spoiler

Original post by CD315
Wow, how have the ums been so far? Thats pretty impressive. I'm only getting to do C1, C2 and M1 for maths and FP1, M3 and S1 for FM this summer.

Where else are you looking to apply?

All above 88/100 except for D1... Thank you very much. :smile:

What about M2? :s-smilie:

Warwick and I am researching a few others like Loughborough. I am reconsidering London universities (before I was scared that I wouldn't be able to cope with the business but not as much now).

Original post by wcp100
Cannot motivate myself to finish M4 :frown:

You've gotten that far already? :shock: Nice!

DO IT NOW. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 794

Good stuff :smile: It gets finished next year for A2.
Shambles. I made a mistake in a question and didn't have the time to fix it. It was such a trivial mistake as well... :facepalm:

Spoiler

You've gotten that far already? :shock: Nice!

DO IT NOW. :colone:

Ouch! Still above our further maths group mean though....:tongue:

I was never going to do it in school, so I bought the book an got learning. It's fairly easy. Have a look at my blog in my sig. The mechanics is fairly similar. I self taught most the integration techniques previously:tongue: I want to self teach M5 before interviews as well, I might not do it from the text book though. I now have acess to classical mechanics. The book.
Original post by CD315
Good stuff :smile: It gets finished next year for A2.

Oh cool... I just thought that M3 before M2 was a bit odd. :tongue:
Reply 797
Oh cool... I just thought that M3 before M2 was a bit odd. :tongue:

Yeah it's a bit of a problem when some of the things come up that we're assumed to know, but it gets worked around :smile:
Original post by wcp100
Ouch! Still above our further maths group mean though....:tongue:

I was never going to do it in school, so I bought the book an got learning. It's fairly easy. Have a look at my blog in my sig. The mechanics is fairly similar. I self taught most the integration techniques previously:tongue: I want to self teach M5 before interviews as well, I might not do it from the text book though. I now have acess to classical mechanics. The book.

My Maths teacher wouldn't let me enter for M2 this summer either so I can't replace my D1 score... :grumble:

Awesome, I will have a look. I am concentrating more on pure maths though for the time being, so I probably won't get that much done. I will definitely get down to business over the holidays, though and before interviews. :tongue: Sounds like an awesome book... who's the author? :smile:

I have been getting on with Number Theory, though and I completed some STEP I questions un-aided (all pure maths :colondollar:). :ahee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by CD315
Yeah it's a bit of a problem when some of the things come up that we're assumed to know, but it gets worked around :smile:

I can imagine. That's good, then. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending